SportsWrath

Um, joemorrisforprez...

ksm7

These "expert" opinions are based on past performances against 8 opponents who may have 8 of the first 10 picks in next year's draft when all is said and done. That's the problem with throwing around the word "elite" in week 8, especially with a team and QB that has by enlarge failed to live up to the hype on the back end of the season.

What I said is.. and pretty much what everyone here said was Eli's performance so far this season has been Elite. Nothing more.. nothing less. You and the Dog seem to disagree... no surprise there... that's all there's to it.

Know what? I try to be civil to everyone here, even those I disagree with.....in fact, I think opposing views help maintain a modicum of objectivity, or as much objectivity as you're going to find on any team's message board. Egg, I don't mind. Oh, he's annoying at times but Cowboy fans are born that way, so I overlook it. :rolleyes: But he actually can surprise you and be objective about his team once in a while and you can have a football conversation with him if he's on his meds.

Dog is another story. I've tried to not take him seriously and looked for redeeming factors, as is my tendency...and sometimes I agree with a kernel or two of what he says. But it's far too little to make it worth reading any of his posts all the way through. They're all pretty much the same blend of assholism and warped views, so a quick skim is all you really need on a Dog post.

He is a tiresome bore. He is the first person in all the years I've been coming here and to other boards, that I must say is a complete douche bag and an asshole. He is the kid that got beat up every day at school and even the teachers looked the other way. While we can't beat him up - and that's a shame - we should look the other way, too.

Know what? I try to be civil to everyone here, even those I disagree with.....in fact, I think opposing views help maintain a modicum of objectivity, or as much objectivity as you're going to find on any team's message board. Egg, I don't mind. Oh, he's annoying at times but Cowboy fans are born that way, so I overlook it. :rolleyes: But he actually can surprise you and be objective about his team once in a while and you can have a football conversation with him if he's on his meds.

I think I can take credit for improving Egg's performance on this board. In a lot of ways I'm like Eli Manning.. I make everyone around me .. better :D

Dog is another story. I've tried to not take him seriously and looked for redeeming factors, as is my tendency...and sometimes I agree with a kernel or two of what he says. But it's far too little to make it worth reading any of his posts all the way through. They're all pretty much the same blend of assholism and warped views, so a quick skim is all you really need on a Dog post.

He is a tiresome bore. He is the first person in all the years I've been coming here and to other boards, that I must say is a complete douche bag and an asshole. He is the kid that got beat up every day at school and even the teachers looked the other way. While we can't beat him up - and that's a shame - we should look the other way, too.

the italian hotdog finds you interesting...look the other way by all means. the dog isn't here to feed you what you want to hear...if that is hard for you, then again, please look the other way as you put it...

the italian hotdog finds you interesting...look the other way by all means. the dog isn't here to feed you what you want to hear...if that is hard for you, then again, please look the other way as you put it...

Dog, the term "little eli" (even the "E" in eli isn't capitalized) is uttered quite liberally by you. An obvious indication of hatred for our QB. You can't possibly claim to be objective in your criticism for Eli. Say what you will about him but he's weathered far more criticism (even from within.. Tiki anyone?).. and he's reacted quite nicely to the spotlight in NY... he's playing in a tough city... and he's approached his job with humility and let his play do the talking.. and no personality issues like the Rivers and Ben. You may not like Eli.. but personally I love him.. he's a great QB and has given me and us fans some great great memories. I'm sorry but you will be hard pressed to find anyone in the league in the mold of Eli... his sense of humility alone makes him Elite.

Considering the fact that the dog and egg are both so convinced, sure and confident that Eli is nothing more than an average QB, Im unable to fathom why they'd spend so much time, energy and effort repeatedly saying the same thing. If I was discussing about someone like say Josh Freeman, Id just say once he was average and just let it go. Not keep repeatedly yapping about the same thing over and over again. Truth of the matter is, they know Eli is far better than the credit they give him for, they know Romo sucks balls and is anti-clutch and being unable to accept or fathom that fact, find it necessary to be redundant about the same thing.

And if the argument goes saying Giants fans talk about Eli too - well yes, we do, we think he is Elite and he is a great QB and he the Giants QB. I wouldnt yap so much about someone else's QB if I was convinced he was average and inconsistent.

Guys, accept it, you cant stand it that he has been so successful and hence you are unable to let it go.

