SportsWrath

Looks like Pierce will not be back

JackStroud

Reese was pretty dismissive yesterday and not exactly full of enthusiasm about bringing back Pierce.

Said Giants would be very active in the free agent/trade market

Tuck said he did not speak out this year as he himself could not play well with the torn shoulder....intimated certain players were mailing it in all year long

This is something a HC should hsave cleaned up not a DE..........FIRE COUGHLIN.....he is no longer the answer

When asked how to improve things, Coughlin said the players needed to execute better.....good grief

I'd promote Gilbride to HC and let him pick a DC

Maybe Gilbride and Rex Ryan could get into a fist fight in the elevator LOL......The Ryans and Gilbride have a history there

I wonder who would wind up as Giants HC if we organized a real search.....Shannahan?, Jon Gruden?

Please lets not be making color choices.....pick the best man....The Johnny Lynn era still makes me sad

I'm concerned about Reese making the choice.....He's great in the draft but picking known talent is not his forte

I think our season ended when

1- Coughlin did not organize a league wide search for a DC

2- Coughlin refused to allow Sheridan to do it his way in the booth

3- Osi walked out of a team meeting

that and the early season injuries to Jacobs and Tuck, Phillips,

that and the early season injuries to Jacobs and Tuck, Phillips,

not to mention Alford who brought a lot of energy and enthusiam to the d-line and looked like a guy who was really "coming on" this year. Also Ross was effectively wiped out for the year with his hammy.

Absolutely no excuse for not playing hard though. That is on the players and the coaches.

Exactly hlb. Injuries are part of the game. Thats why we went out and got depth. But no one seemed like they wanted to play. It had to be Sheridan. The team cant be pissed at Coughlin or anything else so soon after a SB win and a 12-4 record. People talk like were crumbling. We were dominant all the way up to game 6 of this yr!

Exactly hlb. Injuries are part of the game. Thats why we went out and got depth. But no one seemed like they wanted to play. It had to be Sheridan. The team cant be pissed at Coughlin or anything else so soon after a SB win and a 12-4 record. People talk like were crumbling. We were dominant all the way up to game 6 of this yr!

I fully agree.

The single most important job the head coach or the coordinator has is keeping the players engaged and on the same page. The "x's and o's" at the pro level are pretty well understood by the coaching ranks.

When the players quit on the coach, the coach has to go. Fair or not, you can't fire the team.

Coughlin is fine, made a bad hire...sometimes you don't need to hire within the Giants family

Gilbride, who cares?

My only question is..."does Pepper Johnson have the chops and can Tom afford to fail?" My answer is "no," but then again we need someone with vision for our D and this fan base will not go for anything less than the pressure package. One other slight on Pepper is that he also seems to favor the 3-4 by virtue of training, we are not right for that at all.

Coughlin is fine, made a bad hire...sometimes you don't need to hire within the Giants family

Gilbride, who cares?

My only question is..."does Pepper Johnson have the chops and can Tom afford to fail?" My answer is "no," but then again we need someone with vision for our D and this fan base will not go for anything less than the pressure package. One other slight on Pepper is that he also seems to favor the 3-4 by virtue of training, we are not right for that at all.

I don't know about that....they said we had no WRs also and look what happened

What about the wildcat.....its become a league wide event that once again ol tom is totally out of touch with

the guy has to go

Gilbride, who cares?

Plus I think the injuries really mounted up. Lets not for get Osi, Fred and Berry both hod major Knee surgery... That take at least a year to recover from. And we lost Jay Alford for entire year. Justin was hurt since week 2. Canty + Rocky= big waste of time and space.

Plus we lost Kenny Phillips, Pierce, Ross and kevin Dockery for most of the year.

I don't know about that....they said we had no WRs also and look what happened

I agree. It will be up to the DC, Coughlin, and Reese to restructure this defense. Frankly, I think 3-4 is the way to go.

As much as Coughlin get's bashed, the guy can fucking coach. There's no reason why Reese can't find the personnel to make the 3-4 work.

Look at what happened to Green Bay....they went from 4-3 to 3-4 under Capers this season, and their defense improved dramatically.

If there's any time to make the switch, let's do it while the defense is in complete disarray.

not to mention Alford who brought a lot of energy and enthusiam to the d-line and looked like a guy who was really "coming on" this year. Also Ross was effectively wiped out for the year with his hammy.

Absolutely no excuse for not playing hard though. That is on the players and the coaches.

Alford was a huge loss.

Crazy how bad Sheridan was. But then again, we should have seen it coming. Havent we loved our D, but only bitched about our LBers for so long? He was the LB coach, right? Man, we shoulda saw that coming.

that's one great observation.... even if he didn't have the personnel, it's his job to bitch, complain, and jump and up and down for the FO to get him playmakers... all in all, it was Sheridan. Good riddance.

Oakland, TB, KC, Washington, Atlanta and Dallas account for the 8 wins. Only two teams with a winning record, and the falcons without their two starting running backs. 7 times they allowed 30 + points in a game, 5 times 40 + points in a game. The line was inconsistent. The running backs all injured and unable to carry the load for a full season (historically as well...). The D-line inconsistent. LB's weak. D-Backs exposed without the protection of a D-coordinator that could scheme other teams to death...

the dog isn't sure what all that means, but it doesn't sound so good. The SB is ancient history in NFL years. The Division just got that much stronger with the hiring of Shanahan in Washington. Maybe not crunbling, but certainly an awful lot of glue needs to be applied in a short amount of time if this team is going to compete anytime soon...