SportsWrath

NY Post's Q&A wtih Steve Tisch

Nas

Q: Plaxico Burress' possibly returning to the Giants when he gets out of prison?

A: I would be very much in favor of Plaxico returning to the NFL when he is released. I haven't yet gone to visit him, but I intend to over the summer.

Q: You haven't discussed it with John Mara, Tom Coughlin and Jerry Reese?

A: It's a more complicated issue. Because I think it's not only premature, it's difficult to predict when Plaxico will be released.

Q: Plaxico wrote you a letter?

A: A very personal letter . . . a very emotional letter, a very heartfelt letter . . . explaining to me how badly he felt about personally disappointing me and my father's memory. It's something I'll keep and remember forever.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/serby_sunday_with_steve_tisch_ZnYrNKJ9VfpMwzi4Q5eZdK#ixzz0o8YjDAB0

Waah waah waah, the fact is, Plaxico Burress is the best WR we have ever have and even at this point, would help our anemic red zone offense (and offense in general). He didn't shoot YOU in the leg. He didn't come 2 minutes late to YOUR team meetings. I don't get this whole, "oh he'll never learn" attitude. Who the fuck cares? The Ravens don't care they have a murderer on their team.

Waah waah waah, the fact is, Plaxico Burress is the best WR we have ever have and even at this point, would help our anemic red zone offense (and offense in general). He didn't shoot YOU in the leg. He didn't come 2 minutes late to YOUR team meetings. I don't get this whole, "oh he'll never learn" attitude. Who the fuck cares? The Ravens don't care they have a murderer on their team.

Go cheer for the scumbag Ravens then. What a piss-weak argument.

Go cheer for the scumbag Ravens then. What a piss-weak argument.

And your argument is? Let me guess "Oh he only thinks about himself blah blah blah blah" the same crap people say over and over again. He's still better and has been the best WR the Giants have had ever on their team and when the game mattered he showed up big which cant be said of the Giants of '09. For a guy trying to call a piss poor argument you dont really make an effort at a good one yourself Tree.

The only reason Tisch said that he'd like to see Plax back in the NFL is because he understands political correctness within the league. In his position, he has to be concilatory (even if Rex Ryan or Ozzie Guillen just don't get it) and be above being negative about a player to the press. It doesn't mean for a second that he wants Plax in a Giants' uniform again. He was good. He was also a headache that always had a side issue going on whether it was financial or demanding to work out with Shockey at Miami rather than the rest of the team.

I hope Plax makes something out of himself in what's left of his life. He's pissed away his fortune and little to show for his career with the Giants other than a great ring (which I hope he doesn't hock on e-bay) and some hi-lite film.

the personal shit like be late to meetings and practice etc.?? They let a ton of that shit slide with Plax. Bent over backwards for the Diva. Gave him tons of 2nd chances etc.

When his shitty behavior started getting team mates and the front office in trouble? Later Plex. He will never be a Giant again.

And your argument is? Let me guess "Oh he only thinks about himself blah blah blah blah" the same crap people say over and over again. He's still better and has been the best WR the Giants have had ever on their team and when the game mattered he showed up big which cant be said of the Giants of '09. For a guy trying to call a piss poor argument you dont really make an effort at a good one yourself Tree.

Actually, if you'd bothered reading all of my admittedly long-winded 12 word reply you'd have seen I was talking about his reference to THE RAVENS.

The only reason Tisch said that he'd like to see Plax back in the NFL is because he understands political correctness within the league. In his position, he has to be concilatory (even if Rex Ryan or Ozzie Guillen just don't get it) and be above being negative about a player to the press. It doesn't mean for a second that he wants Plax in a Giants' uniform again. He was good. He was also a headache that always had a side issue going on whether it was financial or demanding to work out with Shockey at Miami rather than the rest of the team.

agreed. plax is history. brandon marshall is the future!laugh.gif

hahaha, dude, it's like Plaxico Burress raped their daughters. Can't argue with them even if we might actually score some touchdowns with him.

the personal shit like be late to meetings and practice etc.?? They let a ton of that shit slide with Plax. Bent over backwards for the Diva. Gave him tons of 2nd chances etc.

When his shitty behavior started getting team mates and the front office in trouble? Later Plex. He will never be a Giant again.

No, all you ever heard, every week, was that Burress wasn't on Coughlin time. Not even that he was late, just that he wasn't early enough. Big fucking deal. That's a small sacrifice to make to come away with touchdowns instead of field goals and to actually have a deep threat to open up other facets of your offense.

Actually, if you'd bothered reading all of my admittedly long-winded 12 word reply you'd have seen I was talking about his reference to THE RAVENS.

And YOUR argument against that is? That he sidetracks the team (mind you, a team that WON a Super Bowl with him and was on the right track to another until the unfortunate accident.)? That it goes against your morals that he carried a weapon to protect himself? That your offended that he comes to a meeting right on time instead of 10 minutes early or whatever the hell Coughlin bullshit that is? That he had to take his kid to school once and was a little more late than that? What exactly pisses everyone off? All accounts I've heard was that he was a GOOD teammate. You never really heard him whining about money (just once when he was underpaid, and he also didn't hold out or refuse to attend practice or threaten retirement like a little bitch (OSI)) or that he doesn't get the ball enough. And he actually came to play in big games so we didn't get trounced 40+ to 9.

