SportsWrath

So when are the trolls

*SDMF*

I'd be careful throwing around the word "stay." To be honest, you're pushing it with "fan." And how interesting that a post about trolls draws you out of hiding.

See, you need to research before you open that cum pocket of a mouth of yours. I came back after the skins game cause someone I respect asked about me. This thread didnt make me come back. :rolleyes:

See, you need to research before you open that cum pocket of a mouth of yours. I came back after the skins game cause someone I respect asked about me. This thread didnt make me come back. :rolleyes:

The problem is not with your coming back. It's the fact that you threw a hissy fit and left in the first place. Turn in your cape Superfan. :TD:

I already ansewerd you above....dipshit

laughable...fairweather...etc...etc...the dog has little use for your bravado anymore. let's review:

prior to the 2007 season: you created a thread announcing your retirment from the board b/c the dog and other members had spoiled your, quote, "little giant land." a week or so later you returned.

middle of the 2007 season: you again announce you are leaving the boards (coincidentally the giants were struggling at that time, having just lost to the lions if the dog recollects accurately). you returned coincidentally when the giants made the playoffs, sighting the acts of those that voice differing opinions as your reason for leaving.

super bowl week 2007: you announce yourself as the giants "superfan," posting articles and pictures of you gallavanting around in a giant hard hat and cape.

week 1 2011: you create a thread wishing all well, and stating that it had been fun, but that you were "looking forward to next year, hopefully with a new quarterback."

subsequent weeks that followed: you never truly leave the boards, but instead puff out your superfan chest while the giants amassed a 6-2 record while playing the equivalent of the sisters of the poor.

midseason 2011: following back to back losses, you denounce the team after the physical abuse suffered at the hands of the eagles, stating that you can no longer support a team that shows no heart or fight. you bid farewell and wish others well.

last week, 2011: you return yet again (poetically following another redskin loss) after a friend reaches out to you and state, although it was never stated in your farewell address several weeks earlier, that it was the actions of certain board members that lead to your leaving (sounds earily familiar to your first two retirements)...

as the dog said, you are the brett favre of the sportswrath community, and for all of your talk and shots taken at "bandwagon" fans of other teams, you have a history of jumping ship when things go south...so for the first time in the dog's message board history, the dog may have to utilize a feature that the dog typically frowns upon, and that is the ignore feature...have to sleep on this one...

blunatic/all to jump to your defense in 3...2...1....

I don't know. To me, a guy who is a little too passionate about his team trumps a guy who is too pussy to name his team. But that's just my "sediment"

Seconded.

And I'm just going to say, without directing this at anybody in particular, that if you don't want people to think that you live in your mama's basement... then don't let it out that you remember in detail multiple posts from four years ago by some random dude on a football message board.

LOL. For a team and a fan base that likes to think of themselves as "knowledgeable" this is a real head scratcher. You, of course, are not the only mathematically challenged ladyboy though because I heard this from quite a few other dummies as well.

If Dallas had won Sunday against Philly, they would still be in the hunt for the last wild card spot and would have gotten in with a loss to the giants and an Atlanta loss to TB.

So if both Atl and Dallas both lose Sunday you can rest easy in the knowledge that you are going home because your Ivy League coach is too stupid to understand the playoff system/.

i don't know. sit romo and hold your destiny in your own hands with ny. or play him and hope he isn't further injured and miss the playoffs all while gambling that tampa is gonna somehow beat atl as well.

i think red j made the right move. a no brainer really.

Seconded.

And I'm just going to say, without directing this at anybody in particular, that if you don't want people to think that you live in your mama's basement... then don't let it out that you remember in detail multiple posts from four years ago by some random dude on a football message board.

Do you think the dog is overly concerned about what the same "random dudes on a football message board" image of him is?

lol

It isn't a "right move" if you are unaware of the ramifications of all of the moves available to you. It is more akin too stumbling around in a stupor hoping something goes right.

It is extremely hard to make the playoffs in the NFL. For a head coach and / or his players to view a game as a meaningless when, in actuality, it takes away a path to the post season tournament is the height of idiocy.

period. bottom line. end of story.

lol

It isn't a "right move" if you are unaware of the ramifications of all of the moves available to you. It is more akin too stumbling around in a stupor hoping something goes right.

It is extremely hard to make the playoffs in the NFL. For a head coach and / or his players to view a game as a meaningless when, in actuality, it takes away a path to the post season tournament is the height of idiocy.

period. bottom line. end of story.

You're looking more and more foolish every post. They were aware of the ramifications and they made a choice. To argue that they were unaware of what was going on is just silly.

Even if they lose to the Giants I believe it was the right choice. If they can't beat the Giants Sunday night, they don't have a prayer in NO or GB. Period.

Their QB had a bad throwing hand. Becuase they did not think they could win with Steven Maghee (the 3rd stringer because the 2nd stringer who beat the Giants last year in the meadowlands was also hurt) they chose to rest other guys. I think Felix Jones has a bad hamstring. DeMarcus has been banged up as well as Ratliff. Makes sense to me.

I think its stupid to "claim" the game was meaningless. They sound foolish saying that.

