SportsWrath

YOU DOWN WIT' JPP???

You hear that sound? That's the sound of Osi losing his job.

I still think the Giants should offer him a deal, because Osi is certainly a very reliable backup...but yeah, he's definitely gotten shuffled down the depth chart due to JPP's play. That said, because Osi could start on a number of teams leaguewide, I don't expect him to return once his contract is up.

Osi still has another year left on his deal. But with a lot of other key players up for free agency, and the emergence of JPP, I expect Osi to be traded or cut prior to next season. Jon Goff, T2, Jake Ballard, Mario Manningham, Kareem McKenzie, Bear Pascoe, Aaron Ross, Dave Tollefson... all free agents at the end of the season. I'd like to see Goff, T2, Pascoe, Ballard, and Tollefson back. I think MM, McKenzie, and Ross will be on new teams next year.

Osi still has another year left on his deal. But with a lot of other key players up for free agency, and the emergence of JPP, I expect Osi to be traded or cut prior to next season. Jon Goff, T2, Jake Ballard, Mario Manningham, Kareem McKenzie, Bear Pascoe, Aaron Ross, Dave Tollefson... all free agents at the end of the season. I'd like to see Goff, T2, Pascoe, Ballard, and Tollefson back. I think MM, McKenzie, and Ross will be on new teams next year.

Agreed.

Goff - I could live without as long as he's replaced by someone who can step in. Our rookies (Jones, Paysinger, the other guy) have gained significant experience this season that coupled with a full offseason, will only improve their play. I will say that these younger guys are athletic, but just need more time to grow accustomed to their role. Goff could be replaced by a veteran with 2-3 years of solid playing time left in their tank. I'd like to see him signed, but we could survive without him.

T2 - a definite need here to resign him. I've said before that Aaron Ross is serviceable as a #3 CB, but that's about as far as I'll go. T2 is big time though and needs to be made a priority.

Pascoe, Ballard, and Tollefson - these are all lesser known role player guys who are part of our rotation. They are not, however, stand out, team leading, type guys. Because of that, I think they're value is significantly lower on the open FA market than it is for us.

MM - expendable with Cruz's emergence and Barden's flashes. I am not sold on Barden, but he's shown just enough to be given another year. Cruz can play the slot or the outside. I'm not sure Barden could play the slot, yet. Either way, I'd be good with Nicks and Cruz as 1-2 with Barden being our 3. Losing Manningham would hurt depth though. An effort to resign him should be made, but we don't need to go apeshit with his deal.

Agreed.

Goff - I could live without as long as he's replaced by someone who can step in. Our rookies (Jones, Paysinger, the other guy) have gained significant experience this season that coupled with a full offseason, will only improve their play. I will say that these younger guys are athletic, but just need more time to grow accustomed to their role. Goff could be replaced by a veteran with 2-3 years of solid playing time left in their tank. I'd like to see him signed, but we could survive without him.

T2 - a definite need here to resign him. I've said before that Aaron Ross is serviceable as a #3 CB, but that's about as far as I'll go. T2 is big time though and needs to be made a priority.

Pascoe, Ballard, and Tollefson - these are all lesser known role player guys who are part of our rotation. They are not, however, stand out, team leading, type guys. Because of that, I think they're value is significantly lower on the open FA market than it is for us.

MM - expendable with Cruz's emergence and Barden's flashes. I am not sold on Barden, but he's shown just enough to be given another year. Cruz can play the slot or the outside. I'm not sure Barden could play the slot, yet. Either way, I'd be good with Nicks and Cruz as 1-2 with Barden being our 3. Losing Manningham would hurt depth though. An effort to resign him should be made, but we don't need to go apeshit with his deal.

I was surprised he didn't see the field last night... I think he should get more playing time.

I didn't see him on the field very much, Tree. I saw a lot of Beckum in the slot and sometimes Pascoe split wide, but not a lot of Barden. I know he was out there some... but I'd bet he didn't even get 25% of the offensive snaps, probably not even that.

I still think the Giants should offer him a deal, because Osi is certainly a very reliable backup...but yeah, he's definitely gotten shuffled down the depth chart due to JPP's play. That said, because Osi could start on a number of teams leaguewide, I don't expect him to return once his contract is up.

Osi wants big money. Do you really think Reese is going to open the bank from him?

Osi wants big money. Do you really think Reese is going to open the bank from him?

Nope, I don't think Reese will or should offer him big money. Osi should get backup money from us, because that's what he'd be. If he wants to start and get starter money, he should go elsewhere to get it.

I'm simply saying that we should make our offer. That, or trade him with the 1 year remaining on his deal so that we get something in return.

Barden had a few plays that I remember seeing his number, but he certainly didn't get too many targets. WIth a healthy Manningham, Cruz, Nicks, Ballard...added to Jacobs/Bradshaw running like they should've all along...added to our offensive line playing better...I just don't see Barden getting the ball thrown his way all that much.

The debate is whether or not Barden could fill the role of Cruz on the outside in 3 WR sets should Manningham not return. Nicks is definitely on the outside. Cruz would be better in the slot than Barden. When Hixon gets healthy, he could fight for that 3rd WR spot too.

I didn't see him on the field very much, Tree. I saw a lot of Beckum in the slot and sometimes Pascoe split wide, but not a lot of Barden. I know he was out there some... but I'd bet he didn't even get 25% of the offensive snaps, probably not even that.

Why would he with Nicks, Manningham and Cruz all healthy? The fact Beckum sees more action, let that sink in...Beckum...tells you how well he's progressed.

Why would he with Nicks, Manningham and Cruz all healthy? The fact Beckum sees more action, let that sink in...Beckum...tells you how well he's progressed.

The very few times the ball was thrown his way he's snatched it... even when it was thrown to the defender.

The very few times the ball was thrown his way he's snatched it... even when it was thrown to the defender.

Y'know...this has stuck with me too. Barden has good hands. It is difficult to determine if his lack of production is due to his lack of getting open or his lack of targets given the other options.

Y'know...this has stuck with me too. Barden has good hands. It is difficult to determine if his lack of production is due to his lack of getting open or his lack of targets given the other options.

I guess it's hard to complain since our O is producing.. very well actually. I just wish we had a DC who knew wtf he's doing.

I look forward to him recovering an onside kick for us sometime in the future.

I was just having that conversation with another Giants fan this week.

Me: Do you remember the Giants EVER recovering an onsides kick in your lifetime when they were the kicking team?

Giants fan: No.

Me: Me neither.