SportsWrath

The Road to the Superbowl

BronxRik

Wild Card Weekend Wrap-up:

Saturday January 7th, 2012:

The texans.jpg Houston Texans defeat the bengals.jpg Cincinnati Bengals 31-10 (Travel to the ravens.jpg Baltimore Ravens for the divisional round)

The saints.jpg New Orleans Saints defeat the lions.jpg Detroit Lions 45-28 (Travel to the 49ers.jpg San Francisco 49'ers for the divisional round)

Sunday January 8th, 2012:

The nyg.jpg New York Giants defeat the falcons.jpg Atlanta Falcons 24-2 (Travel to the packers.jpg Green Bay Packers for the divisional round)

The broncos.jpg Denver Broncos defeat the steelers.jpg Pittsburgh Steelers 29-23 in O/T (Travel to the dolphins.jpg New England Patriots for the divisional round)

Divisional Rounds: Saturday January, 14th and Sunday January, 15th

Broncos beating Steelers tonight kinda has me in awe. People talk about how the Giants don't belong in the playoffs and here come the 8-8 Broncos with a QB the NFL pundits said would never be a QB in the NFL. Tebow is starting to remind me of Doug Flutie.

Broncos beating Steelers tonight kinda has me in awe. People talk about how the Giants don't belong in the playoffs and here come the 8-8 Broncos with a QB the NFL pundits said would never be a QB in the NFL. Tebow is starting to remind me of Doug Flutie.

Wouldn't it be a kick if the 9-7 Giants and the 8-8 Broncos met in the Superbowl?

Would be a hellova game because there are so many people who need to see Tebow fail and as good as our pass rush is, I can't see them catching Tebow unless we send Williams after him every single down.

Wouldn't it be a kick if the 9-7 Giants and the 8-8 Broncos met in the Superbowl?

If your record qualifies you for the playoffs you deserve it All the regular season does is give you the opportunity to make the postseason and if you play well enough home games and maybe a bye. Records mean shit now its all back to zero.

I don't get it. I'm admittedly not an observant student of the game but his flaws are so obvious. He never looks off a receiver, he turns his whole body towards the target, his throws take forever to get there.

If Bellicheck doesn't figure him out next week, I may convert.

I hate to be the guy to blame injuries, but the Steelers were beat to shit before last night's game. Playing Ben the last few weeks of the season was a mistake, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say. I don't think I would've been playing him the last few weeks if it were up to me, but they were fighting pretty hard for a WC spot if I'm not mistaken so I understand their decision.

But I think Pouncey was the nail in the injury coffin. Losing him made a hobbled Ben much more vulnerable. Depth at RB wasn't helpful either to their offense.

But Denver, geez, how do you not give them some credit here. The Steelers defense was relatively healthy going into the game and they just got manhandled by Denver's offensive line. You didn't hear anything really from Polamalu or Harrison, or really anyone else making big plays. Ike Taylor was abused almost as badly as Newman on the Cowboys when the Giants played them.

Broncos beating the Steelers has nothing on the Seahawks beating the Saints last year.

Which goes to prove the pundits wrong. A physical team with a good running game can beat a finesse team. This is why I think the 49ers this weekend have a very good chance against the Saints.

Denver deserves a lot of credit. Granted, Pittsburgh was vulnerable but considering how Denver's offense had performed in recent weeks I wasn't expecting what they showed last night. I thought Pittsburgh would be able to weather the injuries and their defense could contain Tebow. Nothing is a lock. I should know this by now but I never learn my lesson.

Denver deserves a lot of credit. Granted, Pittsburgh was vulnerable but considering how Denver's offense had performed in recent weeks I wasn't expecting what they showed last night. I thought Pittsburgh would be able to weather the injuries and their defense could contain Tebow. Nothing is a lock. I should know this by now but I never learn my lesson.

Don't think anyone would've picked Denver with a whole lot of confidence going into that game. Despite Pittsburgh's injuries, I too thought they'd easily overcome them given their defense.