SportsWrath

New Stadium Naming Rights to...."Cheating Spouse Site"?

BleedinBlue

Ashley Madison is a dating sight for cheating spouses and has offered as much as 25 million dollars for the naming rights of the new Giants/Jets stadium. It has been turned down (I think). Can you imagine? Why not just name the stadium the "Ron Jeremy Stadium" or "Linda Lovelace Stadium". Crazy stupid.

But....from a marketing point of view, what a mastermind of an idea (not the actual naming rights, but the "offer" that will never be accepted. This was news all over the New York papers a week ago and has spread into all kinds of media outlets across the country. They get turned down, but in the meanwhile, they get millions of dollars worth of free advertising. Almost as ingenius as the marketing guru for Arm and Hammer baking soda who increased sales 2000 percent after advertising that baking soda in the refrigerator absorbs smells....then got people to flush the stuff down their toilets and wash it down the sinks to make the bathroom smell better......duhhhh. But it worked. Most people can make a box of baking soda last a lifetime, but a little marketing genius and voila - instant new sales. Anyway, I don't condone AshleyMadison.com, but I admire the marketing genius behind the offer.

Daily News article

Sports Digest article

Ashley Madison is a dating sight for cheating spouses and has offered as much as 25 million dollars for the naming rights of the new Giants/Jets stadium. It has been turned down (I think). Can you imagine? Why not just name the stadium the "Ron Jeremy Stadium" or "Linda Lovelace Stadium". Crazy stupid.

But....from a marketing point of view, what a mastermind of an idea (not the actual naming rights, but the "offer" that will never be accepted. This was news all over the New York papers a week ago and has spread into all kinds of media outlets across the country. They get turned down, but in the meanwhile, they get millions of dollars worth of free advertising. Almost as ingenius as the marketing guru for Arm and Hammer baking soda who increased sales 2000 percent after advertising that baking soda in the refrigerator absorbs smells....then got people to flush the stuff down their toilets and wash it down the sinks to make the bathroom smell better......duhhhh. But it worked. Most people can make a box of baking soda last a lifetime, but a little marketing genius and voila - instant new sales. Anyway, I don't condone AshleyMadison.com, but I admire the marketing genius behind the offer.

Daily News article

Sports Digest article

This is bullshit. This is how Ashleymadison.com plans to us my money? They just lost one loyal member.

with the way Osi is crying. Jacobs running like a lost poppy and our D line pouring out more excuse than a ugly whore to her pimp...

i think Kleenex should get the naming rights...

kleenex.jpg

haha very true...they're becoming the New York Bitches, all we hear about lately is how every player was playing hurt...