SportsWrath

Charlie Weis is officially available.

JMFP

His agent said he's heard from 6 NFL teams already about OC spots- including New England, which surprises me.

I'm surprised any of hte teams was revealed. But I only see NE is our only competitor.... and the Giants better be one of those 6 teams.

hmmm, would he rather go back to NE or NY? Fuck we better outbid NE that's all im saying.

Doubtful, NE likes Weis and they made it public that they really want him back at OC, not to mention he still owns a house in NE according to that Jason Locinfora(sp) NFL network informant guy. Unless we pretty much promise him some ridiculous amount that pulls him away from going to a team with Brady/Moss/Welker on their O.

Doubtful, NE likes Weis and they made it public that they really want him back at OC, not to mention he still owns a house in NE according to that Jason Locinfora(sp) NFL network informant guy. Unless we pretty much promise him some ridiculous amount that pulls him away from going to a team with Brady/Moss/Welker on their O.

You're not helping :angry:

I bet there's an out clause if a HC job comes up though.

Are you kidding me? PULL THE DAMN TRIGGER TOM.

Yeah because all Coughlin and Gilbride have done is win a Superbowl and make the playoffs every year. As a matter of fact name a team that has done better than the Giants in the past 2 years. I am sure there are a few but I doubt it tops 5 teams. Sure the Giants don't always do great but the D has been losing games not the O. Hell the O singlehandedly won 2 of those games and the Chargers game should have been won. Some of the posts on this board are nearing the Giants MB; fire everybody and hire anybody that is available because surely they'll suddenly do better than an extremely successful coaching staff. The only reason the Giants are having issues is because of the DC and the HC and OC are fine. The Giants have not been able to stop any decent O team at all. Riddle me how the Giants can turn into the Saints and score 30+ points every single game; check 2008 Saints on how your record is with no D. That's right Brees almost broke the throwing yards record and still didn't make the playoffs. With this D Eli better become a 300+ yards a game passer, not going to happen, because it's the only option.

with the offers he will be getting i HIGHLY doubt weis would come here and work under coughlin. reading accorsi's book its apparent he was quite bitter at not getting the giants head coaching job and with his claims he could "fix eli" i just dont see him working under coughlin. look elsewhere folks.

Gruden obviously loves his new gig....I don't see him leaving anytime soon. He's the best color commentator out there (with the possible exception of Troy Aikman).