SportsWrath

~~POWER RANKINGS~~

jerseygiantfan

mods please pin...this is phenomanol, expert, dare the dog say elite commentary. this type of analysis should quite frankly land you a spot on the NFL Today pre-game show. so the defense has to stop the running back with the 5th most yardage in the league to date? the dog hopes the giant coaching staff is listening. but to not stop there, and to eloquently state that the 49ers have a strong D, when they are ranked in the top 10 overall...gold, pure gold. what's more, going out on the proverbial limb and stating that you "don't think" the 49ers will pass for much, given that they rank 30th in passing yards per game was not only genius, but speaks to one's ability to look inside the numbers, a skill that so many forget when assessing a pending game. please, if you will, take us through the remaining games of the week so that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

:LMAO:

Here I am, in my mother's basement, laughing my ass off.

Slow day, kids?

Since half time of the Miami game, the Giants have much better against the run. A lot of this I'm sure coincides with Tuck coming back. I still think there is a problem on Osi's side. He is just not a good run defender and when he's in there, the 49ers will run to his side. Kiwi needs to step in that gap and punish Gore for going there. I keep hoping Fewell will play JPP in Osi's spot on 1st downs and on 2nd and short. We'll see if it happens, but it looks like Fewell is employing JPP at the DT spot a lot, which I'm not a fan of.

I think Gore is not going to have the monster game many may think he will considering our NFL rank in run defense. Alex Smith is going to have to make plays and I think that is where I believe we have a major advantage, if we can effectively get after him. I'm hoping Prince Amukamara makes his debut this week and we see a little more Antrel Rolle at safety. Time to see what the rook can do.

If we lose, I don't think it will be because our defense didn't do its job. It will be because we couldn't score points on offense. If Hakeem Nicks doesn't play, that is a possibility because they are so good on that side of the ball. We really need him out there to open things up for Eli.

I know right now Brandon Jacobs isn't going to be able to run the ball on Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman. This game is all about stretching that defense out and getting some big plays through the air. If they do that, then maybe we can set up the run with the pass. But it's not going to work the other way.

HA HA HA HA...really "allstar" jim, will you and bigblue01 get your own show already? since half time of the miami game? really? well, let the dog check on this...first, you are making a statement that accounts for 6 quarters of football. 6. so for the last 6 quarters, they have been better against the run? hmmm. ok...now let the dog look further...oh, see this - reggie bush gained more than half of his 100 yards that game in the second half. that's right, the powerful reggie bush did that. and...hmmm...the next week, the patriots, who are ranked 24th in RUSHING ATTEMPTS ran the ball a whopping 19 times and still averaged 4 yards a carry...the dog finally figured you out...regurgitate 18 paragraphs of BS that exgausts people who ultimately just mistake quantity with quality and accuracy...too funny. you and bigblue01 really should get at least a segment on the nflnetwork...you can provide expert analysis while riding in a big truck a la BJ and the Bear...seems fitting.

HA HA HA HA...really "allstar" jim, will you and bigblue01 get your own show already? since half time of the miami game? really? well, let the dog check on this...first, you are making a statement that accounts for 6 quarters of football. 6. so for the last 6 quarters, they have been better against the run? hmmm. ok...now let the dog look further...oh, see this - reggie bush gained more than half of his 100 yards that game in the second half. that's right, the powerful reggie bush did that. and...hmmm...the next week, the patriots, who are ranked 24th in RUSHING ATTEMPTS ran the ball a whopping 19 times and still averaged 4 yards a carry...the dog finally figured you out...regurgitate 18 paragraphs of BS that exgausts people who ultimately just mistake quantity with quality and accuracy...too funny. you and bigblue01 really should get at least a segment on the nflnetwork...you can provide expert analysis while riding in a big truck a la BJ and the Bear...seems fitting.

You're so stupid Dog. I watch the games, you can't compete with me, not even close, talking football. Give it up. Instead of saying "After the initial Dolphins' possession of the 2nd half of the game, where Reggie Bush had a 28 yard run and a 13 yard run, the Giants have defense has done much better against the run." I simply stated that they have done better against the run since the half. A closer look by you might have revealed that after that initial possession, Bush carried 7 times for 18 yards for the rest of the half. Yes, the Giants defense has defended the run much better in the last 6 quarters.