But again, if you cant beat the 8-7 with the medicore defense you will not have a prayer in the playoffs. You rest your guys, try to get them healthy, and go play an opponent who is VERY BEATABLE. If you lose, you lose.

The game that haunts the Cowboys is the Cardnals. But againt, at the end of the day you are a 9-7 type team whose glaring weaknesses happen to match up with the incredible strengths of teams like NO and GB.

In all likelihood, as painful as it is to admit, this is just not the Cowboys year. And, if you are being honest with yourself, it is not the Giants year either.

You're looking more and more foolish every post. They were aware of the ramifications and they made a choice. To argue that they were unaware of what was going on is just silly.

Even if they lose to the Giants I believe it was the right choice. If they can't beat the Giants Sunday night, they don't have a prayer in NO or GB. Period.

Their QB had a bad throwing hand. Becuase they did not think they could win with Steven Maghee (the 3rd stringer because the 2nd stringer who beat the Giants last year in the meadowlands was also hurt) they chose to rest other guys. I think Felix Jones has a bad hamstring. DeMarcus has been banged up as well as Ratliff. Makes sense to me.

I think its stupid to "claim" the game was meaningless. They sound foolish saying that.

But again, if you cant beat the 8-7 with the medicore defense you will not have a prayer in the playoffs. You rest your guys, try to get them healthy, and go play an opponent who is VERY BEATABLE. If you lose, you lose.

The game that haunts the Cowboys is the Cardnals. But againt, at the end of the day you are a 9-7 type team whose glaring weaknesses happen to match up with the incredible strengths of teams like NO and GB.

In all likelihood, as painful as it is to admit, this is just not the Cowboys year. And, if you are being honest with yourself, it is not the Giants year either.

I typically stay away from these boards anymore, but wanted to respond to this. To say that neither team has a chance is absurd. Tell the 2007 Giants they had no prayer. Tell Green Bay last year they had no prayer. If Detroit, San Fran, The Giants, Dallas, or the Falcons have no chance, why play the game. Sorry, but claiming this is not the Cowboys year or the Giants year is claptrap. You may truly believe that, but as a true NY Giant fan and a fan of the sport, I say either team has a shot. Green Bay is beatable, The Giants proved they could be scored on and with a better defensive showing (hitting Rodgers hard and often) they can be beat. The Saints are not world beaters when playing outside of their dome. They can be taken down. I see no team that can say they are unbeatable.

As for not playing your starters last week. I agree. It was would have been stupid to play Romo in that game. Besides, I want to face Romo as the Giants are horrid against backup QBs. Just saying.

Egg, I still contend (with H) that the game against Philly wasn't meaningless because there was one other scenario the Boys could make the playoffs while losing the the Giants this week.. too late now.. it's over.

However I wanted to commend you on your participation in this board. Earlier when you started posting it was more trash talk and far less substance... welcome again to the board my friend.

I typically stay away from these boards anymore, but wanted to respond to this. To say that neither team has a chance is absurd. Tell the 2007 Giants they had no prayer. Tell Green Bay last year they had no prayer. If Detroit, San Fran, The Giants, Dallas, or the Falcons have no chance, why play the game. Sorry, but claiming this is not the Cowboys year or the Giants year is claptrap. You may truly believe that, but as a true NY Giant fan and a fan of the sport, I say either team has a shot. Green Bay is beatable, The Giants proved they could be scored on and with a better defensive showing (hitting Rodgers hard and often) they can be beat. The Saints are not world beaters when playing outside of their dome. They can be taken down. I see no team that can say they are unbeatable.

As for not playing your starters last week. I agree. It was would have been stupid to play Romo in that game. Besides, I want to face Romo as the Giants are horrid against backup QBs. Just saying.

Anything can happen. You are correct. But the Giants and Cowboys are going to need a lot of shit to go their way. I agree GB is beatable. I don't think its likely that either the Giants or Cowboys will do it. But they could. And I agree completely with what you say about the Saints. So somebody better knock them off because our teams would be going to the dome. But, keepin it real, I think the 2007 Giants were better than the 2011 Giants. Any team that can throw well will be a problem, including Detriot.

Egg, I still contend (with H) that the game against Philly wasn't meaningless because there was one other scenario the Boys could make the playoffs while losing the the Giants this week.. too late now.. it's over.

However I wanted to commend you on your participation in this board. Earlier when you started posting it was more trash talk and far less substance... welcome again to the board my friend.

Yea, well, how much trash talking can either side really do? And I'm burned out this season from too many games going down to the wire. :yawn: Let's just hope both teams play well Sunday night, and not the sloppy blown coverage penalty-ridden bs that we sometimes see.

Yea, well, how much trash talking can either side really do? And I'm burned out this season from too many games going down to the wire. :yawn: Let's just hope both teams play well Sunday night, and not the sloppy blown coverage penalty-ridden bs that we sometimes see.

Agreed. As much heartburn as the Giants have given me this season, I'm glad they stomped on the Jets... and now they can make up for all the misery by winning against Dallas.. only for the sole purpose of getting a chance to meet GB again.

