SportsWrath

Cowboys in 2012

Cowboyz

1 Fluke Super Bowl victory > an antire generation of cowboys fans who only have their fathers stories about America's Team.

Fluke Play, Fluke win, fluke season, call it the fluke super bowl for all I care. Rename Eli and Tyree , Fluke Manning and David Fluke and it's still better than the alternative.

haha it wasn't that long ago my friend.

exactly right. i made this point very early on in this thread, and it got lost in all the spec.

I'd take a fluke win over nothing. who wouldn't.

haha it wasn't that long ago my friend.

exactly right. i made this point very early on in this thread, and it got lost in all the spec.

I'd take a fluke win over nothing. who wouldn't.

Bro.. it has been that long.. are you kidding me.... shit last time the cowboys won.. I wasn't even in college yet... shit I was still rocking size 34 jeans on my 90 lb frame :)

all of which is a matter of opinion. exactly what we've been going back and forth with for 10 pages now. Anyone of those can be a fluke. Calling one such, doesn't exclude the rest from it as well.

what would you expect the commentator to say? is he supposed to be biased cause he's a HoF cowboy?

it was a great catch, and just like the others you mentioned, it can be a great catch and a fluke.

I'd expect the commentator to be truthful, and accurate. For the record, I like Aikman as a color guy, I think he does a great job. And he called it correctly - it was a great catch. At no point in the telecast did "fluke" enter his vocabulary.

help me out here. how does Lloyd having 2 fluke catches in a game, prove tyree's catch was no fluke?

it does not.

That's just it--I don't consider it an act of divine intervention, dumb luck, or whatever you want to call it. For that moment, Brandon Lloyd was the best player on the field: if for no other reason, his effort was exceptional. Long term would I trade Hakeem Nicks for Brandon Lloyd? Hell no. But I give credit where credit is due: on that day, in that circumstance, I would rather have played against Randy Moss than Brandon Lloyd.

That's what I feel when I think of SB42. On that day, I would take Eli and Tyree over any other players you care to mention. THAT'S what gets lost when the play is dismissed as a fluke. And as far as I'm concerned, you lose some appreciation of the game if you allow yourself to think like that.

1. when the dog had to point out to you that keith elias was a rb and not a te...

2. when the dog had to point out to you that the steelers were the first wild card team to win the SB having won every game on the road, not the giants

3. when the dog had to explain to you that head to head goes ahead of conference and division record in the playoff tiebreaker scenario

etc...etc...

all football related discussions the dog chose to engage you with...and yes, these discussions started to diminish in frequency when it was clear you had no clue...oh, and after you left the boards three times (coincidentally when things were looking bad for the giants, only to return when times were better)...the dog apologizes for the brief history recap - just trying to catch the newcomer up to speed...

1. Keith Elias played how long in the NFL?? Yeah, I mistook his position, BFD.

2. And you forget, I never denied the Steelers did that. You always conveniently turn convos your way. :rolleyes:

3. You didnt explain anything. I was unsure how that played out, the order it goes in.

Do you really have to dig that deep? lol.......If I dont know how much a TD is worth, then come at me. Until then, STFU.

Bro.. it has been that long.. are you kidding me.... shit last time the cowboys won.. I wasn't even in college yet... shit I was still rocking size 34 jeans on my 90 lb frame :)

U Oh....watch out bro, hes gonna accuse you of not knowing football. :rolleyes:

U Oh....watch out bro, hes gonna accuse you of not knowing football. :rolleyes:

haha na I doubt it. Football knowledge I leave that to the likes of Jim, Maurice, and Fishgut among others.. football scars however, I don't know many people who have played as much as I did... concussions, pulled hamstrings, busted lips etc... :flex:

1. Keith Elias played how long in the NFL?? Yeah, I mistook his position, BFD.

2. And you forget, I never denied the Steelers did that. You always conveniently turn convos your way. :rolleyes:

3. You didnt explain anything. I was unsure how that played out, the order it goes in.

Do you really have to dig that deep? lol.......If I dont know how much a TD is worth, then come at me. Until then, STFU.