Dog, the term "little eli" (even the "E" in eli isn't capitalized) is uttered quite liberally by you. An obvious indication of hatred for our QB. You can't possibly claim to be objective in your criticism for Eli. Say what you will about him but he's weathered far more criticism (even from within.. Tiki anyone?).. and he's reacted quite nicely to the spotlight in NY... he's playing in a tough city... and he's approached his job with humility and let his play do the talking.. and no personality issues like the Rivers and Ben. You may not like Eli.. but personally I love him.. he's a great QB and has given me and us fans some great great memories. I'm sorry but you will be hard pressed to find anyone in the league in the mold of Eli... his sense of humility alone makes him Elite.

first nas, the dog thinks you need to take a step back...people seem to take comments about pro football players as an attack on them. look back at posts, the dog is inconsistent in capitalization, punctuation...spelling. reading into things a bit, no?

heres the thing though...the dog is being objective. the die hards want to believe he is an elite QB. that is fan talk. if you step back and look at his career, and look at it objectively, you will see this is not the case. here's the thing - the dog doesn't dislike manning. no hatred at all. but the dog will be objective in judgement of him. and has been. and if you look at the arguments, and get past any negative feelings about the dog, people will be able to see that.

and one more thing - little eli will always be under a microscope. unfortunately for him, this was created by some things that were under his control, and some that were not. first pick in the draft comes with high expectations. then comes his orchestration of a trade (quite frankly, this is the one aspect of him the dog doesn't respect, but that gets little attention), and debate the value of the trade all you want, when a team gives up what the giants did, the message sent is that this player is the foundation for our dynasty (something he is not)...aside from being a manning, and so name alone draws extra attention...etc...so the dog will be critical. and quite frankly, objective. and it all adds up to a solid QB, at this stage of his career.

That was beautifully written and so true. Kudos, Gman329.

:clap:

Agree w/ Jim........nicely done.

What I said is.. and pretty much what everyone here said was Eli's performance so far this season has been Elite. Nothing more.. nothing less. You and the Dog seem to disagree... no surprise there... that's all there's to it.

:o

Seeing as theyre the same person, its a HUGE surprise.

That was beautifully written and so true. Kudos, Gman329.

nice to see the word '' assholism '' being used to describe the work of The Dog ........great stuff Gman329 and so apt.

( although i do find the Dog quite amusing on occasions ....in an ironic Lochhartish sort of way )

nice to see the word '' assholism '' being used to describe the work of The Dog ........great stuff Gman329 and so apt.

( although i do find the Dog quite amusing on occasions ....in an ironic Lochhartish sort of way )

Slight misspelling not withstanding I think the use of the word "Lockhartish" far outweighs the use of the word "assholism"... well played, Sir... well played :TU:

I think looking at Eli's career I'd say he's been better than average. This year however he's playing at an Elite level. Let's give credit where credit is due... that's all I'm saying.

Nas, the dog will give credit for this season when the story of this season is written. Here's why...two years ago a young rising coach took a team with no expectations and a average at best QB and together they streaked to a 6-0 record, culminating in a huge win against a better patriots team. The QB was putting up pro bowl numbers, and the coach was being hailed as the next belichek...

The team: broncos

Coach: mcdaniels

QB: or ton

How did that story end?

Little Eli will get credit for the season when the season ends...

Nas, the dog will give credit for this season when the story of this season is written. Here's why...two years ago a young rising coach took a team with no expectations and a average at best QB and together they streaked to a 6-0 record, culminating in a huge win against a better patriots team. The QB was putting up pro bowl numbers, and the coach was being hailed as the next belichek...

How did that story end?

:blink:

How in the world does 8 yr veteran and SB MVP Eli Manning and Coach Coughlin, compare to McDaniels and Orton??? This isnt Elis 1st yr with TC.......... :unsure:

:blink:

How in the world does 8 yr veteran and SB MVP Eli Manning and Coach Coughlin, compare to McDaniels and Orton??? This isnt Elis 1st yr with TC.......... :unsure:

the dog will leave it to you to try and figure that out, or ask "allstar" jim to summerize it in an epic...so basic...

How did that story end?

Wow. This post is "not allowed to use forks" retarded. It's not even worth arguing.

How did that story end?

as i recall egg dog was front and center in hailing mcdaniel's/orton's 6-0 start (at the same time down playing the giants equal record) kind of arguing against itself.

gman is of course correct. people who root for giants in baseball and football are naturally intuitive.

as i recall egg dog was front and center in hailing mcdaniel's/orton's 6-0 start (at the same time down playing the giants equal record) kind of arguing against itself. gman is of course correct. people who root for giants in baseball and football are naturally intuitive.

yes, the dog was only half right then. so, as was the point, the dog won't jump to calling little eli elite b/c he has played well for 8 games. not comparing it against 7 years of inconsistency. we shall see...

yes, the dog was only half right then. so, as was the point, the dog won't jump to calling little eli elite b/c he has played well for 8 games. not comparing it against 7 years of inconsistency. we shall see...

7 Years of better than average QBing.. consistent or not.. And he has a ring.. and he was the MVP of the SB. Looking at his entire career to this point.. I say he's been a solid QB... with an Elite status so far this year.

7 Years of better than average QBing.. consistent or not.. And he has a ring.. and he was the MVP of the SB. Looking at his entire career to this point.. I say he's been a solid QB... with an Elite status so far this year.

Now the dog would say that is more of a fair statement...