SportsWrath

Excellent Article About Lavar Becoming A Giant...

Plax 4 Prez

Adding Arrington could be a Giant move

By Vic Carucci of NFL.com

(April 22, 2006) -- The Giants' signing of LaVar Arrington could very well prove to be the single best acquisition in this year's free-agent market.

Arrington still ranks as one of the most talented linebackers -- and one of the best players at any position -- in the NFL. I have the utmost respect for the job Gregg Williams has done in building a highly successful defense in Washington, and that clearly didn't require much help from Arrington. But just because Arrington might not have been a good fit for Williams' highly structured scheme does not mean he is incapable of thriving elsewhere. Frankly, after so much acrimony in his relationship with the Redskins, a change of scenery might just be what Arrington needs to help him regain the difference-making form he displayed earlier in his career.

img9391058.jpg

Ex-Skins LaVar Arrington is ready to flex his muscles against his former team in NFC East battles.

Arrington means much more to the Giants than a plug for the huge hole they had had at weak-side linebacker. In joining ends Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora, and middle linebacker Antonio Pierce, he completes what could very well be the most dominant defensive front in the league. When healthy and focused, Arrington is capable of taking over a game. As a pass-rusher, he relies on an explosive first step that allows him to consistently beat opponents off the snap. Against the run, he has the speed and athleticism to make plays from sideline to sideline and catch runners from behind.

Of course, the Giants were wise to sign him to a contract that is heavy with incentives, and, therefore, protects them in case Arrington's knee acts up or he again becomes unhappy with his surroundings. Given the structure of the deal, my sense is that Arrington understands he has an excellent opportunity to revitalize his career and whether that happens is going to be mostly up to him.

If it does, this pickup could easily help swing the balance of power in the NFC East in the direction of the Giants and enhance their chances of being a serious postseason contender in 2006.

(April 22, 2006) -- The Giants' signing of LaVar Arrington could very well prove to be the single best acquisition in this year's free-agent market.

Arrington still ranks as one of the most talented linebackers -- and one of the best players at any position -- in the NFL. I have the utmost respect for the job Gregg Williams has done in building a highly successful defense in Washington, and that clearly didn't require much help from Arrington. But just because Arrington might not have been a good fit for Williams' highly structured scheme does not mean he is incapable of thriving elsewhere. Frankly, after so much acrimony in his relationship with the Redskins, a change of scenery might just be what Arrington needs to help him regain the difference-making form he displayed earlier in his career.

img9391058.jpg

Ex-Skins LaVar Arrington is ready to flex his muscles against his former team in NFC East battles.

Arrington means much more to the Giants than a plug for the huge hole they had had at weak-side linebacker. In joining ends Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora, and middle linebacker Antonio Pierce, he completes what could very well be the most dominant defensive front in the league. When healthy and focused, Arrington is capable of taking over a game. As a pass-rusher, he relies on an explosive first step that allows him to consistently beat opponents off the snap. Against the run, he has the speed and athleticism to make plays from sideline to sideline and catch runners from behind.

Of course, the Giants were wise to sign him to a contract that is heavy with incentives, and, therefore, protects them in case Arrington's knee acts up or he again becomes unhappy with his surroundings. Given the structure of the deal, my sense is that Arrington understands he has an excellent opportunity to revitalize his career and whether that happens is going to be mostly up to him.

If it does, this pickup could easily help swing the balance of power in the NFC East in the direction of the Giants and enhance their chances of being a serious postseason contender in 2006.

:rock:

img9391058.jpg

:rock:

img9391058.jpg

great article but how does this swing the balance of power in the NFC to the Giants? Aren't we the reigning NFC East Champions? :huh:

great article but how does this swing the balance of power in the NFC to the Giants? Aren't we the reigning NFC East Champions? :huh:

I think what they meant was the power of the NFC switching to the NFC East. Not so much just the division itself. We will win the division again, that was going to happen before this signing.

No, they're very clearly referring to the NFC East here. I agree with ranieli ... we're the defending division champs, aren't teams supposed to be trying to knock us off the perch? Lack of respect I tell you.

Guest Carbo
No, they're very clearly referring to the NFC East here. I agree with ranieli ... we're the defending division champs, aren't teams supposed to be trying to knock us off the perch? Lack of respect I tell you.
Have you forgotten the playoff game versus the Panthers? That's all you need to know about this team's lack of respect. They were exposed as pretenders, not contenders.

Have you forgotten the playoff game versus the Panthers? That's all you need to know about this team's lack of respect. They were exposed as pretenders, not contenders.

Just as your posts expose you as someone with shit for brains, Bitter Boy. Stop living in the past, junior.

I must've missed the league press release that announced the Panthers were now in the NFC East.

Guest Carbo
I must've missed the league press release that announced the Panthers were now in the NFC East.

:LMAO:
One is an idiot, and the other a laughing buffoon.

I don't agree with much that you say but that statement is true.