SportsWrath

Should this guy Boley just walk on and START

JackStroud

Blackburn is tearing people's heads off.........who is Boley and why should he get a front row seat for showing up (injured)

LET HIM EARN IT..........put his ass on special teams and see if he has any fire in his belly

frankly prior to the Giants pulling him off the trash heap, I never heard his name mentioned on an NFL telecast

anybody know if he has any gas in his tank? Kavika Mitchell had IT, whatever IT is........I want to see this guy show something before being deeded such an important position

Blackburn is tearing people's heads off.........who is Boley and why should he get a front row seat for showing up (injured)

LET HIM EARN IT..........put his ass on special teams and see if he has any fire in his belly

frankly prior to the Giants pulling him off the trash heap, I never heard his name mentioned on an NFL telecast

anybody know if he has any gas in his tank? Kavika Mitchell had IT, whatever IT is........I want to see this guy show something before being deeded such an important position

Wasn't it Blackburn's missed tackle that lead to Clinton Portis 34 yard run? Also, Boley is alot better in coverage than Blackburn. Blackburn was getting schooled by Cooley all day... It's time to sit Blackburn down and let the real LB play.

Actually, I don't think Boley will start this week. He's had very few reps with the first unit - or any unit - so look for him to come off the bench and his playing time to steadily increase over the next few weeks, as he picks up on his assignments. I see him replacing the immortal Blackburn in the starting line up by week 4, latest.

Something I must admit and hopefully Jack does as well, which is why I'm posting in his thread about this...

Antonio Pierce played excellent against the Redskins. I dunno if it was because it was against his former team but he seemed to be all over the field and all over the ball carrier.

Boley might not start this week, but he'll absolutely start week 3. He's not a LBer that came off a trash heap... he's one of the better weakside backers in the NFL, and is outstanding in coverage. We're going to need him because despite what Jack says, Campbell exposed the linebackers with all the short passes and screens that went for big gains. If Felix Jones gets a screen pass and we have the linebackers in there playing like they did last week, it's going to be a TD.

Boley might not start this week, but he'll absolutely start week 3. He's not a LBer that came off a trash heap... he's one of the better weakside backers in the NFL, and is outstanding in coverage. We're going to need him because despite what Jack says, Campbell exposed the linebackers with all the short passes and screens that went for big gains. If Felix Jones gets a screen pass and we have the linebackers in there playing like they did last week, it's going to be a TD.

ohhhhhh noooooooo felix fnnnn jones

im so scared

Blackburn played like a man possesed last week....I recall Pierce's name called once........he tipped a pass

Pierce is always the 2nd or 3rd guy to the ballcarrier.........you see his number because hes the guy still standing there

Cooley was a non factor.........as were all the skins receivers

we frustrated the hell out of them, and pushed them around like fairies

Blackburn was in on a ton of tackles for an outside LBer, and on specials he nailed the returner a few times hard. I dont recall Blackburn getting burned by Cooley

he also whipped the ball free on that called back TD........PS the guys knee never touched his upper thigh hit the gorund....I guess thats the same thing

my point is Blackburn brings a physical style to the LBer corp that none of the other LBers appears to posses........they just do not hurt people

as for Dallas.....................BRING THEM ON

Didnt Blackburn only have three tackles at the end of the game? And two of them coming in during special teams?

Blackburn was exposed alot of times against Cooley who had a really good game against us(7 rec, 78 yards), our whole LB core was exposed with alot of over the middle receptions. Not to mention Blackburn's pathetic attempt of trying to arm tackle Portis on his first run of 34 yards. Blackburn will be replaced when Boley comes back because Boley has something alot of our LBs dont have and thats speed. Pierce did really well against the run but he did bite a number of times against the passing game, i.e. being taken out of place by being looked off but thats not saying the rest of our LBs did any better.

I think be week four and the rest of the season the starting LBs will be Clark-Pierce-Boley with Kehl/Blackburn/Sintim being rotated in for relief.

By the way I cant believe I'm responding to this troll's thread...whats the world coming too?

Didnt Blackburn only have three tackles at the end of the game? And two of them coming in during special teams?

