SportsWrath

Cowboys in 2012

Cowboyz

certainly not...this board has its share of knowledgable fans that debate intelligently and see things realistically, good and bad...and then there are the others...the dog likes them all...it is what makes it interesting. hence, cowboyz is a welcomed addition who clearly brings intelligent levels of debate to the boards (funny, blunatic would rather spin conspiracy theories than logically see how the dog would enjoy someone who has a similar point of view here...). predictable "lonely guy" response from blunatic combined with nonsensical ramblings from the court jester in 3...2...1....

Cute -the little weiner's got a boner because his butt buddy's back.

that's quite the imagination you have there. did you see me crying all the way from jersey?

fluke does not always have a negative connotation. it often has a positive one.

how can an 'accidental stroke of good luck' always have a negative connotation?

if anyone's acting hurt around here, it's all the gints fans crying about

1. my username

2. my thread title

3. the hotdog/badegg conspiracy

4. the "double miracle" was not a miracle at all, but happened just as gilbride drew it up in practice.

5. the reason i came to this messageboard

6. the eli/dilfer conspiracy

jeez u guys ever take a hard look?

yea claiming i don't the definition to a simple word is calling me stupid. calling me a dumbass is calling me stupid.

all on the basis of differing opinions. isn't THAT stupid? ha

Holy shit dude, I didn't even get past the first sentence. Quit putting words in my mouth. I didn't claim that you were were crying. But you ARE acting all butt hurt. You seriously need to chill the fuck out.

1. And, yet again, since I've already told you this: 1. A lucky or improbable occurrence, with the implication that the occurrence could not be repeated. "The first goal was just a fluke."

And no, that's not in my words, but I couldn't have said it better myself. Like I said, put those two teams on the field again, 4 years ago, and the Giants win without a miraculous throw and catch. But a "fluke", by it's very definition, always implies negativity. Especially if you're diminishing a Super Bowl victory and then whining when Giants fans let you hear it.

2. I was the one who called that play a miracle. You're still stuck on your incorrect definition of fluke.

3. Here you are talking about "emotional" Giants fans and then bitching about being called a dumbass. Uh oh. :rolleyes:

4. Why are we making number lists?

5. Oh, opinions are often supported by facts. Because, YOU KNOW, for a FACT, that Eli and the Giants wouldn't have hit 4th and 5 had the pass fallen incomplete. :rolleyes:

Go home, child.

Holy shit dude, I didn't even get past the first sentence. Quit putting words in my mouth. I didn't claim that you were were crying. But you ARE acting all butt hurt. You seriously need to chill the fuck out.

1. And, yet again, since I've already told you this: 1. A lucky or improbable occurrence, with the implication that the occurrence could not be repeated. "The first goal was just a fluke."

And no, that's not in my words, but I couldn't have said it better myself. Like I said, put those two teams on the field again, 4 years ago, and the Giants win without a miraculous throw and catch. But a "fluke", by it's very definition, always implies negativity. Especially if you're diminishing a Super Bowl victory and then whining when Giants fans let you hear it.

2. I was the one who called that play a miracle. You're still stuck on your incorrect definition of fluke.

3. Here you are talking about "emotional" Giants fans and then bitching about being called a dumbass. Uh oh. :rolleyes:

4. Why are we making number lists?

5. Oh, opinions are often supported by facts. Because, YOU KNOW, for a FACT, that Eli and the Giants wouldn't have hit 4th and 5 had the pass fallen incomplete. :rolleyes:

Go home, child.

damn youre bout as smart as a bag of rocks arent you boy

you can say i'm hurt, butt hurt, cryin, depressed, agitated, angry, whatever, assumptions from a guy preaching about facts.

if my definition was incorrect, there must be a conspiracy amongst online dictionaries.

this is from dictionary.com

fluke   

[flook] Show IPA

–noun

an accidental advantage; stroke of good luck: He got the job by a fluke.

an accident or chance happening.

an accidentally successful stroke, as in billiards.

i don't see your little 'implication' tag line on that.

Merriam webster:

: an accidentally successful stroke at billiards or pool

: a stroke of luck <the discovery was a fluke>

again, no 'negative implication' there hoss.

