SportsWrath

Mock Draft 1 from Helmet Hair

Allstarjim

Because I am not going to pay money to read articles from a sports journalism giant I am not on the "inside", so to speak. The fact that this titan of industry is nickeling and diming people for reading their columns when they already sell advertising is beyond ridiculous. But, Mosley on the NFC East Blog revealed helmet hair's picks for the NFC East:

Link

The guru has us taking Maurkice Pouncey at #19. I really hope not.

Here is his entire first draft mock:

1. Carolina Panthers - DT Nick Fairley, Auburn

2. Denver Broncos - CB Patrick Peterson, LSU

3. Buffalo Bills - DE Marcell Dareus, Alabama

4. Cincinatti Bengals - DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

5. Arizona Cardinals - QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri

6. Cleveland Browns - WR A.J. Green, Georgia

7. San Francisco 49ers - DE Robert Quinn, North Carolina

8. Tennessee Titans - OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M

9. Dallas Cowboys - CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska

10. Washington Redskins - QB Cam Newton, Auburn

11. Houston Texans - OLB Aldon Smith, Missouri

12. Minnesota Vikings - OL Nate Solder, Colorado

13. Detroit Lions - OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

14. St. Louis Rams - WR Julio Jones, Alabama

15. Miami Dolphins - RB Mark Ingram, Alabama

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Adrian clayborn, Iowa

17. New England Patriots (from Raiders) - DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin

18. San Diego Chargers - DE Cameron Jordan, Cal

19. New York Giants - OG/C Maurkice Pouncey, Florida

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue

21. Kansas City Chiefs - DT Stephen Paea, Oregon State

22. Indianapolis Colts - OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College

23. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin

24. New Orleans Saints - DE/LB Justin Houston, Georgia

25. Seattle Seahawks - QB Ryan Mallet, Arkansas

26. Baltimore Ravens - CB Brandon Harris, Miami

27. Atlanta Falcons - WR Torrey Smith, Maryland

28. New England Patriots - RB Mikel Leshoure, Illinois

29. Green Bay Packers (MK's Projected slot) - DE Christian Ballard, Iowa

30. NY Jets (projected) - DE Muhammed Wilkerson, Temple

31. Chicago Bears (projected) - CB Aaron Williams, Texas

32. Pittsburgh Steelers (projected) - OT Tyron Smith, USC

here's mcshays:

1. CAR - Bowers

2. DEN - Fairley

3. BUF - Gabbert

4. CIN - Green

5. ARZ - Peterson

6. CLE - Quinn

7. SF - Dareus

8. TEN - Locker

9. DAL - Amukamara

10. WAS - Newton

11. HOU - V. Miller

12. MIN - Tyron Smith

13. DET - Solder

14. STL - J. Jones

15. MIA - Pouncey

16. JAX - Mallett

17. NE - Kerrigan

18. SD - Ayers

19. NYG - Liuget

20. TB - Clayborn

21. KC - A. Smith

22. IND - Castonzo

23. PHI - Carimi

24. NO - Paea

25. SEA - Watt

26. BAL - Heyward

27. ATL - Houston

28. NE - Ingram

29. GB - Jordan

30. CHI - Nevis

31. NYJ - P. Taylor

32. PIT - Ijalana

apparently mcshay thinks the steelers will beat the jets in the superbowl.

There is a Pouncey on the steelers.

yeah they fucked the name up, maurkice is on the steelers, mike is the one in the draft this year.

That might have been me. But you are correct, Mike is Maurkice's brother and is in the upcoming draft.

19. New York Giants - OG/C Maurkice Pouncey, Florida

That would be an excellent pick. Except Maurkice Pouncey was already drafted by Pittsburgh last year, haha. His brother, Mike Pouncey, would be the pick we want.

Heard they are twines. Is there a reason why mike pouncey didn't declare for the draft the same year as his brother? We could be getting the left over genes in this guy. But upgrading the OL is a must so I wouldn't mind getting one then a LB on our next pick.

