SportsWrath

When is the last time...

Treehugger

...we had two 1000 yard receivers?

Right now we have two RBs and two WRs on track to break 1000 yards. I know it's early in the season but that's fantastic.

It'll be interesting to see how Nicks competes for catches with Smith & Manningham.

Ahmad Bradshaw 201

Brandon Jacobs 196

Steve Smith 277

Mario Manningham 263

the 2001 season we had Amani Toomer finish with 1300+ yards (I believe) and Ike Hilliard had... 999.

So that was pretty close.

Unless there are some major injuries, it's going to happen this year. I think this is the year Eli breaks his personal best in passing yardage. Eli is going to top 4000 yards for the first time, and Smith and Manningham will have at least 2000 of those yards.

Unless there are some major injuries, it's going to happen this year. I think this is the year Eli breaks his personal best in passing yardage. Eli is going to top 4000 yards for the first time, and Smith and Manningham will have at least 2000 of those yards.

Agreed.

I think with no Plax, no Droppy, no Tiki and no Strahan, you're going to see Eli have an MVP-type season (though Brees will almost certainly be the league MVP).

Agreed.

I think with no Plax, no Droppy, no Tiki and no Strahan, you're going to see Eli have an MVP-type season (though Brees will almost certainly be the league MVP).

Brees didn't look all that great against Buffalo, I mean they give this guy outstanding numbers every year he won't break Peyton's single season TD mark. Brees will have a few games were he doesn't do well he usually has a good streak then a bad streak

Not that I think its right, cause it isnt, but I think they are going to put Hixon back in, and Manningham will take third.

I just hope they find a way to give Nicks some time.

Brees didn't look all that great against Buffalo, I mean they give this guy outstanding numbers every year he won't break Peyton's single season TD mark. Brees will have a few games were he doesn't do well he usually has a good streak then a bad streak

You're sort of right Bigblue... but it's more how he plays on the road vs. at home. Brees is just another pretty good QB on the road, it's just that at home he is so phenomenal his overall numbers look amazing. Check his road splits from '08 and you will see that what happened in Buffalo was predictable.

Not that I think its right, cause it isnt, but I think they are going to put Hixon back in, and Manningham will take third.

I don't know about that. I think Smith & Manningham have overtaken Hixon. Nicks and Hixon will fight it out for #3.

Just for the record... Tom Brady has the single season TD record.

I'm not so sure. Manningham proved he could break 'em, and Hixon is more suited for punt returns with his sneaky get up and go.

I'm with you, though he'll probably have to earn his way, which I'm pretty sure he will.

I'm not so sure. Manningham proved he could break 'em, and Hixon is more suited for punt returns with his sneaky get up and go.

I'm with you, though he'll probably have to earn his way, which I'm pretty sure he will.

Also, keep in mind Hixon, like Smith, is very clutch in 3rd down and mid range. Prime time for your 3rd wide receiver to be on the field. He can sneak under coverages pretty well. I drop Hixon to 3rd unless Manningham starts to struggle.