SportsWrath

It was just a fluke.

boohyah

my point.

lone wolf then:

The Miracle.

Really what happen nothing short of a miracle. Eli slipping away from 3 defenders in what looked like a sure sack (my heart dropped). Then actually finding Tyree. Tyree jumping and having Harisson trying strip it so that it ends up on his helmet. Then falling on Harrison's legs so that he is just enough off the ground so it doesn't touch making no controversy at all (not even a challenge). It's fucking unbelievable really.

and lone wolf now:

Exactly but really it's a matter of semantics. People miss-use words all the time and it's definitely not a miracle or a fluke either. Immaculate reception could be defined as a miracle because Harris was not the intended receiver and was just lucky (whether it hit the ground or not) to be where a very unpredictable ball bounced. Manning was obviously trying to avoid a sack and intentionally threw the ball to Tyree. Just because Harrison was tackling him while he made the catch and he held it against his helmet hardly makes it a miracle. Great desperation completed play and amazing acrobatic catch sure but hardly godsend.

Even IF you think that one play is a flue.. and discount how our DL was cuddling with Brady all game long... you have to give us the fact that we went to Dallas... smashed their hopes and dreams.. and got a protrait of Jerry's face that's just priceless.. and even then we had to go to GB and win an epic game. Agreed?

Even IF you think that one play is a flue.. and discount how our DL was cuddling with Brady all game long... you have to give us the fact that we went to Dallas... smashed their hopes and dreams.. and got a protrait of Jerry's face that's just priceless.. and even then we had to go to GB and win an epic game. Agreed?

first, i never discounted your defense. they won the game imo, and the more i dig around here, i've found that's a popular opinion.

the dallas game, a heartbreaker for sure, but not the topic of discussion, unless youre saying it was a fluke as well.

Call it flukey but he made a great play when it counted...but I think the point is that you can't look at the Tyree play in a vacuum. If the Giants hadn't been playing out of their heads, especially defensively, for 2 games and 59 minutes up to that point, we're not having this discussion. In every major sport (I'm talking hoops, hockey, baseball, as well as football), championships are won by the team that is playing best come playoff time. You saw it with the baseball Giants last year - they were far from the best team before Labor day - and you saw it with the football Giants the year we're talking about here. That, and not the one play is the real story.

first, i never discounted your defense. they won the game imo, and the more i dig around here, i've found that's a popular opinion.

the dallas game, a heartbreaker for sure, but not the topic of discussion, unless youre saying it was a fluke as well.

Let's just say deserved that super bowl as much as any team that has won it.

I have had time to think about it and I am redacting my previous statement. Now where is my big black sharpie. :P

lol. that's all i'm saying. you guys felt a lot differently at the moment than you do years later.

what you were feeling then was honest, what youre feelin now is defensive and speculative

lol. that's all i'm saying. you guys felt a lot differently at the moment than you do years later.

what you were feeling then was honest, what youre feelin now is defensive and speculative

Thank yeeeewwwwwwwwww Dr. Phil.