SportsWrath

Manning rescues win from dopey coordinators.

JMFP

I have no fucking clue what Gilbride was thinking on that last Giants drive. It's shit like that that is going to lose games against better teams.

How hard is it to run the ball up the middle three times and punt. Unfuckingbelievable.

And really, ENOUGH with DJ Nowhere.

Does it take an act of Congress to get Da'Rel Scott an opportunity.

I'm giving credit completely to Eli Manning for stealing a win despite shitty coaching on offense and defense today.

As far as Fewell is concerned....enough with the 4-2-5 bullshit already. Our run defense looks pathetic.

First, credit to Eli for yet another superb game... he would have easily topped 400 yards if it wasn't for the drops... nonetheless blaming Ware for lack of a rushing attack seems to be off base.. Bradshaw and BJ haven't done any better anyway.. which leads me to believe our OL suffered with the loss of O'Hara and Suebert.. granted both were injured and didn't have much left in the tank anyway... However I feel Ware should at least get a fair shot at the position before we can say he sucks... I think he has a burst of speed no other RB on our roster has.. he just has to get a feel for the game and that means more than a couple of carries a game..

I also think the O-line, at least in pass protection, was phenomenal. There were plays were Eli had 6 seconds or more back there... amazing. There was one play he threw it out of the back of the end zone because he had held onto the ball so long, and he STILL wasn't under pressure. The O-line did a pretty good job.

How about instead of a bunch of fucking rocket science, call a straightfoward running play, 3x, and then punt the ball?

Why the fuck does everything need to be so damn complicated?

Because Eli was hot and the running game sucked major balls.. again. I had no problem with the passing plays seeing we couldn't run the ball to save our lives.

Ok lets break it down a bit more. Regardless of how many yards necessary for the first down, run the fucking ball. Start the clock and make Miami burn the last timeout. If you run the ball three times and Miami only stops the clock once, that still takes the game clock down to the 2 minute warning which we didn't do by throwing the ball 3 times and giving the ball back to Miami exactly 22 seconds later. 1:30 vs 22 seconds. That is the difference between throwing three times in a row going for a first down and not making it versus running the ball three times and not making it, minimum. We could have punted right after the 2 minute warning and put the defense in a better position.

When there is 4 minutes on the clock and they have one timeout left, that is the time to run the ball.

You're assuming we're throwing incompletions every time.. we don't know the outcome of the play before the play... theoretically Eli was hot and was able to complete those passes.. whereas our running game didn't exist...

I'm in agreement with Storm and Nas on this one. I think passing there was the right thing to do. I'm a firm believer in staying aggressive until the game is reasonably out of reach. Run the ball when you have a 2 score lead, not when you're only winning by 3.

I also think the O-line, at least in pass protection, was phenomenal. There were plays were Eli had 6 seconds or more back there... amazing. There was one play he threw it out of the back of the end zone because he had held onto the ball so long, and he STILL wasn't under pressure. The O-line did a pretty good job.

Very true. There's a major dichotomy going on here; I'd rate them 9/10 in pass protection and 2/10 in run blocking.

I'm loving this: (Top 5 QBs this season so far)

1. Aaron Rodgers, .....GB ........125.7

2. Tom Brady, ..............NE ........104.4

3. Eli Manning, ...........NYG ........102.1

4. Drew Brees, ...........NO ........100.6

5. Matthew Stafford, ..DET ...........99.1

As Storm pointed out, we did run it on the first play but drew the flag, giving us 1st & 15. If ALL we wanted to do was run clock, then yes, I'd agree we should plow into the line three more times and punt on 4th & 12....but they still would have had PLENTY of time to mount a drive, especially a FG drive.

So putting the ball - and the game - in Eli's hands wasn't a bad idea, either. He was the best player on the field yesterday and he had a chance to win the game with a first down or two right there. Can't kill them for that.

Bigger question to me is, WHY CAN"T WE RUN THE BALL????? RBs? OL? Spacing? Timing? Design? Predictability (formations tipping plays?)? Something looks fatally flawed in WAY too many of our running plays. Nothing ever pops open. The holes are fleeting and close quickly. All to often, we're running into a sea of humanity.

Consider this:not counting Eli's kneel downs at the end, we had 20 running plays. Long runs were 18 & 11. One went for 8, one went for 6, three runs for 5 yards and one for 3. THE REMAINING 12 RUNS WENT FOR TWO YARDS OR LESS!!!!!!

12 out of 20 runs for two yards or less. THAT'S a problem.