Heard they are twines. Is there a reason why mike pouncey didn't declare for the draft the same year as his brother? We could be getting the left over genes in this guy. But upgrading the OL is a must so I wouldn't mind getting one then a LB on our next pick.

Yeah, the Giants would never do that.

What's with the all the hatin' on the offensive line? I thought they were great this year. Snee was his usual... terrific. Seubert was the team's MVP this season. Kareem McKenzie probably had his best season as a Giant this year. At left tackle, it was a merrigoround. But when Diehl was there he did a good job, and Beatty showed again that he is making progress and is probably the team's future at either tackle... if not the left side he will start one day in the future.

Then there is Andrews. When he was right he was great. When he had back problems he wasn't. As for O'Hara, he is taking a lot of heat here and other places... but the guy has been great for us for a long time. Sure, he hurt the team when he tried to come back too soon from injury... but at least the guy showed heart by trying. Granted, it was a mistake for him to play. But he was playing at less than 100%, and we can't lose sight of that. If you want a replacement, cool. He is 33 years old, and will play next season at 34. But to say that he's washed up, I don't see it that way. Maybe get a guy that he could turn the reigns over to in a season or two. But we may already have that guy in Adam Koets. Does anybody feel that he didn't do a good job when he was in there at center?

And another guy who I thought performed well above my expectations was Kevin Boothe, who I believe is a free agent this year. Particularly when he was playing Guard, I thought he was very, very good. And although Petrus didn't see much time on the field, that one game where he ran on the field and showed that intensity, I loved that. And he went in there ready to knock someone on their ass. I think Petrus is a very good candidate to be a starting guard on our team one day when Richie passes the torch.

All in all, I think we have a great group that if we can keep it together, will be very good for the next 2 seasons before we need to think about replacing guys like McKenzie, Seubert, and O'Hara.

What's with the all the hatin' on the offensive line? I thought they were great this year. Snee was his usual... terrific. Seubert was the team's MVP this season. Kareem McKenzie probably had his best season as a Giant this year. At left tackle, it was a merrigoround. But when Diehl was there he did a good job, and Beatty showed again that he is making progress and is probably the team's future at either tackle... if not the left side he will start one day in the future.

Then there is Andrews. When he was right he was great. When he had back problems he wasn't. As for O'Hara, he is taking a lot of heat here and other places... but the guy has been great for us for a long time. Sure, he hurt the team when he tried to come back too soon from injury... but at least the guy showed heart by trying. Granted, it was a mistake for him to play. But he was playing at less than 100%, and we can't lose sight of that. If you want a replacement, cool. He is 33 years old, and will play next season at 34. But to say that he's washed up, I don't see it that way. Maybe get a guy that he could turn the reigns over to in a season or two. But we may already have that guy in Adam Koets. Does anybody feel that he didn't do a good job when he was in there at center?

And another guy who I thought performed well above my expectations was Kevin Boothe, who I believe is a free agent this year. Particularly when he was playing Guard, I thought he was very, very good. And although Petrus didn't see much time on the field, that one game where he ran on the field and showed that intensity, I loved that. And he went in there ready to knock someone on their ass. I think Petrus is a very good candidate to be a starting guard on our team one day when Richie passes the torch.

All in all, I think we have a great group that if we can keep it together, will be very good for the next 2 seasons before we need to think about replacing guys like McKenzie, Seubert, and O'Hara.

They weren't bad... but they weren't what they have been either. You can chalk that up to injuries if you want and I don't think you'd be entirely wrong, but the way they were banged up this year is just a bad omen. I'm not putting faith in them getting healthy.

this is the same reason why i think we should upgrades on the O-Line now. It takes a while for guys in the O-line to gel together. it's more of a unit than anything. Stocking up on Linemens now will give us the best chance for another great line for years to come...