I also said that teams can still find success running to Osi's side.

You think you're so smart, Dog. You think you know so much about football. You're not nearly as smart as you think you are.

Thats alot of analysis and typing for someone who accusses jim of doin it. :rolleyes:

I failed to address your other statement about the Pats game. My bad.

You mentioned the Patriots averaged 4.4 yards per carry as an indictment of the defense? They had 2 carries for more than 10 yards, none for more than 20. BGE had an 18 yarder and Welker had a 13 yarder on a reverse. They totaled only 106 yards rushing. Not phenomenal but a big improvement. In fact, other than the 18 yard run BGE averaged 3.1 ypc on his other carries. The Giants stuffed a good deal of his and Woodhead's runs. That was what I SAW when I watched the game Dog, instead of regurgitating stats. But if that's your style, than I give you this:

4.4 ypc is a big improvement over 7.6 ypc (Fred Jackson, on 16/121/1 TD), 8.2 ypc (Marshawn Lynch on 12/98/1 TD), 5.1 ypc (Beanie Wells on 27/138/3 TDs), and 5.3 ypc (LeSean McCoy on 24/128/1 TD), which was the Giants (lack of) peformance in the 4 games prior to the Dolphins game.

I see greater effort in stopping the run, Dog, but feel free to continue throwing shit at the wall.

I failed to address your other statement about the Pats game. My bad.

You mentioned the Patriots averaged 4.4 yards per carry as an indictment of the defense? They had 2 carries for more than 10 yards, none for more than 20. BGE had an 18 yarder and Welker had a 13 yarder on a reverse. They totaled only 106 yards rushing. Not phenomenal but a big improvement. In fact, other than the 18 yard run BGE averaged 3.1 ypc on his other carries. The Giants stuffed a good deal of his and Woodhead's runs. That was what I SAW when I watched the game Dog, instead of regurgitating stats. But if that's your style, than I give you this:

4.4 ypc is a big improvement over 7.6 ypc (Fred Jackson, on 16/121/1 TD), 8.2 ypc (Marshawn Lynch on 12/98/1 TD), 5.1 ypc (Beanie Wells on 27/138/3 TDs), and 5.3 ypc (LeSean McCoy on 24/128/1 TD), which was the Giants (lack of) peformance in the 4 games prior to the Dolphins game.

I see greater effort in stopping the run, Dog, but feel free to continue throwing shit at the wall.

Not to get into the Dog's way, but what I SAW during the Giants/Pat's game CONFIRMED what I already KNEW:

Danny Woodhead is not Fred Jackson. Not Beanie Wells. And not even Marshawn Lynch. And McCoy? Let's not even go there. But, by all means, thump your chest for shutting down the dreaded Danny Woodhead.

I willing to bet that the Giants would have shut Woodhead down week 1. But would be gashed by Fred Jackson next week.

And all of this proves my point: When you need to resort to Wes Welker running a reverse, your offense desperately lacks playmakers. Brady has no one that can legitimately stretch the field. And no one that can run the ball.

Not to get into the Dog's way, but what I SAW during the Giants/Pat's game CONFIRMED what I already KNEW:

Danny Woodhead is not Fred Jackson. Not Beanie Wells. And not even Marshawn Lynch. And McCoy? Let's not even go there. But, by all means, thump your chest for shutting down the dreaded Danny Woodhead.

I willing to bet that the Giants would have shut Woodhead down week 1. But would be gashed by Fred Jackson next week.

And all of this proves my point: When you need to resort to Wes Welker running a reverse, your offense desperately lacks playmakers. Brady has no one that can legitimately stretch the field. And no one that can run the ball.

Wikipedia

Wow, you are angry, aren't you BadEgg? Just when I thought you were turning a corner into a reasonable, somewhat intelligent poster, you revert back to nonsense.

Please tell me how I was "suppressing the fact that Danny Woodhead is not the second coming of Jim Brown."