elias played 3 years with the giants...then went somewhere else...for a self-proclaimed super fan, the dog just figured you would know what position he played. you did deny the steelers by adamentally stating that no team had ever done what the giants did. when the dog pointed out the steelers had done so two seasons earlier, you backpeddled hideously. and yes, the dog did need to explain the playoffs to you...this is just a sampling. always fun to relive history now and then, and fitting since we are all reliving the 2007 season currently...

elias played 3 years with the giants...then went somewhere else...for a self-proclaimed super fan, the dog just figured you would know what position he played. you did deny the steelers by adamentally stating that no team had ever done what the giants did. when the dog pointed out the steelers had done so two seasons earlier, you backpeddled hideously. and yes, the dog did need to explain the playoffs to you...this is just a sampling. always fun to relive history now and then, and fitting since we are all reliving the 2007 season currently...

And once again, thanks for following me around. :TU:

haha na I doubt it. Football knowledge I leave that to the likes of Jim, Maurice, and Fishgut and especially Booh among others.. football scars however, I don't know many people who have played as much as I did... concussions, pulled hamstrings, busted lips etc... :flex:

Fixed, don't make me fix your shit for you again Yemenese bastard. :furious:

Dave Brown was listed as our QB for years, but I'm convinced he played tight end for us also, so big deal.

That said Derek Brown was the finest TE ever to play running back for us.

That, or Jarrod Bunch was the best damn MLB that ever suited up in Blue..... :P

haha, yeah i guess 15 years is a long time at your age. at my age it's a flash. but it's not like i'm not ready for another sb title. 1 year or 15 is too long to wait.

but the longer you wait, the sweeter the victory right?

I'd expect the commentator to be truthful, and accurate. For the record, I like Aikman as a color guy, I think he does a great job. And he called it correctly - it was a great catch. At no point in the telecast did "fluke" enter his vocabulary.

aikman's a classy guy and wouldn't call it that even if he was thinking it and miming it to joe.

yes great catch and a fluke play.

That's just it--I don't consider it an act of divine intervention, dumb luck, or whatever you want to call it. For that moment, Brandon Lloyd was the best player on the field: if for no other reason, his effort was exceptional. Long term would I trade Hakeem Nicks for Brandon Lloyd? Hell no. But I give credit where credit is due: on that day, in that circumstance, I would rather have played against Randy Moss than Brandon Lloyd.

That's what I feel when I think of SB42. On that day, I would take Eli and Tyree over any other players you care to mention. THAT'S what gets lost when the play is dismissed as a fluke. And as far as I'm concerned, you lose some appreciation of the game if you allow yourself to think like that.

Lloyd's play is not comparable to the double miracle. It's just not. We both know that.

I'm glad you feel that way about, considering it's your team and all. but many feel just the opposite, including some who have a deep appreciation for the game. thinking it's a fluke, doesn't mean you can't believe it's a great play. the nfl is riddled with fluke plays. they happen all the time, and calling them what they are diminishes nothing.

i've seen romo fumble a snap, then it bounced back up into his hands, and he threw for a completion. it's a fluke. does it mean romo's not a good qb or that that play was not enjoyed by all? no.

does it mean i lost appreciation for football because i recognize it as a fluke? hell no.

haha, yeah i guess 15 years is a long time at your age. at my age it's a flash. but it's not like i'm not ready for another sb title. 1 year or 15 is too long to wait.

but the longer you wait, the sweeter the victory right?

Yea.. let's hope when you finally win it, it will be as sweet as it was for the Red Sox :D... for now us Giants fans will enjoy winning it once a decade and going to the SB twice a decade :)

Yea.. let's hope when you finally win it, it will be as sweet as it was for the Red Sox :D... for now us Giants fans will enjoy winning it once a decade and going to the SB twice a decade :)

you skipped a decade there.

you had a 17 year drought yourself didn't you? how sweet was that?

you skipped a decade there.

you had a 17 year drought yourself didn't you? how sweet was that?

