SportsWrath

Dear Victor

RandolphScott

Great YAC on that play but its the C this guy should practice. He clearly runs without the ball, even on that play. That's what is keeping him from greatness. However today, he was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drkXXuxKRv4

:clap:

Dear Cruz,

Please catch with your hands so there are no more 15 yard pop up balls for DBs to catch on deflections.

:clap:

Dear Cruz,

Please catch with your hands so there are no more 15 yard pop up balls for DBs to catch on deflections.

Ha ha.....LMAO.

Nothing scares me more than a volleyballed pop up because receivers want to trap the ball instead of catching it with their hands.

Eli took a hell of a lot of criticism for interceptions last year and more than half of them were balls batted into the air by receivers refusing to use soft hands to catch the ball. Always bothered me that Eli gets the bad statistic when the interception is clearly the fault of the receiver.

Regardless....props to Cruz for a fantastic game. Would like to see more of that.

Ha ha.....LMAO.

Nothing scares me more than a volleyballed pop up because receivers want to trap the ball instead of catching it with their hands.

Eli took a hell of a lot of criticism for interceptions last year and more than half of them were balls batted into the air by receivers refusing to use soft hands to catch the ball. Always bothered me that Eli gets the bad statistic when the interception is clearly the fault of the receiver.

Regardless....props to Cruz for a fantastic game. Would like to see more of that.

It wasn't more than half, it was about a quarter (7or 8 of 25) that were on the receivers, according to people who spent more time going over the replays than I did.

It wasn't more than half, it was about a quarter (7or 8 of 25) that were on the receivers, according to people who spent more time going over the replays than I did.

I think KC Joyner had Eli had only 12 picks that were on the QB.

Jon Gruden was the guy that put 7 or 8 on the receivers, I think that was from his commentary during the Monday night pre-season game. But he wasn't the guy watching every snap, that was Joyner.

Who I normally think is a hack. But I like this study of his, so I'll just run with his numbers this time.

about the same amount that boss saved from being turnovers. please, it is what it is. you can't start subtracting tips. (not saying you're doing that, sir)

about the same amount that boss saved from being turnovers. please, it is what it is. you can't start subtracting tips. (not saying you're doing that, sir)

That's what I'm talking about :thumbs:

Or the ones that you could have said, well, if they had been right on target, they might have been caught. Instead of slightly behind or high, like Eli is sometimes....

That's what I'm talking about :thumbs:

Or the ones that you could have said, well, if they had been right on target, they might have been caught. Instead of slightly behind or high, like Eli is sometimes....

Good point. And I think the KC Joyner interception luck studies might not factor that part in.

Now that I've read a little more about this, I don't think KC Joyner specifically says that 13 INTs were the fault of the WRs; rather his point is that if Eli were about league average in the Interception Luck metric he would have 13 fewer INTs.

Good point. And I think the KC Joyner interception luck studies might not factor that part in.

Now that I've read a little more about this, I don't think KC Joyner specifically says that 13 INTs were the fault of the WRs; rather his point is that if Eli were about league average in the Interception Luck metric he would have 13 fewer INTs.

To argue about ad nausium is silly. We don't know how many times the receivers ran the wrong routes and things of that nature.

To argue about ad nausium is silly. We don't know how many times the receivers ran the wrong routes and things of that nature.

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

I think that if you're trying to seriously forecast an NFL season, disregarding things of this nature would be silly.

Footballs take funky ass bounces, it can be a coin flip out there. Sometimes your team comes up heads, sometimes your team comes up heads over and over again over an entire season, enough times to give the illusion of being a better team than they actually are. The '97 Giants come to mind.

For example, look at the example KC Joyner made using the 2010 Eagles and Giants - two 10-6 teams, one that can be statistically 'proven' to have had good luck, the other that can be statistically 'proven' to have had bad luck - all things being equal, which team would you predict to be better in 2011?

Like I said, I think KC Joyner is a hack (which is why I put 'proven' in quotes)... but there are other people that have done much better research into the role of 'luck' in football. For example, Footballoutsiders.com did some work on 'fumble luck' that seems to be very predictive.