That's such an asinine statement. In fact, I only mentioned Woodhead in passing, while focusing mostly on BGE's carries... but you're making some big deal about Woodhead for some reason. I mean, where in my post did I even say that Woodhead was even any good at all? I only included Woodhead because he had the second most carries on the team, and there were a couple of plays that I saw where the Giants defense was already in the backfield as he was getting the ball. No matter who the running back is, they played the run better than in recent games. This is not disputable. And trust me, I'm being sincere when I say this, your post makes me wonder if I'm arguing with a 7 year old. I was going to say a 12 year old, but even that would give your post too much credit.

See, when you focused on Woodhead and made that a big deal, when he was such a minute part of my post, you cherry-picked in an attempt to discredit the evidence I produced.

Now, I am a pretty fair-minded guy. I have been critical of players on this team in the past even when other fans have not been. I comment on my observations and won't hesitate to say a player stinks, regardless of the player's popularity on my team. I have done this with Mario Manningham recently, as well as other popular players like David Deihl and Kevin Boothe. I was probably the first one on this board and really any other place I've read commentary to say that Hynoski wasn't doing a very good job, despite his popularity. Same goes for Herzlich... when others were crowding the bandwagon, I was saying he looks slow and not athletic enough to be starter material right now.

So let's not be silly and start implying some kind of homerism is at work. What I see is a good football team that is going to put a hurting on your Cowboys... twice. It's going to happen, and you will disappear again for awhile. I only comment on what I see, and what I see is a Cowboys team that sucks in pass defense, and it's going to be exploited by Eli Manning, who this year, is playing at an elite level.

And by the way, every offense has some kind of reverse in the playbook. They went to the reverse because they thought it would work and it did... I'm sure they were hoping for a bigger play out of it but they did get 13. But no matter how you slice, Giants did a good job of shutting down the run.

I'll say this: I'm not claiming the Giants have cured their struggles in run defense. I'm saying they are playing better. San Francisco will provide a much bigger test for them. I fully expect Frank Gore will make some plays. But if they can keep that to a minimum, I will be happy. And I think they have the players to slow him down.

You're so stupid Dog. I watch the games, you can't compete with me, not even close, talking football. Give it up. Instead of saying "After the initial Dolphins' possession of the 2nd half of the game, where Reggie Bush had a 28 yard run and a 13 yard run, the Giants have defense has done much better against the run." I simply stated that they have done better against the run since the half. A closer look by you might have revealed that after that initial possession, Bush carried 7 times for 18 yards for the rest of the half. Yes, the Giants defense has defended the run much better in the last 6 quarters.

I also said that teams can still find success running to Osi's side.

You think you're so smart, Dog. You think you know so much about football. You're not nearly as smart as you think you are.

the dog doesn't pretend to be so. that would be hiding behind 6 page posts sprinkled with some fact stated as if it is law...that's your department. you want to state that the giants have been better against the run since the 2nd half of the dolphins game. think how silly that is. in essence, you are saying the giants have been better against the run for a grand total of 6 quarters. it is like saying eli manning is elite because he has had a very good first half of the year...by the way, in all your posturing and stat analysis about the pats game, you ignored what the dog stated earlier...the pats are 24th in the league in rushing attempts. they are a team that doesn't run the ball. you don't have to be a genius to understand how stopping the patriot run game is, well, not much by way of a challenge when the patriots themselves could care less about their own run game. you do make the dog smile "allstar"jim, not as much as bigblue01 does, but you are getting there.

the dog doesn't pretend to be so. that would be hiding behind 6 page posts sprinkled with some fact stated as if it is law...that's your department. you want to state that the giants have been better against the run since the 2nd half of the dolphins game. think how silly that is. in essence, you are saying the giants have been better against the run for a grand total of 6 quarters. it is like saying eli manning is elite because he has had a very good first half of the year...by the way, in all your posturing and stat analysis about the pats game, you ignored what the dog stated earlier...the pats are 24th in the league in rushing attempts. they are a team that doesn't run the ball. you don't have to be a genius to understand how stopping the patriot run game is, well, not much by way of a challenge when the patriots themselves could care less about their own run game. you do make the dog smile "allstar"jim, not as much as bigblue01 does, but you are getting there.