Anything can happen. You are correct. But the Giants and Cowboys are going to need a lot of shit to go their way. I agree GB is beatable. I don't think its likely that either the Giants or Cowboys will do it. But they could. And I agree completely with what you say about the Saints. So somebody better knock them off because our teams would be going to the dome. But, keepin it real, I think the 2007 Giants were better than the 2011 Giants. Any team that can throw well will be a problem, including Detriot.

Whats sad is that the 2011 Giants Offense is better than the 2007 one, and this years defense is worse. Again, do I think that the either of these teams will go all the way? Probably not, yet I am still inclinded to believe that any team can win on any given Sunday. I do however have faith that Eli is doing well enough to carry this team all the way. All the Giants need is the Defense to step up just a little like they did against the Jests. I hate to admit it, but I think the same can be said for the Dallas.

As for this game, I just want the Refs to not place a winner in the playoffs (either team) with one or two bad calls, or like last week, with reversals on calls that should have stood. That I would like to see a clean, injury free game.

I would say good luck, but I wouldnt mean it. I want the Giants to get another shot at GB as I really think they can take them down this time. :ph34r:

Really. Did you watch the game? when your star TE Witten was coming off the field he directly stated to the sideline chick that they knew the game "did not matter".

If the coaches where aware that the game actually did matter they probably should have shared that info with their best offensive player.

But hey if you lose this week and so does Atlanta you can always tell yourself that your coaches where right in not exhorting their players to go hard.

Really. Did you watch the game? when your star TE Witten was coming off the field he directly stated to the sideline chick that they knew the game "did not matter".

If the coaches where aware that the game actually did matter they probably should have shared that info with their best offensive player.

But hey if you lose this week and so does Atlanta you can always tell yourself that your coaches where right in not exhorting their players to go hard.

They were not going to win with McGee. They can win the division this week. So, in a sense, it was meaningless.

And we don't know how well TB would have faired playing an Atlanta team that had something on the line. I'm guessing not very well.

But the Atlanta game this week is -- there's that word again -- meaningless.

Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate throwing games away.

But the risk of winning that game with or without Romo was not worth it when compared to the likelihood of TB knocking off Atlanta in a game that mattered.

Beat the 8-7 team with the bad defense or go home.

Beat the 8-7 team with the bad defense or go home.

Very simple.

I will be rooting for Atlanta to lose and if the Giants pull it off, get your popcorn ready :D

Wow, the dog thinks this is a fascinating debate. Why not leave at this...

Hlb has point. The game wasn't meaningless. Beyond that, it made no sense to play romo after the injury, nor did it make sense to play other injured players.

Like bad egg says, whichever mediocre team decides to play a hair better Sunday gets in. The dog has said since week 4, the NFC east rep in the playoffs this year is a placeholder at best. If you think this is lightening in a bottle part two, it is time to wake up. On their best day, neither team beats GB or NO on the road...Detroit is a stretch at home...

i don't know. sit romo and hold your destiny in your own hands with ny. or play him and hope he isn't further injured and miss the playoffs all while gambling that tampa is gonna somehow beat atl as well.

Last time I checked this is football. Why not forfeit the entire game and catch an early flight home and start to prepare sooner. G-A-Y

Wow, the dog thinks this is a fascinating debate. Why not leave at this...

Hlb has point. The game wasn't meaningless. Beyond that, it made no sense to play romo after the injury, nor did it make sense to play other injured players.

Like bad egg says, whichever mediocre team decides to play a hair better Sunday gets in. The dog has said since week 4, the NFC east rep in the playoffs this year is a placeholder at best. If you think this is lightening in a bottle part two, it is time to wake up. On their best day, neither team beats GB or NO on the road...Detroit is a stretch at home...

Makes sense to me Romo would rather play dress up with Jones then face the Eagles D-line. There beats the heart of a champion

Makes sense to me Romo would rather play dress up with Jones then face the Eagles D-line. There beats the heart of a champion

Now you are just being silly. And confrontational. During the Holiday season no less, when we should be kind to our fellow football fan.

The man played and won with a punctured lung and broken ribs on the road against a team that beat the Giants and their so-called "elite" QB. Romo followed it up with another gutsy performance when his own team sucked against a Redskins team that beat the Giants twice, including one game where Montana Jr served up and INT TD. Questioning Romo after the year he has had, factoring in statistics and the intangibles, is just silly at this point.

The hand was too swollen on Sunday for him to really be effective. If they threw him out there, maybe they would have won. But why risk it? Why risk him diving or other players diving for a fumbled snap? Why risk balls sailing and Austin or Dez being hung out to dry? Why risk Romo further damaging his hand when they can still line up and play a mediocre Giants team for a playoff spot?

Because Tampa Bay might rise up from the dead and beat Atlanta? And then you can back in at 8-8? Please...

The Giants defensive line may generate too much pressure this week. The Cowboys defensive line must be better than the last time out. If the Giants win they win. If the Cowboys play better defense, and they can, I think they could win. I think the weather could help them.

But I also think most true Cowboys fans are okay with not backing in at 8-8.