Now, let's talk about your definition. the implication that it cannot be repeated. how long til you think that one play gets repeated? by any other nfl team, much less yours. it won't be. so even tho i disagree with that definition, it is fitting when discussing that play. but again, that's your definition. not mine, or dictionary.com's or merriam webster's.

this is second time i've heard this accusation that i'm diminishing your superbowl. how ridiculous. so just by stating my opinions i have diminished the superbowl for you? really? you feel like it's less of an accomplshment because of my words?

whining? you've got me pegged man. whining, dumbass, stupid, butthurt, redneck. yeah i'm not puttin words in your mouth, i am a redneck.

give me some more names with 'negative conotations'. give me your best. i don't get my feelings 'diminished' online.

yep you called it a miracle. then you claimed the word miracle had nothing to do with god. i guess you have a special definition for that word as well.

i'm fine with using miracle to describe that play. i've already said this right? however, you are implying the play wouldn't have been possible without a divine intervention. you do understand what that means?

wrong. you made the claim you didn't call me stupid, i corrected you. there was no bitching involved. just a statement of fact.

call me stupid,etc ad nauseum. i got the tough skin son.

i know why i made a list. i don't know why 'we' made a list.

opinions are like assholes and you know how that goes. i can say mayonaisse tastes like shit. to me that's a fact. to you, who knows.

i don't know if the 4th and 5 would've been converted (and never made claim i did), and neither do you for that matter. thanks to the 'fluke play' we'll never know.

but like you said, facts can support opinions. supporting my opinion is the fact the gints only converted 35% of the 4th down attempts in 07.

and knowing coughlin, the majority of those attempts were well under 5 yards. doesn't look good for the 4th and 5.

go home? it's the internet. i am home. :facepalm:

I think you're underestimating Tyree a bit--he never had trouble with his hands, his problem was getting open. But he did have a knack for clutch catches, as evidenced by his earlier touchdown in that same game as well as others.

I think the big problem is the "scope" of the fluke/miracle. That play definitely was miraculous, simply because of the outstanding play of both Manning and Tyree in that moment. The problem is when the whole GAME is suddenly a fluke because of that one play. There was still time on the clock, plays to be made even if that was an incompletion. Calling the entire game a fluke disregards the other 59+ minutes of the game that CLEARLY showed that the Giants had every right to be on the same field as those Patriots.

Hearing that crap from other teams fans gets tired.

I think you're underestimating Tyree a bit--he never had trouble with his hands, his problem was getting open. But he did have a knack for clutch catches, as evidenced by his earlier touchdown in that same game as well as others.

I think the big problem is the "scope" of the fluke/miracle. That play definitely was miraculous, simply because of the outstanding play of both Manning and Tyree in that moment. The problem is when the whole GAME is suddenly a fluke because of that one play. There was still time on the clock, plays to be made even if that was an incompletion. Calling the entire game a fluke disregards the other 59+ minutes of the game that CLEARLY showed that the Giants had every right to be on the same field as those Patriots.

Very true fish, how come nobody talks about how Brady couldnt get it done in the final minutes. Its always us bein a fluke. :rolleyes:

Very true fish, how come nobody talks about how Brady couldnt get it done in the final minutes. Its always us bein a fluke. :rolleyes:

the dog thinks to be fair to Brady, he got the ball back at his own 26 with only 29 seconds left to play...hard to put this on him for not "getting it done" in the final minutes, since the prior drive he drove the team 80 yards for the go ahead TD with about 3 minutes left...

the dog looks at it this way...the patriots were the best team that year. hard to argue against that. the giants played near perfect on defense, and still needed a crazy circus catch and a break on two near picks on the final drive to win it. it was a fluke win, but the bottom line is, it was a win that was also earned despite it being a fluke, if that makes any sense. can't take it away, and can't say they didn't deserve it on that day...

now if the NFL were like other sports and decided the campion based on a best of 7 series, the dog would confidently say that the patriots win out in the end. but since that isn't the case, and the dog thinks that is one of the things that makes the NFL better than other pro sports, then so it goes...

good post. this is why i came here.

tyree i can't honestly say i know much about him. reason being, he was never more than a backup wr, but excellent special teamer. i've read a number of articles that suggest he has bad hands. including the stories about his final training camps with the gints/ravens and his bucs tryout, where injuries and dropped passes were his downfall. i think there's a blurb about his practice before the sb, where he dropped so many, that when he finally caught one, he got a standing 'o' from his team.

ofcourse, even wr's with bad hands, if that is indeed the case with tyree, can catch a football. I'm not sure the 5 yard td pass counts as clutch. it was a great throw, and it was poor defense, but the catch was nothing special.

