SportsWrath

Gameday Chat

BronxRik

So a couple of years back, we used to start a gameday chat thread where everyone would list their AIM names and we'd all talk smack during the game. A lot of people liked it and I have to admit, everyone typing the same obscenities at the same time was kind of funny.

Jump ahead to the year 2010.........

Anyone have any interest in starting this up again? I know AIM is ancient, but a lot of members have (or had) AIM names. Even if they have dumped the AIM software, they can still use their AIM name on Meebo.com. Does anyone use or know of a better chat program, maybe web based so people don't have to install software? Ultimately, if there is enough interest, I'd like to install a board MOD to embed a simple chat program strictly for gameday use, but with all the updates Nem has installed I don't know what is available anymore. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

You have to install software.

AIM is probably the easiest one...you could also try facebook..I think they have a group chat option on FB.

I'm kind of partial to AIM myself. I suppose I should have started this sooner than the day before a game. Guess I'll try and get a "list your AIM name" thread started later today or in the morning.

The interface is a lot easier, in my opinion of course.

I agree, but a lot of the old guys dumped AIM a long time ago. The screen names should still be active though. And if anyone has AOL or AOL web based email, those screen names will work with Meebo without having to install anything. I mean, people are more than welcome to install software, I was just trying to avoid making it a 'requirement' to chat.

I agree, but a lot of the old guys dumped AIM a long time ago. The screen names should still be active though. And if anyone has AOL or AOL web based email, those screen names will work with Meebo without having to install anything. I mean, people are more than welcome to install software, I was just trying to avoid making it a 'requirement' to chat.

Yup. You still have my screen name...I haven't changed it.

We live the "Simple life" in Yemen. I'd be happy if there's no power outage and this "high speed" internet holds up when someone posts a link to the game :(

Tell them to start a war with the USA. Within 6 months of surrendering amidst a rubbled city, you will have a brand new ultra-modern country with auto factories, electricity, and all the modern convenciences.

oh, and an awesome new democracy.

We live the "Simple life" in Yemen. I'd be happy if there's no power outage and this "high speed" internet holds up when someone posts a link to the game :(

LOOK I TRIED TO TELL YA, but you didn't wanna listen. You know where to get the links from ..........................