As Storm pointed out, we did run it on the first play but drew the flag, giving us 1st & 15. If ALL we wanted to do was run clock, then yes, I'd agree we should plow into the line three more times and punt on 4th & 12....but they still would have had PLENTY of time to mount a drive, especially a FG drive.

So putting the ball - and the game - in Eli's hands wasn't a bad idea, either. He was the best player on the field yesterday and he had a chance to win the game with a first down or two right there. Can't kill them for that.

Bigger question to me is, WHY CAN"T WE RUN THE BALL????? RBs? OL? Spacing? Timing? Design? Predictability (formations tipping plays?)? Something looks fatally flawed in WAY too many of our running plays. Nothing ever pops open. The holes are fleeting and close quickly. All to often, we're running into a sea of humanity.

Consider this:not counting Eli's kneel downs at the end, we had 20 running plays. Long runs were 18 & 11. One went for 8, one went for 6, three runs for 5 yards and one for 3. THE REMAINING 12 RUNS WENT FOR TWO YARDS OR LESS!!!!!!

12 out of 20 runs for two yards or less. THAT'S a problem.

Yep our running game needs to get in gear. We have the same RBs... but we shuffled the OL.. easy for me to pin it on that but I'm not one who studies the tape. I hope the Giants get it together.... like NOW.

Two points... I just ran through much of the game real quick on replay. On that drive you guys are discussing, that completed screen pass to Bradshaw on 3rd and long did force Miami to use up their last timeout. The previous play just looked like a poor throw from Eli, it looks like he had Cruz open in that seam route. But forcing Miami use their last timeout was big.

Secondly, with respect to running the ball, I saw Chris Snee get blown back badly on one play, and Pascoe missing a block on another. I didn't pay greater attention to the other attempts, and I thought late in the game they were doing a little better in their blocking assignments, but they have some work to do with getting a hat on a hat and holding the block for at least a second or two.

Ok lets break it down a bit more. Regardless of how many yards necessary for the first down, run the fucking ball. Start the clock and make Miami burn the last timeout. If you run the ball three times and Miami only stops the clock once, that still takes the game clock down to the 2 minute warning which we didn't do by throwing the ball 3 times and giving the ball back to Miami exactly 22 seconds later. 1:30 vs 22 seconds. That is the difference between throwing three times in a row going for a first down and not making it versus running the ball three times and not making it, minimum. We could have punted right after the 2 minute warning and put the defense in a better position.

When there is 4 minutes on the clock and they have one timeout left, that is the time to run the ball.

There was 4 minutes left in the game, the play clock is 40 seconds. There's no way we get it to the two minute warning. And they did burn their timeout.

You don't run the ball in that situation when you've proven all game that you can't.

Where do you guys have the time to find these gay pictures?:rolleyes:Anyways, DJ nowhere should play over brandon " i dont wanna play in ny cuz im not getting the ball and when i do i dont do jack fucking shit" jacobs. idk if anyone here was at the game, but i was and bj ball sucker got booed everytime he got the ball after his first or second carry cuz he sucks balls.

LMAO!!! I was thinking the same thing!

You're right, it is a 40 second play clock. I'm still stuck in the 45 second play clock. Fact remains they could have burned off a lot more time off the clock by just running the ball. You are not running the ball to gain a first down, you are running the ball to burn time off the clock. The illegal formation penalty was a replay of the first down, if they ran it that would have burned the first time out. Still leave 3 downs to burn off 2 minutes off the clock. Yeah I know its tight but it was still remotely possible to get to the 2 minute warning.

Regardless of the streak Manning was on getting time off the clock was critical. For a team that just fails to convert it should be a priority.

There was 4 minutes left in the game, the play clock is 40 seconds. There's no way we get it to the two minute warning. And they did burn their timeout.

You don't run the ball in that situation when you've proven all game that you can't.

I think they knew they weren't going to be picking up 15 yards on the ground for a first down and wanted to end the game with the ball in their hands. A first down through the air gave the best opportunity to do that.

I really don't think getting a minute and 20 seconds off the clock, with the two minute warning coming still coming and them only needing a field goal up, is your best option, at that point. Especially when you prove you can't run the ball....because regardless, they were going to have plenty of time to drive down the field for a field goal without us picking up a first down on offense.

100% correct, Storm. You can't just concede the punt there with only a FG lead and giving the opponent 2:00+ with which to tie or win the game. You have to keep playing, keep running the offense to try and score points and move the ball.

Exactly