Blackburn was exposed alot of times against Cooley who had a really good game against us(7 rec, 78 yards), our whole LB core was exposed with alot of over the middle receptions. Not to mention Blackburn's pathetic attempt of trying to arm tackle Portis on his first run of 34 yards. Blackburn will be replaced when Boley comes back because Boley has something alot of our LBs dont have and thats speed. Pierce did really well against the run but he did bite a number of times against the passing game, i.e. being taken out of place by being looked off but thats not saying the rest of our LBs did any better.

I think be week four and the rest of the season the starting LBs will be Clark-Pierce-Boley with Kehl/Blackburn/Sintim being rotated in for relief.

By the way I cant believe I'm responding to this troll's thread...whats the world coming too?

not too polite for a canadian eh?

your responding because you want to show us you don't watch the games, dont have a clue

and want to show us what an internet tough guy you are

up their in the land of pussies LOL

Wasn't it Blackburn's missed tackle that lead to Clinton Portis 34 yard run? Also, Boley is alot better in coverage than Blackburn. Blackburn was getting schooled by Cooley all day... It's time to sit Blackburn down and let the real LB play.

Agreed.....time for Crackburn to grab some pine.

Pierce will be growing fat and bald on his barcalounger before Chase sees pine

The attributes you cite Chase as having makes him a strong candidate for SLB. But the WIL is supposed to have better coverage skills than Chase possesses. Because of this, Boley should start ASAP. Chase shouldn't have even started over Kehl at the WIL. I would be in favor of it if Chase started on the strongside, because I actually like him a little better there than Danny Clark. Either way, Chase is a very good 4th linebacker. Emphasis on the 4th linebacker part.

ohhhhhh noooooooo felix fnnnn jones

im so scared

Blackburn played like a man possesed last week....I recall Pierce's name called once........he tipped a pass

Pierce is always the 2nd or 3rd guy to the ballcarrier.........you see his number because hes the guy still standing there

Cooley was a non factor.........as were all the skins receivers

we frustrated the hell out of them, and pushed them around like fairies

Blackburn was in on a ton of tackles for an outside LBer, and on specials he nailed the returner a few times hard. I dont recall Blackburn getting burned by Cooley

he also whipped the ball free on that called back TD........PS the guys knee never touched his upper thigh hit the gorund....I guess thats the same thing

my point is Blackburn brings a physical style to the LBer corp that none of the other LBers appears to posses........they just do not hurt people

as for Dallas.....................BRING THEM ON

Funny He only had 3 tackles and 2 assists does that = a ton? and what do yo mean by being "IN ON "? sure he may have been "IN ON" the camera angle as the tackles where being made . So does being "around " a tackle count as being "IN ON" one? OHHHHHHHHH don't look Now but "AIR HORN " had 5 tackles and 1 Assist soooo is that considered being "IN ON " a long ton of tackles for 58...... I mean I saw his number when he made takles also .

Funny He only had 3 tackles and 2 assists does that = a ton? and what do yo mean by being "IN ON "? sure he may have been "IN ON" the camera angle as the tackles where being made . So does being "around " a tackle count as being "IN ON" one? OHHHHHHHHH don't look Now but "AIR HORN " had 5 tackles and 1 Assist soooo is that considered being "IN ON " a long ton of tackles for 58...... I mean I saw his number when he made takles also .

Also the dude is so much more than just the physical side of the game. He truly is the QB of the defense. He makes more plays before the ball is even snapped by getting guys in the right spots than we on this message board will ever know.

Lets leave this a matter of opinion

you cannot or will not admit Blackburn is a big party of our front 7.......so be it

I feel much more comfortable with a BIG LBer out there hitting people

as for Pierce a short small LBer..........give me a break, even most posters on here say he is a physical liability but good play caller

if you watched the Skins MLBer on Sunday you saw a guy playing the poition like it should be played

The attributes you cite Chase as having makes him a strong candidate for SLB. But the WIL is supposed to have better coverage skills than Chase possesses. Because of this, Boley should start ASAP. Chase shouldn't have even started over Kehl at the WIL. I would be in favor of it if Chase started on the strongside, because I actually like him a little better there than Danny Clark. Either way, Chase is a very good 4th linebacker. Emphasis on the 4th linebacker part.

Agreed.