SportsWrath

I love this guy (in a non-faggot way)

gmenroc

“I feel real good. I have full movement, full range. The first hit, maybe I’ll be a little wary of. But once I get it and nothing comes back, it’s full go again.”- LB Chase Blackburn

Seriously, every time I read a quote from this guy, it makes me want to go out and play football. Love that attiude.

Guest CoachLubrano

Anyone that has ever had a serious injury can really appreciate this guy's mental toughness to want to get back on the field.

His injury is incredibly severe, and it's been such a short amount of time. I really feel for the guy. He knows damn well that it's going to bother him every time he makes contact.

Chase has the attitude, that's for sure. I really hope he can avoid further injury, because it could be catastrophic.

Blackburn is the little engine that could. I admire his spirit and determination. The league needs more attitudes from its' players like his.

I Agree. It was a real shame what happen to him. I was really looking forward to seeing what he was made of.

Guest CoachLubrano
I like Chase a lot but I'm surprised how a practice squad guy has made all of you guys practically fall in love with him after 1 and a half games.

I don't like him all too much as an option at linebacker. He hasn't shown me much, he was basically tossed around the whole time he was in there. Sure, he had that interception agianst Washington, but it was thrown to him. I still give him credit for being alert and making the catch.

But, you're right. At this point in his career, I don't see him as much of an NFL caliber linebacker. He's made some good plays on special teams, but he's got a ways to go before he's ready to play starting linebacker.

I give him all the credit in the world, however, for fighting so hard to get back to football after such a devastating injury. I'm still recovering from an ACL tear I suffered a little over a year ago, and it's still way up in the air if I can ever play again.

I don't like him all too much as an option at linebacker. He hasn't shown me much, he was basically tossed around the whole time he was in there. Sure, he had that interception agianst Washington, but it was thrown to him. I still give him credit for being alert and making the catch.

But, you're right. At this point in his career, I don't see him as much of an NFL caliber linebacker. He's made some good plays on special teams, but he's got a ways to go before he's ready to play starting linebacker.

I give him all the credit in the world, however, for fighting so hard to get back to football after such a devastating injury. I'm still recovering from an ACL tear I suffered a little over a year ago, and it's still way up in the air if I can ever play again.

Right now, i see Blackburn as a decent backup at middle backer. Certainly not what I would consider starting calibur...and he may never be...but he could develop into a very valuable backup. His special teams play is enough to keep him on the roster, and his energy and enthusiasm brings a lot to the team. Certainly would like him to stick around for a few seasons...reminds me a lot of Greisen....not the best athlete, but great intensity and energy...good find by us...

I don't like him just because of his okay fill in of Pierce in the middle, he's a very good special teams player too.

Blackburn is a nice special teams player (the missed tackle on Mewelde Moore's PR TD withstanding), but he did not show much at MLB when given a chance (the "look what I found" INT for TD vs. Washington withstanding).

He is very useful in that he fulfills 3 quotas:

1. Every solid defense needs at least 1 white guy (think about it)

2. He's a starter on all special teams units

3. Guys with ridiculous names are always welcome in the NFL

I personally think he is good enough to start, but not right now within the next 2 years i can see him as a force in the league but right now he is a VERY reliable back-up.....any news on Nick Greisen?

Guest CoachLubrano
I personally think he is good enough to start, but not right now within the next 2 years i can see him as a force in the league but right now he is a VERY reliable back-up.....any news on Nick Greisen?

I really really hope so, but at this time it doesn't look like he's going to be much more than a serviceable backup.

"(in a non-faggot way)"

Implication: I get an erection every time I see this guy's flowing locks; I wish he were a tree, so I could die beside him and have him absorb me out of the soil -- so our souls could become one with each other.

"(in a non-faggot way)"

Implication: I get an erection every time I see this guy's flowing locks; I wish he were a tree, so I could die beside him and have him absorb me out of the soil -- so our souls could become one with each other.

:clap: Max, you my boy ;) "(in a non-faggot way)" :LMAO:

“I feel real good. I have full movement, full range. The first hit, maybe I’ll be a little wary of. But once I get it and nothing comes back, it’s full go again.”- LB Chase Blackburn

Maybe its just me but I dont get excited at all when I read that qoute, there is nothing to it. NFL players will say that all the time coming off an injury, and Chase isnt the first player coming back from a serious neck injury. I personally think he is a very replaceable player, a decent special teams player who is getting more attention then he actually deserves. I think the coaching staff will take his neck injury into consideration when it comes down to camp cuts. Im not saying they'll cut him because of his injury but if another player is peforming as adequate as Blackburn there is a good chance Blackburn wont make the team.

Blackburn is a nice special teams player (the missed tackle on Mewelde Moore's PR TD withstanding), but he did not show much at MLB when given a chance (the "look what I found" INT for TD vs. Washington withstanding).

He is very useful in that he fulfills 3 quotas:

1. Every solid defense needs at least 1 white guy (think about it)

2. He's a starter on all special teams units

3. Guys with ridiculous names are always welcome in the NFL

Point #1 deserves it's own thread ....