SportsWrath

Trade Up?

If we do end up with Arrington, should we trade up for Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson? Possibly a DT?

:TD:

Why do people think we need to draft a WR in the first round...We have 6 WR on the roster, we don't need to waste our first round draft pick on another one. :rolleyes:

Haloti Ngata and Marcus McNeill are the only 2 players worth drafting in this years draft. IMO...I could less about anyone else.

Guest Carbo
Why do people think we need to draft a WR in the first round...We have 6 WR on the roster, we don't need to waste our first round draft pick on another one. :rolleyes:
Because, with the exception of Toomer, not a one of 'em can catch.

Ravens | Team would like to acquire more picks

Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:48:07 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Balitmore Ravens are clearly prepared to move down from the 13th spot in the first round of the NFL Draft to acquire more picks. Director of college scouting Eric DeCosta did little to hide his displeasure over the Ravens having two picks on the first day of a deep draft. "I wish I had six," he said. If the Ravens drop from the 13th pick to somewhere in the low 20s, they probably would receive an additional third-round pick. General manager Ozzie Newsome even said the Ravens could be enticed to give up the No. 13 pick before they are on the clock. According to a league source, the Ravens' two most coveted players are Texas DB Michael Huff and Texas QB Vince Young, but neither is expected to slip past the top 10. Unlike any other draft, this one will be unusual for the Ravens because they must pick immediately after the Cleveland Browns and their general manager Phil Savage, who ran the Ravens' college scouting department for nine years. "I would love nothing better than to jump up over (Savage) and pick his pocket," DeCosta said

Could Ngata or Bunkley be there at 13?

I'd pull the trigger on it. Since all they want is a our 1st and 3rd round picks. Then draft a linebacker in the second.

After that simply BPA... ;)

I'd pull the trigger on it. Since all they want is a our 1st and 3rd round picks. Then draft a linebacker in the second.

I can't say that I'd be completely against this as long as we didn't pull the trigger until draft day. I'd hate to go through with the trade now and then not have the guy we're targeting there to pick.

We could easily write it up so that we have first dibs on a trade of picks (so as to avoid any other team trading with Baltimore before us) and that the trade only goes through if player A or player B are still available.

A 3rd rounder to jump up 12 spots, that doesn't seem right, but then again, that's what the article said.

One of them could be and I'd love to trade up for that. Just make sure we keep next year's first rounder and I'd be willing to give other things up.