SportsWrath

Fire Fewell

Balloonknot

If he'd only scrap that gay ass Tampa 2 shit. NFL quarterbacks will take the 5 yard gains every time and sometimes more when their WRs break tackles (and since our secondary CAN'T tackle). We can't continue to give up 70 yard drives and hope that we hold them to 3. It's ridiculous that we even try.

Wow, they start blitzing in the 4th quarter and putting JPP in at Osi's spot on first down and who coulda imagined they started stopping the Dolphins? Oh yeah, everyone but Perry Fewell. The reason the Dolphins were so successful in the first half on 3rd downs had EVERYTHING to do with defensive play-calling, non-aggressive bs dropping 8 into coverage. VERY annoying.

I caught the better half part of the game, 4th quarter looked great. Even had a typical head scratcher series thanks to the unique playcalling by Gilbride.

We have the ball, in the lead, clearly we are going to try and take time off the clock with less than 4 minutes left so...

Gilbride calls up three passing plays after a five yard penalty for illegal formation on first down.

:facepalm:

I'll wait till the end of the season to pass judgement on Fewell

I caught the better half part of the game, 4th quarter looked great. Even had a typical head scratcher series thanks to the unique playcalling by Gilbride.

We have the ball, in the lead, clearly we are going to try and take time off the clock with less than 4 minutes left so...

Gilbride calls up three passing plays after a five yard penalty for illegal formation on first down.

:facepalm:

I'll wait till the end of the season to pass judgement on Fewell

I would have passed all three downs, too. Especially when you start out first and 15.

Our running game is disgustingly bad. We get a first down there, and the game is essentially over. And we completed a pass and got them to burn their last timeout. It'd have been different if they had all 3 timeouts and we were throwing the ball. But I can't complain about that decision. Eli Manning was tearing it up.

We miss Goff. Our run D is pathetic, and most of it is going between the tackles.

The one positive is, we finally got to see Linval Joseph make a play for quite possibly the first time this season.....

5 straight weeks with an opposing teams back going over the century mark. Can't continue to allow that and win games. Especially when we can't run with any effectiveness or consistency at all. Eli is basically carrying this team right now and he's in the midst of having the best year of his career.

Someone answer me this: is it fewell whose at fault for bad tackling or bad angles or getn blown off the ball? cuz reggie busch who sucks at life ran for 100+ yards today

Bad tackling, angles? No. But most people here recognize Osi is a liability against the run, but an elite pass rusher. When every team you play runs left over and over, that means they know it, too. Where do you think Bush's yards came from? Running left. He know has a player in JPP that is a dominant force against run and pass, similar to Tuck... yet who is out there on 1st and 2nd downs at RDE? It's Osi. THAT is Fewell's fault. Squarely on his shoulders. If I was DC I would tell him he comes in on passing downs only. Don't like that? Sorry. He's a pass rusher, and he is being dominated at the point of attack on run plays this year. You almost never see a team run to their right... because they know that it is much better to run at Osi than it is to run at even Dave Tollefson. Osi is the weakest run defender at DE on the roster.

You know what else is Fewell's fault? We watch the games... we see what happens when you rush only 3 or 4 guys on 3rd down against even a player like Rex Grossman or Charlie Whitehurst... a lot of completions, a lot of first downs. They can get pressure, but Fewell's game plan is to put 7 or 8 guys in coverage on every 3rd and long... and as a result, you see a high 3rd down conversion % by the opposition. When we've blitzed, it's been tremendously effective. It's why we stopped them in the 4th quarter... he stopped being so passive and started sending 5 or 6, match up one on one, and see if that QB is going to be able to deliver a good ball to the receiver. Most of the time, it doesn't happen.