SportsWrath

Romeo Romeo

Lughead

So just how good is Romeo ..... I mean If we hire him as DC how much of an impact will he make with the players ? How good are his schemes? how good does he adjust? Some one sell me on Romeo

Well I don't want to talk out of my ass, not that willpower has stopped me before, but as I recall the Patriots had their best defenses in his seasons as DC. How much of the schemes were him and how much were Belichick is anybody's guess.

i'd love to see one bellicheck disciple succeed before we anoint these guys.

Not that I have wet-dreams about the guy, but Crennel wasn't horrible at Cleveland (he had that team's single winning season this decade). And he did catch some bad breaks.

Remember when they spent a fortune on a top center in FA (I forget the details, and don't really care enough to look it up), got rid of their old guy, and THEN the FA trashes his knee on the first play of his first practice with the team? Crennel should have resigned right then...

It's gonna happen. He wants us, we want him...I dont expect him to leave the interview without a contract. My nipples are hard...

I fucking hope.....time to end this "Apprentice" bullshit and hire someone who is the very best at his position.

If there are any other Defensive Coordinators out there with 3 Super Bowl rings, bring them in for a talk as well.

But otherwise, I'd say get Romeo, and if they can't land him, give a long look to Pepper Johnson, who at the very least would fire up the unit again.

It's going to be Romeo, or Pepper Johnson. In a perfect world, we actually get both.

I think a point that can't be understated is this: John Mara is an angry man. If Coughlin hires Romeo, John Mara becomes a satisfied man. If Coughlin hires another no-name, and the defense sucks, Coughlin could be done after 2010.

I fucking hope.....time to end this "Apprentice" bullshit and hire someone who is the very best at his position.

If there are any other Defensive Coordinators out there with 3 Super Bowl rings, bring them in for a talk as well.

But otherwise, I'd say get Romeo, and if they can't land him, give a long look to Pepper Johnson, who at the very least would fire up the unit again.

It's going to be Romeo, or Pepper Johnson. In a perfect world, we actually get both.

I think a point that can't be understated is this: John Mara is an angry man. If Coughlin hires Romeo, John Mara becomes a satisfied man. If Coughlin hires another no-name, and the defense sucks, Coughlin could be done after 2010.

Imagine we get Romeo as DC and Pepper as LB coach :drool: