SportsWrath

The Blame Game

fringe

So. let me get this straight- No exaggeration we've heard all of this on this board:

It's the Offensive Coordinators fault

It's the Defensive Coordinators fault

It's the Head Coach's fault

It's the QB's fault

It's the RB's fault

It's the OL's fault

It's the WR's fault

It's the DB's fault

It's the Safety's fault

It's the LB's fault

It's the DL's fault

It's the punter's fault

It's the kicker's fault

It's the holder's fault

It's the Team Doctor's fault

It's the (fact that we have no) Cheerleader's fault

It's the Strength Conditioning Coach's Fault

It's the Owner's fault

It's Derrick Ward's fault

It's the catering staff's fault

It's the water boy's fault

It's Obama's fault

It's Abby Manning's fault

Did I leave anyone out?

So. let me get this straight- No exaggeration we've heard all of this on this board:

It's the Offensive Coordinators fault

It's the Defensive Coordinators fault

It's the Head Coach's fault

It's the QB's fault

It's the RB's fault

It's the OL's fault

It's the WR's fault

It's the DB's fault

It's the Safety's fault

It's the LB's fault

It's the DL's fault

It's the punter's fault

It's the kicker's fault

It's the holder's fault

It's the Team Doctor's fault

It's the (fact that we have no) Cheerleader's fault

Did I leave anyone out?

Strength and Conditioning Coach's fault?

All comes back to coaching decisions, strategies, and how they are getting these guys prepared and developing their weekly roles.

Por ejemplo:

Brandon Jacobs was doing poorly the first 6 weeks of the season because the coaches wanted him to run Derrick Ward-esque plays. In this case, you have a poor coaching decision/strategy/game plan directly leading to poor performance by the running back.

All comes back to coaching decisions, strategies, and how they are getting these guys prepared and developing their weekly roles.

Por ejemplo:

Brandon Jacobs was doing poorly the first 6 weeks of the season because the coaches wanted him to run Derrick Ward-esque plays. In this case, you have a poor coaching decision/strategy/game plan directly leading to poor performance by the running back.

got it- adjustments made.

got it- adjustments made.

Funny. But completely missing the point...

Besides, I would argue with you that all of the people and reasons you've listed are valid to put blame on, considering football is a team sport and every aspect of our team is doing poorly as of late.

Another Example: Are Eli Manning and the offense (especially the O Line) playing up to their talent level? No...who's job is it to get them to play up to their level: their own, as well as the O Coordinator.

Besides, I would argue with you that all of the people and reasons you've listed are valid to put blame on, considering football is a team sport and every aspect of our team is doing poorly as of late.

that is the point, storm

that is the point, storm

okay...i'm slow...

but you agree, we do have problems with most of those areas? players not playing up to potential, coaches not doing anything to change this, and in general no one is prepared to face the other professional team come Sunday. We've been looking pathetic and embarrassing come game day.

I honestly just think that this team in it's current form is not nearly as good as we thought or hoped coming into this season. A let down for sure, but definitely a building block for us in terms of new players getting their reps and finding out the holes on our team (secondary and LB especially, like always).

okay...i'm slow...

but you agree, we do have problems with most of those areas? players not playing up to potential, coaches not doing anything to change this, and in general no one is prepared to face the other professional team come Sunday. We've been looking pathetic and embarrassing come game day.

I honestly just think that this team in it's current form is not nearly as good as we thought or hoped coming into this season. A let down for sure, but definitely a building block for us in terms of new players getting their reps and finding out the holes on our team (secondary and LB especially, like always).

yes i agree. we stink. but i will invoke my favorite john madden line here: "victory is a great deodorant."

yes i agree. we stink. but i will invoke my favorite john madden line here: "victory is a great deodorant."

unfortunately those victories are going to have to start coming against teams that have looked much better than us...

well, actually, the Cowboys and Eagles suffered setbacks too...Denver has been exposed and their QB sucks....and ATL is without Michael Turner...we might be okay in a game or two...at this point i'd rather finish 7-9 and miss the playoffs than finis 9-7 and miss the playoffs...

Another Example: Are Eli Manning and the offense (especially the O Line) playing up to their talent level? No...who's job is it to get them to play up to their level: their own, as well as the O Coordinator.

Well...if the line isn't playing up to how it potentially could, that's really Flaherty's concern. Position coaches have to shoulder their share as well. But the real culprit might be Father Time in regard to Seubert and MacKenzie.

We're still a good team, guys. Just not this insane juggernaut that we got the impression it was after the first few games. Let's see how it goes with the injury list cleared.