looking at it now. he caught it against his body, which is bad technique. but yea td nevertheless.

just a look at his career stats, and yea the guy is forgettable without that double miracle play.

the thing is, if that ball falls to the turf, it's fourth and 5 on your side of the 40 with 1 min left. if manning gets sacked, it's 4th and 10+ on your side of the forty with less than a minute left. if manning floats the ball for one more half second, 3 more pats would've been in tyree's face. that was just a critical point in the game. if things didn't go your way there wasn't enough time for another chance.

i'm not disregarding the rest of the game. the game came down to this.

your team certainly outplayed the pats. i've given as much credit as i can stomach to your defense ;)

no offense, but you're reading this crap. that takes effort unlike listening to this crap. an easy solution would be to ignore it

tyree i can't honestly say i know much about him. reason being, he was never more than a backup wr, but excellent special teamer. i've read a number of articles that suggest he has bad hands. including the stories about his final training camps with the gints/ravens and his bucs tryout, where injuries and dropped passes were his downfall. i think there's a blurb about his practice before the sb, where he dropped so many, that when he finally caught one, he got a standing 'o' from his team.

ofcourse, even wr's with bad hands, if that is indeed the case with tyree, can catch a football. I'm not sure the 5 yard td pass counts as clutch. it was a great throw, and it was poor defense, but the catch was nothing special.

looking at it now. he caught it against his body, which is bad technique. but yea td nevertheless.

just a look at his career stats, and yea the guy is forgettable without that double miracle play.

the thing is, if that ball falls to the turf, it's fourth and 5 on your side of the 40 with 1 min left. if manning gets sacked, it's 4th and 10+ on your side of the forty with less than a minute left. if manning floats the ball for one more half second, 3 more pats would've been in tyree's face. that was just a critical point in the game. if things didn't go your way there wasn't enough time for another chance.

your team certainly outplayed the pats. i've given as much credit as i can stomach to your defense ;)

no offense, but you're reading this crap. that takes effort unlike listening to this crap. an easy solution would be to ignore it

I've seen him make catches in games that were crucial to the outcome. Nobody is ever going to mistake him for Jerry Rice, but he was outstanding for what he was primarily drafted to do (specials), and was a pleasant surprise as a wide receiver. Frankly, neither Jeff Feagles or our special teams have really been the same without him.

You're throwing a lot of "ifs" my way. If Manning gets sacked, who's to say he doesn't throw a first down to Smith, or a bomb to Burress? Or that the Pats D gets so overconfident they forget to watch for Bradshaw, and he breaks free? Every play has a ton of "ifs." How many 1 yard runs have you seen that are one missed assignment away from a TD?

I'm not taking offense, btw. Just pointing out why you are getting hit with hostility. Four years of whiney Pats fans, and NFC East fans trying to belittle the accomplishment will do that to ya. ;)

the dog thinks to be fair to Brady, he got the ball back at his own 26 with only 29 seconds left to play...hard to put this on him for not "getting it done" in the final minutes, since the prior drive he drove the team 80 yards for the go ahead TD with about 3 minutes left...

the dog looks at it this way...the patriots were the best team that year. hard to argue against that. the giants played near perfect on defense, and still needed a crazy circus catch and a break on two near picks on the final drive to win it. it was a fluke win, but the bottom line is, it was a win that was also earned despite it being a fluke, if that makes any sense. can't take it away, and can't say they didn't deserve it on that day...

now if the NFL were like other sports and decided the campion based on a best of 7 series, the dog would confidently say that the patriots win out in the end. but since that isn't the case, and the dog thinks that is one of the things that makes the NFL better than other pro sports, then so it goes...

If you say we deserved it that day, then its hardly a fluke. Thats a contradicting statement.

If Brady did a great job of bringing his team downfiled with 3 minutes left for the go ahead TD, then what Eli did for his go ahead has to be equally impressive. The escape was not a fluke. Eli got away.

Dude. He's reiterating what I have said like 12 times to you. You're fucking brain dead.

29 seconds to play is not a lot. But he did have 3 timeouts and the most prolific offense in NFL history. I'll give him 9 seconds a play (and that's giving him a lot, he could prolly get a play off in 7 seconds and call a timeout), that's two plays (if not 3) to get 40 yards. Difficult, but not impossible, and Tom Brady at the helm? I'm pretty sure he's even done that exact thing in his career before.