Our run D is not as good as what it used to be but it's not like RBs have lit us up either. This week we face one of top rushing teams in the league with Frank Gore leading that attack.... at the end of the day what matters is who gets that W. But I'm sure if the Giants win that game, you and Egg would still downplay the event... It's sad because I happened to be one of those who gives credit where credit is due... notice our reaction to the Ware thread.. many of us stated our respect and admiration for him... maybe that's our persona... The Giants are 6-2.. and Eli is currently 5th in the league in QB rating and the best in the 4th qtr... you are what your record says you are.. and right not the team's record and Eli's record.. are.. Elite.

Our run D is not as good as what it used to be but it's not like RBs have lit us up either. This week we face one of top rushing teams in the league with Frank Gore leading that attack.... at the end of the day what matters is who gets that W. But I'm sure if the Giants win that game, you and Egg would still downplay the event... It's sad because I happened to be one of those who gives credit where credit is due... notice our reaction to the Ware thread.. many of us stated our respect and admiration for him... maybe that's our persona... The Giants are 6-2.. and Eli is currently 5th in the league in QB rating and the best in the 4th qtr... you are what your record says you are.. and right not the team's record and Eli's record.. are.. Elite.

Nas, go back and look at my posts. I have more than given the Giants credit for being 6-2. As I said earlier, they are doing what they need to do and their coaching staff has been outstanding to this point.

Now why is that not enough?

Why are you not satisified unless we get down on our knees and pay homage to Manning's little brother?

well nas, this may not be the best time for the dog to state that the 49ers are not as good as the 7-1 record sounds. so yes, the dog frankly believes that the giants are going to win this game. call it downplaying if you want, but the league is in an odd place were there is no clear cut upper tier of teams....and quite frankly, if you feel that 6-2 given the schedule is elite, than good for you.

First, doesn't matter how much another team runs the ball it's important to stop them when they do. I couldn't care less where they are ranked in rushing attempts per game. That is a completely useless statistic, but of course that doesn't stop the Dog. I do know the Pats ran the ball 23 times (not counting the Brady scramble), and the Giants did a pretty good job overall on those runs, that is the point.

But I love how the Dog is discounting the 49ers already, as if they haven't beaten anyone. We are more than capable of losing to this team and they are the real deal. The 49ers will probably be the toughest opponent we have played to date. This is a team that has already beaten the Bengals, the Lions, the Eagles, and completely DESTROYED the Buccaneers. That's 4 quality wins, and that is a team that plays tremendous defense, with 2 of the best linebackers in the NFL and one of the best DE's. Plus they can run the ball and now have weapons, and the Giants have to travel across the country and play in their house.

This is a game that if we win, it will be a dog fight, and it will be a high quality win. I'm not saying that SF is the Packers or they are Super Bowl bound, but any time you have a team that can run the ball well and plays great defense, it's a formula for a tough team to beat.

Nas, go back and look at my posts. I have more than given the Giants credit for being 6-2. As I said earlier, they are doing what they need to do and their coaching staff has been outstanding to this point.

Now why is that not enough?

Why are you not satisified unless we get down on our knees and pay homage to Manning's little brother?

Exactly my point.. you and the Dog keep belittling our star.. .arguably the best player to dawn the Giants uniform since LT and our beloved Strahan... We on this board have been as tough on Eli as they come when we see him fucking up.. it's only right we praise him for taking his play to a higher level this season. The play of our QB has everything to do with our record.. as you know our run game has been anemic.

well nas, this may not be the best time for the dog to state that the 49ers are not as good as the 7-1 record sounds. so yes, the dog frankly believes that the giants are going to win this game. call it downplaying if you want, but the league is in an odd place were there is no clear cut upper tier of teams....and quite frankly, if you feel that 6-2 given the schedule is elite, than good for you.

I say beating the Eagles, Bills, and Patriots give us a pretty good feeling in our gut.... you are what your record say you are... and right now the niners are 7-1... and if we win that game.. we get philly... then Saints.. then Packers... can't think of a tougher stretch... if we get 2 out of those 4.. then we're 3-2 against arguably elite teams... And to think we are where we are after all those fucking injuries before the season even started... I dare anyone on this board to say we expected to be at 6-2 at this point.. the sky was falling.. and if we have to point to one player.. it would be our Little Manning...