SportsWrath

Perry Fewell is the MAN

Mr. P

Why do you think the players are more 'motivated' than this time last year? Because the DC yells more?

I don't think motivation was our downfall last year.

It was a combination of Sheridan being a milk douche and the fact that literally EVERY one of our starting defenders was hurt to varying degrees.

Why do you think the players are more 'motivated' than this time last year? Because the DC yells more?

I don't think motivation was our downfall last year.

Motivation was not exactly high last year, watch the last two home games against Philly and Carolina the D looked like they rather be playing golf, then be at football game. Fewell at Buffalo had the defense keep the Bills in some games, they played hard every single game, and we have alot more talent then Buffalo does on defense, especially if all healthy.

Motivation was not exactly high last year, watch the last two home games against Philly and Carolina the D looked like they rather be playing golf, then be at football game. Fewell at Buffalo had the defense keep the Bills in some games, they played hard every single game, and we have alot more talent then Buffalo does on defense, especially if all healthy.

That's a good point.

Toward the end of the season, it seemed like the attitude was, "hey, I know I'll be back next year"

That's a good point.

Toward the end of the season, it seemed like the attitude was, "hey, I know I'll be back next year"

Exactly. Which is why John Mara lit into the team like he did.

I think you really have to start the new season with that moment when after the end of year press conference Mara held what seemed like an impromptu conference outside of the main affair. It came across as something completely free of Hanlon's involvement just Mara being honest as the principal owner. And the way he lit into the team I think was directly related to that lack of interest shown at the end of the season.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/01/ny_giants_team_president_and_c.html

Love the video of him

I'll need to see him in action once before I get all fuzzy about him. Every preseason we we're hopeful even with the unmentionable DCs. I'm not sure if you can script takeaways all that easily in a secondary, seems more like a function of disguise and pressure.

I'm hoping that Fewell is good at both, though I've read he's working on the disguising part.