Like I said, if a player makes your team better, who the fuck cares. That's my argument. San Diego isn't getting rid of Shawn Merriman. They put a franchise tender on him. There's a difference between listing examples and using it as "my argument". No other team gives a fuck, our example just happened to catch the wrath of an over zealous DA and mayor and he ended up in jail.

If character and teamwork are irrelevant then why wait for Plax to get out of jail? Why not just sign T.O. right now?

YAWN. Your argument is equally as "piss-weak".

Nice to know you're in the locker room every week to know exactly what his contribution to "teamwork" was. I'll have to ask you for the skinny on who got in the latest spat with Coughlin over not wearing socks up to their knees.

And I guess you've met him, too? Anyways, I worry about what players do on the field. They're professional athletes, if they don't want to come to team meetings 10 minutes early, wtf do I care as long as he makes it there. All that you know, you know from the media. And all the media knows is that Plaxico was "late" to meetings. Neither they, nor you, can attest to what kind of teammate Burress was. As a player, I KNOW Burress played all of 2007 on one ankle and despite not practicing for most of the season, gave it his best on game day and came through for us when it really mattered. He probably was underpaid, but he came to camp, and participated despite injuries anyway.

Irresponsible and lacking good judgment, yah, sure. I'll give you that, that's inherent to many professional athletes with entitlement problems. None of his civil suits or domestic disturbances, though, amounted to anything other than him having pay like a couple grand for some promotion car he damaged. And none of it made him miss a game.

And TO sucks.

Plaxico is dividing Sportswrath and setting people against eachother.

I'm not even saying I want Plaxico specifically back, but I wouldn't avoid picking up players or keeping our own that are less than upstanding citizens but make the team better....because of him

YAWN. Your argument is equally as "piss-weak".

Nice to know you're in the locker room every week to know exactly what his contribution to "teamwork" was. I'll have to ask you for the skinny on who got in the latest spat with Coughlin over not wearing socks up to their knees.

And I guess you've met him, too? Anyways, I worry about what players do on the field. They're professional athletes, if they don't want to come to team meetings 10 minutes early, wtf do I care as long as he makes it there. All that you know, you know from the media. And all the media knows is that Plaxico was "late" to meetings. Neither they, nor you, can attest to what kind of teammate Burress was. As a player, I KNOW Burress played all of 2007 on one ankle and despite not practicing for most of the season, gave it his best on game day and came through for us when it really mattered. He probably was underpaid, but he came to camp, and participated despite injuries anyway.

Irresponsible and lacking good judgment, yah, sure. I'll give you that, that's inherent to many professional athletes with entitlement problems. None of his civil suits or domestic disturbances, though, amounted to anything other than him having pay like a couple grand for some promotion car he damaged. And none of it made him miss a game.

And TO sucks.

I KNOW what he did. He single-handedly capsized our best and most promising regular season campaign in over a decade.

I agree he was great for us in 2007. Then he got paid.

I KNOW what he did. He single-handedly capsized our best and most promising regular season campaign in over a decade.

I agree he was great for us in 2007. Then he got paid.

Oh boy. It was his fault the team stopped playing and lost heart, now. Must have been a pretty integral teammate, not a bad one, then, too.

I said he was good and improved the offense, I didn't say he single-handedly won us a Super Bowl and therefore couldn't possibly single handedly ruin a season.

Oh boy. It was his fault the team stopped playing and lost heart, now. Must have been a pretty integral teammate, not a bad one, then, too.

I said he was good and improved the offense, I didn't say he single-handedly won us a Super Bowl and therefore couldn't possibly single handedly ruin a season.

He was good, of course. And having him yanked out of the offense during the season left a huge hole that your favorite Hixon couldn't fill. It's no mystery as to why we were 11-1 then lost 3 of the final 4 games.

I hope Plax makes something out of himself in what's left of his life. He's pissed away his fortune and little to show for his career with the Giants other than a great ring (which I hope he doesn't hock on e-bay) and some hi-lite film.

Political correctness aside.. Tisch was very candid I think.. no sugar-coating. Yes he said the NFL not the Giants... however if Plax is to play for ANY team, it better be the Giants... it has to be. Give him a one year deal and watch him either light up the league or .. well we have pretty good receivers as is. In other words I'm leaving the possibility open... Plax did make mistakes.. but there's something to be said about casting stones...

Political correctness aside.. Tisch was very candid I think.. no sugar-coating. Yes he said the NFL not the Giants... however if Plax is to play for ANY team, it better be the Giants... it has to be. Give him a one year deal and watch him either light up the league or .. well we have pretty good receivers as is. In other words I'm leaving the possibility open... Plax did make mistakes.. but there's something to be said about casting stones...

I don't know Naz. The Giants front office has never been keen on keeping troubled players that make the wrong kind of news. I figured that A.P. was going to be cut after the season - not only for shoddy play, but for being right in the middle of the Plax situation. The Giants have always been a class organization (unlike classless Dallas) and don't want their players in the news for the wrong reasons.

But who knows. I wonder what kind of shape Plax is in and if he could even get back to football form. If the Giants ever brought him back into the fold, I imagine he'd have a set of rules to live by that would be ten pages long and would be living under a microscope. The way fans are in NYC, he'd be booed for every mistake he made early on, but they would quickly get behind him and cheer him madly if he was making game changing plays.