SportsWrath

It's Official - Plax will be wearing green this year!

BleedinBlue

Nicks and Manningham are not going to command the double team as having Plax on the field would. Is Plax going to be the same as he was in '07? I doubt it. But if you had to cover Plax and Smith/Nicks/Manningham, what would you do? Who would you leave single covered? All I'm saying is, it would confuse D's at least for a while, maybe long enough for us to lock up at least a wild card. If not Plax, Brandon Marshall maybe? :rolleyes:

It'd be nice to get Braylon Edwards for the role you're talking about. He's less washed up than Burress.

He fits what the Jets want to do. They line up in power I and run it. Sanchez only gets 15 attempts a game. He is not going to be the center of attention and will have time to work into the offense. Sanchez likes to throw the fade near the goal line, Burress is a perfect fit for that, no matter how rusty he might be.

super bowl heroes aren't welcome, but anyone who ever stepped foot on a boston college campus gets the red carpet treatment as soon as free agency starts--even if they had cancer

I wouldn't go that far bro. That LB picked us... and he may turn out to be a very pleasant surprise. I'm one of those who wanted Plax... bad. At the end of the day it didn't work out.. come to think of it.. Plax didn't care about us fans and signed with the Jets... I'm a Giants fan.. and the jets always felt like the noisy neighbor vying for attention. So I guess Plax is happy where he is and we're happy where we are.. may the best team win.

Let's move on. I listened to Plax talking to Eisen a couple of days back and he still had that tone in his voice as he still doesn't get it. Judgemental on my part?, perhaps. But after all the shit he put us through back then, he should have had some part of him that says " i owe the giants". Tisch is supposed to be good friends with him, and the Coughlin meeting didn't go so bad. What does he do?. He goes across the hall and signs with the Jets. Enough with him, thanks for catching the pass, I think you were a good player, but Revis can chew him up and spit him out in practice now.

My take - It wasn't about us making a good enough offer... Plax didn't want to come back and play for Coughlin. There was too much bad history here for him to come back. He needed a fresh start. I wanted him back but I just never really thought that it was going to happen unless the Giants offer beat all other offers, and by a lot. Oh well, we'll be fine, he is getting old, after all. I'm excited about what Nicks and Manningham are going to do this year.