I looked at it from the standpoint of 1 SB in the 80s, 1 in the 90s and one in the 2000s... :)

And I could say we were in the SB in 2000... and the result might've been different had the refs didn't call that "fluke" holding call on Keith Hamilton nullifying our TD... not saying our odds were good against the Raven's D but still.

the dog does think the level of the talent you are looking at is debatable. strahan left after the 2007 season. uminyora is as inconsistent as it gets, and seems to always be fighting some injury. the secondary has always been average (and the dog would argue wasn't exploited during the SB run b/c of the defensive scheming and execution that hid it - again, as the dog has pointed out before, romo, favre and brady all eluded to having players open down the field, but had no time to get them the ball). the linebackers have been a position area that has been argued to be a weak link here by everyone throughout all those years. offensively, toomer played one more year and had declining skills. burress did what he did. they have brought in a good core of young receivers, but that is a position that takes several years to pull it all together. the o-line has been very strong, but is aging and showed signs of that the last two seasons. you know how the dog feels about brandon jacobs being as overrated as it comes as a back, and bradshaw is a talent but not necessarily one that can be an every down back. manning is not a QB that can elevate a team to greatness by himself. so where is all the talent that makes them that much better than the patriots dynasty? the dog doesn't see it. so when you say "in all reality, we could have been a patriots-like dynasty and we didn't" - the dog struggles to see this...

You know as well as I do that the Patriots team and our team we're built extremely similar. Filled with team players and role players, not so much superstars at every position. My problem was with the coaching and the fact that the players WEREN'T responding to it, other than that one year (which I more attribute to Spagnuolo and Strahan). Also, I completely agree that Jacobs is pretty overrated and that Bradshaw is kind of an unknown element because he's either fumbling every 20 touches or playing through some injury. I just think that if we had more consistent play from Eli and a better coach (you know I'm no Coughlin fan) then we COULD be talking about the Giants of the latter half of the 2000s in the same breath as the Patriots. But I did originally say that inconsistency at that position and mediocre coaching (from poor assistant coach choices to not getting the players to respond) made it so you can't compare them.

If the Patriots had won that game, they'd be known as the greatest team in NFL history.

They weren't only beating teams, they were humiliating them.

But the Giants beat them.....that's no fluke.

If the Patriots had won that game, they'd be known as the greatest team in NFL history.

And I think aside from the Patriots fans and some Dallas fans all of the world was rooting for us. I will never forget that day till the day I die... I honestly don't think Cowboyz thinks it's a fluke... I think he knows we owned the Pats.. our D played a superb game.. and Eli completed a lot more than that epic reception by Tyree... our O Line held the line and our D line bent theirs inwards and backwards... Fuck.. go back to the game before that.. how cold was it that day? On the road.. in Green Bay.. that fucking game was Epic.. Thanks Tyne you fuck... Plax played lights out.. and Eli was throwing every pass... Should we go back one more week? To Dallas? Dallas was very good that year... they were picked to win it all no? We were the underdogs.. and BOTH teams played a great game... Romo, I think, was one completion away from having a different outcome to that game.. (forgot who the dude is who dropped a wide open pass in the open)... but you can't tell me the Giants didn't beat the cowboys that day.. in their own house... Fuck those fucking games were no fluke.. and ALL THE COWBOYS know it.

true

true

partially true

Lloyd's play is not comparable to the double miracle. It's just not. We both know that.

I'm glad you feel that way about, considering it's your team and all. but many feel just the opposite, including some who have a deep appreciation for the game. thinking it's a fluke, doesn't mean you can't believe it's a great play. the nfl is riddled with fluke plays. they happen all the time, and calling them what they are diminishes nothing.

i've seen romo fumble a snap, then it bounced back up into his hands, and he threw for a completion. it's a fluke. does it mean romo's not a good qb or that that play was not enjoyed by all? no.

does it mean i lost appreciation for football because i recognize it as a fluke? hell no.

Do you remember the first game between our teams in 2009, when a pass by Romo hit the back of Jason Witten's foot, and bounced right into the hands of Phillips? (I know you do, I still curse some of the plays Jim Jeffcoat made.) THAT was a fluke play--there was no skill involved, just being in the right place at the right time. In Nick's rookie season, he had a touchdown by catching in stride a pass that was defensed and knocked about 20 yards down field. That was a fluke.

I simply don't consider those and the play you described in the same category as the Superbowl play; or for that matter, the Brandon Lloyd catch I posted.