SportsWrath

Giants D back on ther heels

JackStroud

Sheridan said he wanted to rush 4 and call plays from the booth.....I think this might be because he is totally incapable form doing it from the sidelines

1st of all our D was built on 7-8 in the box and max pressure. After spending 2 years under the regime of a Jim Johnson desciple apparently Sheridan learned nothing

I saw the LBers constantly dropping into ineffective coverage on runnng plays and passing plays, and the rush 4 resulted in the injury of a key player as the 4 could not get any penetration and were way overstressed. The blitz stops the run and the pass as the opponent must keep everyone in for protection and their are no open running lanes

The only Lineman we have who is hefty enough to collapse the middle when bringing only 4 is Roibbins and he's injured.

SOOOOOOO........my solution is to put Mr. Sheridan up in his booth where he can observe te carnage he is creating. Then give him some tapes of the Giants D from 2 years ago to observe.....nail his feet to the floor and watch every game

This is what happens when you promote untested assistants to DC......we saw it with Johnny Lynn, We saw it with the guy form the Steelers, and now we are going to again have to endure a neophyte running the NFL's most powerful D- Coughlin was too lazy and complacent to organize a real search for a DC.

Yes Blackburn had a bad game.....hes not effective on his heels as Pierce is......he's a more aggressive type and he seemed to be trying to fit a square peg in a round hole as did most of the other back 7

Sheridan said he wanted to rush 4 and call plays from the booth.....I think this might be because he is totally incapable form doing it from the sidelines

1st of all our D was built on 7-8 in the box and max pressure. After spending 2 years under the regime of a Jim Johnson desciple apparently Sheridan learned nothing

I saw the LBers constantly dropping into ineffective coverage on runnng plays and passing plays, and the rush 4 resulted in the injury of a key player as the 4 could not get any penetration and were way overstressed. The blitz stops the run and the pass as the opponent must keep everyone in for protection and their are no open running lanes

The only Lineman we have who is hefty enough to collapse the middle when bringing only 4 is Roibbins and he's injured.

SOOOOOOO........my solution is to put Mr. Sheridan up in his booth where he can observe te carnage he is creating. Then give him some tapes of the Giants D from 2 years ago to observe.....nail his feet to the floor and watch every game

This is what happens when you promote untested assistants to DC......we saw it with Johnny Lynn, We saw it with the guy form the Steelers, and now we are going to again have to endure a neophyte running the NFL's most powerful D- Coughlin was too lazy and complacent to organize a real search for a DC.

Yes Blackburn had a bad game.....hes not effective on his heels as Pierce is......he's a more aggressive type and he seemed to be trying to fit a square peg in a round hole as did most of the other back 7

It's preseason. You don't show your hand.

Steve Spagnuolo was an "untested assistant promoted to DC" and he became one of the best defensive minds in the game... after he had 85 points hung on him in the first two regular season games.

God, you're dumb.

It's preseason. You don't show your hand.

Steve Spagnuolo was an "untested assistant promoted to DC" and he became one of the best defensive minds in the game... after he had 85 points hung on him in the first two regular season games.

God, you're dumb.

And we were 1-3 in the preseason the year we won it all. :rolleyes:

GOD Jack is dumb.

The "guy from the Steelers" was Pittsburgh's defensive coordinator. Whoops.

The "guy from the Steelers" was Pittsburgh's defensive coordinator. Whoops.

sorry i forgot his name.....he was immensely forgetable

if you look back at giants success over the past year it alaways centered around great DC's - Nolan, Fox, Spagnuola

when we've had bad DC's we have stunk out the stadium

jury is out on this guy but hes given some bad indicators

Could you ask him what "SPESKS" means?? :unsure:

far be it from you to have misspellings in posts from either typing to fast or just not knowing...let's see, the dog wonders if you take a look at the wildcat offense thread...hmm, court jester, was does "pwned" mean? certainly with your superior intellect it wasn't a misspelling or fast typing, so it must be either a word from another language or a higher level vocabulary word you learned from your time studying at all of the Ivy league schools you attended...the dog just can't seem to find it in the dictionary....please advise.

far be it from you to have misspellings in posts from either typing to fast or just not knowing...let's see, the dog wonders if you take a look at the wildcat offense thread...hmm, court jester, was does "pwned" mean? certainly with your superior intellect it wasn't a misspelling or fast typing, so it must be either a word from another language or a higher level vocabulary word you learned from your time studying at all of the Ivy league schools you attended...the dog just can't seem to find it in the dictionary....please advise.

Not trying to start another pissing match Dog, but pwned is internet slang. I knew exactly what he meant by it, I'm sure that's why he quoted me when he said it.

Wiki Pwn

Feel free to commence the geek insults, but I used to be a CS (Counterstrike) addict.

Even you're not clueless enough to not know that "pwned" is purposefully misspelled. You're really trying way too hard.

Not trying to start another pissing match Dog, but pwned is internet slang. I knew exactly what he meant by it, I'm sure that's why he quoted me when he said it.

Wiki Pwn

Feel free to commence the geek insults, but I used to be a CS (Counterstrike) addict.

Thank you Storm. Looks like with a combined effort between yourself, Tree and SoCal, the dog has been....PWND AGAIN!!!! :lol:

Wiki Pwn

ahh...well then the dog stands corrected. not up to speed in internet lingo so much, but always find it interesting. especially since typing "pwned" and "owned" requires the same amount of energy, and essentially means the same thing...the dog certainly appreciates the clarification...

Jack: "Coughlin was too lazy and complacent to organize a real search for a DC".

You want to say he's older than most NFL coaches? True. You want to say he can be a dour f#ck? Maybe. I'll even entertain the argument that he can't relate to his players (though I disagree). But "lazy" and "complacent"? C'mon, Jack. Even you can't misread someone THAT badly!

ahh...well then the dog stands corrected. not up to speed in internet lingo so much, but always find it interesting. especially since typing "pwned" and "owned" requires the same amount of energy, and essentially means the same thing...the dog certainly appreciates the clarification...

Yup, that's actually how it arised...internet geeks accidentally hitting the "p" instead of the "o"...I guess it just kind of stuck...plus it sounds pretty funny when you say it phoneticallly..."poned"

Jack: "Coughlin was too lazy and complacent to organize a real search for a DC".

You want to say he's older than most NFL coaches? True. You want to say he can be a dour f#ck? Maybe. I'll even entertain the argument that he can't relate to his players (though I disagree). But "lazy" and "complacent"? C'mon, Jack. Even you can't misread someone THAT badly!

Have you ever read the book he wrote about the Giants Super Bowl run and victory Gman? If not, I definitely recommend it...Coughlin is one of the most hard-working, and detail fixated coaches I've ever heard of! And believe it or not, the man is very flexible and player oriented...it might have taken him a while to become that way, but he explains how what he was doing wasn't working and his wife sat him down and talked to him about it...leading him to institute "player councils"---veterans that have a meeting with him every day to let them know what's on their minds and how the player's feel. Reading the book itself is like reading about the transformation of a hard-ass into a Super Bowl Champion.

Sounds good. Title? Author?

9780345512994.jpg

He talks about his upbringing and life, and career in coaching, from Syracuse to the NFL. It really puts into perspective the personality he instills in his football teams. Great book.

Hotdog.......your funniest post in years

Bravo!!!

I stand my comment and add stupid to the decision

If you remember the reason we go the reject form Pittsburg was no one of any real stature would come over and work under Herr General

We got lucky with Spags

Spags must have wanted to stick it to the Eagles or something

coughlin is a hard worker but he does not attract coaching talent and hes wound up with some real lemons

Coughlin does not attract top coaching talent as a rule