29 seconds to play is not a lot. But he did have 3 timeouts and the most prolific offense in NFL history. I'll give him 9 seconds a play (and that's giving him a lot, he could prolly get a play off in 7 seconds and call a timeout), that's two plays (if not 3) to get 40 yards. Difficult, but not impossible, and Tom Brady at the helm? I'm pretty sure he's even done that exact thing in his career before.

agreed- i thought the giants left too much time on the clock. he blamed his O line but you just can't take a sack there. even with that, it was still scary.

giants got in their heads. that was no fluke. you put yourself in a position to win, that's no fluke. every SB winning team has the ball bounce their way sometime

during the game.

agreed- i thought the giants left too much time on the clock. he blamed his O line but you just can't take a sack there. even with that, it was still scary.

giants got in their heads. that was no fluke. you put yourself in a position to win, that's no fluke. every SB winning team has the ball bounce their way sometime

during the game.

Me too man. To me, THAT was the most stressful point of the game. 29 seconds of absolute anxiety hell.

And all they needed was a FG, didnt even have to go as far as a TD. He coulda tied it up and won in OT, that was possible.

during the game.

Nobody talks about how we got there either, the Packers and Cowboys were a combined 27-6.

Nobody talks about how we got there either, the Packers and Cowboys were a combined 27-6.

I bring it up a lot. Mind you, we also had to play the bucs in Tampa, we also had to play an extra game!. Mind you that was our own doing.

Annnnnnnd, if any of these so called fans who now think that it was a fluke ever bothered to watch the games, will notice that we controlled those games. Hell, we fucking kept Green Bay alive twice.

And the Cowboys have Romo.........ROMO!!!!!. That pass was meant for RW!

clearly the whole thing was a fluke.

I bring it up a lot. Mind you, we also had to play the bucs in Tampa, we also had to play an extra game!. Mind you that was our own doing.

Annnnnnnd, if any of these so called fans who now think that it was a fluke ever bothered to watch the games, will notice that we controlled those games. Hell, we fucking kept Green Bay alive twice.

And the Cowboys have Romo.........ROMO!!!!!. That pass was meant for RW!

clearly the whole thing was a fluke.

RW had a hell of a good post season that year. So did Corey Webster.

I've seen him make catches in games that were crucial to the outcome. Nobody is ever going to mistake him for Jerry Rice, but he was outstanding for what he was primarily drafted to do (specials), and was a pleasant surprise as a wide receiver. Frankly, neither Jeff Feagles or our special teams have really been the same without him.

You're throwing a lot of "ifs" my way. If Manning gets sacked, who's to say he doesn't throw a first down to Smith, or a bomb to Burress? Or that the Pats D gets so overconfident they forget to watch for Bradshaw, and he breaks free? Every play has a ton of "ifs." How many 1 yard runs have you seen that are one missed assignment away from a TD?

I'm not taking offense, btw. Just pointing out why you are getting hit with hostility. Four years of whiney Pats fans, and NFC East fans trying to belittle the accomplishment will do that to ya. ;)

I"ve seen many wr's with bad hands make good catches. doesn't mean the hands are good. i gave him credit for specials, but if he had any game at wr, he'd prob be playing ball. i understand he's a hometown hero, but 54 catches in 80+ games was a pleasant surprise? 4 career TD catches? again that's 6 years and 80+ games. :confused:

or who's to say he doesn't throw it to the turf or to a pat? 35% 4th down conversion. 50% in the post, but that's simply thanks to the half yard stumble by the behemoth.

It comes down to the fluke play. it goes your way, you win. It goes the pats way, most likely they win. every football fan knows that 4th and anythig on your side of the 50 with a minute left is not a favorable scenario. wouldn't you agree that a one yard run that breaks for a long TD is less likely than a sack,int, incompletion, time running out, etc. the longest run of the day being 13 yards and all.

good. the hostility is no problem. it's not the conversation that's bringing it out, it's the emotions of those involved in the converstation. notice there's no hostility from most here, such as yourself, Duhmaurice, and others.

Dude. He's reiterating what I have said like 12 times to you. You're fucking brain dead.

not hardly. he and i aren't debating a definition.

plus he left his emotions at the door, unlike yourself.

emanuel sanders had a helmet catch in the playoffs this season too. it's not that rare for a WR to trap a ball against a body part

antonio brown actually. funny when he did it, they called it 'some david tyree action'. the rapist didn't have any pressure on that play, and brown was free and clear from any defender. yes wr trap the balls all the time, but we all know that's not what made the sb play a historic one.

