SportsWrath

FYI: Kiper on the Giants draft

Go_Eli

jennings in the first?

did he say anyone else for later rounds?

no.

Sportscenter is doing a thing where they air a whole entire 1st round mock draft. They do 2 teams a day starting at 32 and going down.

They stated how WLB is our biggest need and. They did mention that we could pick up chad greenway, dquel jackson, and a few other lbers in the first that i dnt recall.

Let me be the first to say that Kiper must've used too much mousse today. No way we take Kelly Jennings in round one.

We better not f'n take Jennings in round 1.

If we take Jennings in round 1 I'm going to be furious.

Crap ... I'm not going to sleep tonight.

Let me be the first to say that Kiper must've used too much mousse today. No way we take Kelly Jennings in round one.

We better not f'n take Jennings in round 1.

If we take Jennings in round 1 I'm going to be furious.

Crap ... I'm not going to sleep tonight.

Dont worry... no chance we take him. I think the only players that the Giants could POSSIBLY take with pick #25 are the following:

Santonio Holmes

Chad Jackson

Ernie Sims

Chad Greenway

Carpenter

Demeco Ryans

Thomas Howard

Dqwell Jackson

Dmeco Ryans

Mcintosh

Antonio Cromartie

Tye Hill

Donte Whitmer

Broderick Bunkley

Manny Lawson

By possible picks, I mean players who could be available when we draft and possible draft selections. Id be very suprised if our first didnt come from this list. Please feel free to add someone if you think I've overlooked them.

Guest Carbo
Dont worry... no chance we take him. I think the only players that the Giants could POSSIBLY take with pick #25 are the following:

Santonio Holmes

Chad Jackson

Ernie Sims

Chad Greenway

Carpenter

Demeco Ryans

Thomas Howard

Dqwell Jackson

Dmeco Ryans

Mcintosh

Antonio Cromartie

Tye Hill

Donte Whitmer

Broderick Bunkley

Manny Lawson

By possible picks, I mean players who could be available when we draft and possible draft selections. Id be very suprised if our first didnt come from this list. Please feel free to add someone if you think I've overlooked them.

Why don't you list every player in the draft. That way you're sure to be right. :rolleyes:

Santonio Holmes

Chad Jackson

Ernie Sims

Chad Greenway

Carpenter

Demeco Ryans

Thomas Howard

Dqwell Jackson

Dmeco Ryans

Mcintosh

Antonio Cromartie

Tye Hill

Donte Whitmer

Broderick Bunkley

Manny Lawson

You don't have any Offensive Tackles on that list. There are some top notch guys in round 1. Granted they likely won't be available but at this point I'd put their odds of being there no worse than Bunkley or Sims. I don't see them considering McIntosh in round 1. I'll be really surprised, and pissed, if they took Howard. I think Jason Allen could be added to that list too. Although I'd be surprised if we took him.

You don't have any Offensive Tackles on that list. There are some top notch guys in round 1. Granted they likely won't be available but at this point I'd put their odds of being there no worse than Bunkley or Sims. I don't see them considering McIntosh in round 1. I'll be really surprised, and pissed, if they took Howard. I think Jason Allen could be added to that list too. Although I'd be surprised if we took him.

Yeah, I thought about adding Jason Allen. I just think given his injury problems he's too risky given the talent out there although he should be on it. I guess you could also add tackes, justice and winston.

I'm Starting to think Mel Kiper is an idiot.

Starting?

How this guy can justify his existence for the other 9 months of the year is beyond me. And what he does do during the remaining 3 is often worthless come draft day. I do like some of his commentary on what the young players can bring to the table, but his assessment on what a team needs is often times highly inaccurate.

I'm Starting to think Mel Kiper is an idiot.

Mel Kiper is easily the smartest man on the planet.

He's carved out quite the niche for himself with no semblance of any defineable qualifications for his job. He's wrong more than a drunken weatherman yet his job seems more secure than a gravedigger's.

Yeah, I thought about adding Jason Allen. I just think given his injury problems he's too risky given the talent out there although he should be on it. I guess you could also add tackes, justice and winston.

Well if you're going to list Cromartie you can't ignore Allen. I agree his injury was gruesome but you don't run the kind of times he posted unless you're significantly healed.

Don't worry about listing Winston Justice. There's isn't a chance in hell he's there when we pick. I was referring more to Marcus McNeill and Daryn Colledge. McNeill is carrying a first round grade and could be there when we select. Colledge is a bit of a reach at 25. I don't agree that we should take him there but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

Well if you're going to list Cromartie you can't ignore Allen. I agree his injury was gruesome but you don't run the kind of times he posted unless you're significantly healed.

Don't worry about listing Winston Justice. There's isn't a chance in hell he's there when we pick. I was referring more to Marcus McNeill and Daryn Colledge. McNeill is carrying a first round grade and could be there when we select. Colledge is a bit of a reach at 25. I don't agree that we should take him there but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

I know I'm butting in here a bit, but I don't see us going OT at all in the first, regardless of who's there, especially given the excellent depth at other positions.

If the right guy fell to us and we weren't happy with what we had to choose from at LB I could see us going with the OT. I'd only put the odds at maybe 10% but I don't think it's far ftehced. Luke has a HUGE cap charge next year. If we don't find his replacement in this years draft it'll need to come through free agency. In that case we'll end up spending a a ton. The other option is drafting a guy with the intention of starting him next year. Seeing as I doubt we have a top 10 pick in next years draft I don't find that a viable alternative.

When you think about it, Tackle isn't a bad way to go.

If the right guy fell to us and we weren't happy with what we had to choose from at LB I could see us going with the OT. I'd only put the odds at maybe 10% but I don't think it's far ftehced. Luke has a HUGE cap charge next year. If we don't find his replacement in this years draft it'll need to come through free agency. In that case we'll end up spending a a ton. The other option is drafting a guy with the intention of starting him next year. Seeing as I doubt we have a top 10 pick in next years draft I don't find that a viable alternative.

When you think about it, Tackle isn't a bad way to go.

I agree that we need to find Luke's replacement sometime soon. I just think that this draft has too much talent at our pick to take a risk on an offensive tackle a few years from now. Id much rather see us go LB, WR, CB or DT in the first and take a LT in a later round. This draft isnt exactly stacked at OT.

Watching that draft preview we have ALOT of needs that we need to fill if we have a chance to win the division again...I think he is wrong about or Secondary...If they stay healthy they will be a force to be reckoned with....I think our first pick is going to be LB then WR or DT then Either WR or DT which ever1 we didnt jus get then maybe CB or another LB Then the next person for the last rounds

Watching that draft preview we have ALOT of needs that we need to fill if we have a chance to win the division again...I think he is wrong about or Secondary...If they stay healthy they will be a force to be reckoned with....I think our first pick is going to be LB then WR or DT then Either WR or DT which ever1 we didnt jus get then maybe CB or another LB Then the next person for the last rounds

CB

DT

WR

OLB

RST

CBD

BTL

MQC

BJ

CC

HC

I agree that we need to find Luke's replacement sometime soon. I just think that this draft has too much talent at our pick to take a risk on an offensive tackle a few years from now. Id much rather see us go LB, WR, CB or DT in the first and take a LT in a later round. This draft isnt exactly stacked at OT.

I'm amazed I have to convince of our need at Left Tackle. For as much as you're emphasized finding Toomer's replacement as a reason to go wide receiver I'd think you'd see this logic. Luke costs us a LOT more to retain next season than Toomer. There is NO possible replacement for Luke on our current roster. Toomer still could be replaced by Carter or Taylor, assuming those guys can step up their game. Thus we have a greater need at Left Tackle than we do WR.

And this draft is much deeper at Offensive Tackle than it is at Wide Receiver.

Understand that I'm not lobbying for us to get tunnel vision for an OT in the first round. But if we're listing possible draft options, I don't see how this can be ignored.