I"ve seen many wr's with bad hands make good catches. doesn't mean the hands are good. i gave him credit for specials, but if he had any game at wr, he'd prob be playing ball. i understand he's a hometown hero, but 54 catches in 80+ games was a pleasant surprise? 4 career TD catches? again that's 6 years and 80+ games. :confused:

I would say it was a pleasant surprise when you have Burress/Toomer in the first two WR slots, and you are sharing time with 3 other guys in that 3rd WR slot, two of which are 2nd rounders that the team was trying to justify. Especially when one of those three turns out to be Steve Smith.

He wasn't going to outplay Burress. Toomer turned out to have some nice years once he stopped getting double-teamed. And no one in their right mind would keep Smith on the bench in favor of Tyree once Smith was drafted. And Domenik Hixon isn't a horrible WR, either: albeit not a starter. (Oh, that would be a guy with bad hands, if you ask me.)

He wouldn't still be playing--he never really recovered from his knee injury; and he no longer had the speed he had as a gunner. Tyree never really had WR speed, and that was known when he was drafted. I wouldn't put too much stock in what you've read about him after he was released here. He just wasn't right, and it was obvious at that point.

or who's to say he doesn't throw it to the turf or to a pat? 35% 4th down conversion. 50% in the post, but that's simply thanks to the half yard stumble by the behemoth.

It comes down to the fluke play. it goes your way, you win. It goes the pats way, most likely they win. every football fan knows that 4th and anythig on your side of the 50 with a minute left is not a favorable scenario. wouldn't you agree that a one yard run that breaks for a long TD is less likely than a sack,int, incompletion, time running out, etc. the longest run of the day being 13 yards and all.

It's not an insurmountable scenario, either. And if it had come down to 4th and 5, and they made it, would that have been a fluke?

I've always considered that play amazing simply because you almost NEVER see two players rising to that level in the same play. You'll see a QB get away from a crazy rush and make an easy completion; you'll see a QB make a typical pass while the WR makes an insane circus catch--but what makes that play unique is it happened all at once. I find that to be more a testament to the competitive desire of Manning and Tyree on that day than simple dumb luck. YMMV.

good. the hostility is no problem. it's not the conversation that's bringing it out, it's the emotions of those involved in the converstation. notice there's no hostility from most here, such as yourself, Duhmaurice, and others.

I would say it was a pleasant surprise when you have Burress/Toomer in the first two WR slots, and you are sharing time with 3 other guys in that 3rd WR slot, two of which are 2nd rounders that the team was trying to justify. Especially when one of those three turns out to be Steve Smith.

He wasn't going to outplay Burress. Toomer turned out to have some nice years once he stopped getting double-teamed. And no one in their right mind would keep Smith on the bench in favor of Tyree once Smith was drafted. And Domenik Hixon isn't a horrible WR, either: albeit not a starter. (Oh, that would be a guy with bad hands, if you ask me.)

He wouldn't still be playing--he never really recovered from his knee injury; and he no longer had the speed he had as a gunner. Tyree never really had WR speed, and that was known when he was drafted. I wouldn't put too much stock in what you've read about him after he was released here. He just wasn't right, and it was obvious at that point.

It's not an insurmountable scenario, either. And if it had come down to 4th and 5, and they made it, would that have been a fluke?

I've always considered that play amazing simply because you almost NEVER see two players rising to that level in the same play. You'll see a QB get away from a crazy rush and make an easy completion; you'll see a QB make a typical pass while the WR makes an insane circus catch--but what makes that play unique is it happened all at once. I find that to be more a testament to the competitive desire of Manning and Tyree on that day than simple dumb luck. YMMV.

fair enough on tyree. like i said, i don't know a whole lot about him.

no not insurmountable, but certainly the odds are stacked against you.

that depends. 4th and five completion to an open wr without the circus show then no, it's no fluke. 4th and 5, busted play, manning escapes the grasp of multiple defenders, then heaves a duck toward a covered wr, who then pins it to his helmet while defender pulls at his arms, then you have a fluke on your hands.

it is an amazing play. and you're right. you never see that, ever. which is why non gints fans consider it a fluke play.