SportsWrath

NYG Passing game still in Question

Martin

I share your concern regarding our receiving corps. Since these games are meaningless, I'd prefer to see less of Jacobs and Bradshaw, and more of the passing game. Our RB's are veterans; our receivers are green and need as much game time experience as they could possibly get.

I cant understand it either! We know Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ware.

We dont know the receivers or at least most of them.

Give them the ball!

I'm really not worried about anything but the nagging injuries. We lost a preseason game; so what! We looked really bad, so what! With the number of starters we had sitting, you'd be hard pressed to find an NFL team that would win a game under those circumstances. Our depth definitely looks better on paper because everyone is healthy and ready for a pro bowl season.

Best thing we get out of preseason games is playing time for the backups and determining who they are. As far as our receivers go...they're just not going to be playing like Burress and quite frankly, nobody can but Burress. When we've got all our starters ready for that first game of the season and Manning getting the protection, those receivers are going to come alive.

I'm really not worried about anything but the nagging injuries. We lost a preseason game; so what! We looked really bad, so what! With the number of starters we had sitting, you'd be hard pressed to find an NFL team that would win a game under those circumstances. Our depth definitely looks better on paper because everyone is healthy and ready for a pro bowl season.

Best thing we get out of preseason games is playing time for the backups and determining who they are. As far as our receivers go...they're just not going to be playing like Burress and quite frankly, nobody can but Burress. When we've got all our starters ready for that first game of the season and Manning getting the protection, those receivers are going to come alive.

Thats what my heart says that there is talent there as long as Manning gets protection and

protection is the key to all of this. We know with our running game play action is gonna help.

The Oline has been very healthy last year but every year is different. Lets hope your right that there's

nothing to be worried about.

Thats what my heart says that there is talent there as long as Manning gets protection and

protection is the key to all of this. We know with our running game play action is gonna help.

The Oline has been very healthy last year but every year is different. Lets hope your right that there's

nothing to be worried about.

I think it's about protection, yes. But also about Manning learning to trust new receivers and playing to their strengths. For instance, if Nicks is good on the slant, Eli has to throw accurate slants. Last year, when Buress left, Eli wasn't able to improvise.

The reason I lobby for a star receiver is more about Manning than the talent of said receiver.

I think that it is very likely we haven't seen the best of Manning yet. This is the most confident I've seen him coming into a season. Once Barden and Nicks get their feet wet, I have a feeling we'll all be grateful that Reese didn't panic and give away draft picks.

I know this is the best of all possible worlds, but why can't Eli be a player that is still getting better? We know he has the work ethic. We know he is a student of the game and one of the smartest on field leaders there is in the NFL... but the thing that encourages me most is that if you look at his numbers from 2007 to 2008, he took a big leap forward in efficiency and reducing interceptions. Why can't he build on last year and get even better? After the 2007 season, I felt that Eli was a masterpiece still being painted. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Eli top the 90 mark in QB rating this year. In fact, I kind of expect it.

I think that it is very likely we haven't seen the best of Manning yet. This is the most confident I've seen him coming into a season. Once Barden and Nicks get their feet wet, I have a feeling we'll all be grateful that Reese didn't panic and give away draft picks.

I know this is the best of all possible worlds, but why can't Eli be a player that is still getting better? We know he has the work ethic. We know he is a student of the game and one of the smartest on field leaders there is in the NFL... but the thing that encourages me most is that if you look at his numbers from 2007 to 2008, he took a big leap forward in efficiency and reducing interceptions. Why can't he build on last year and get even better? After the 2007 season, I felt that Eli was a masterpiece still being painted. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Eli top the 90 mark in QB rating this year. In fact, I kind of expect it.

He is only going into his sixth yr, it is possible.

i'm beginning to wish we still had Toomer as our number 3 or 4 WR ......just so that he could help the young guys along a bit

i know he is old and getting slow ...but 1 more season of transition with him might have been sensible ( especially with the lack of Plax )

Im sure the young kids will do well in the end .....it might just take until next year ....not this season !!!

i'm beginning to wish we still had Toomer as our number 3 or 4 WR ......just so that he could help the young guys along a bit

i know he is old and getting slow ...but 1 more season of transition with him might have been sensible ( especially with the lack of Plax )

Im sure the young kids will do well in the end .....it might just take until next year ....not this season !!!

A little more patience... Toomer is not the kind of guy who would've taken demotion well. Just too many guys in the unit that were more explosive than him at this point. I honestly think that they'll be ok. The only reason you haven't seen any numbers yet from them is because we're still in preseason, we've been running the ball a lot, and the back up QB's and offensive line have not played well enough to give the receivers a fighting chance.

A little more patience... Toomer is not the kind of guy who would've taken demotion well. Just too many guys in the unit that were more explosive than him at this point. I honestly think that they'll be ok. The only reason you haven't seen any numbers yet from them is because we're still in preseason, we've been running the ball a lot, and the back up QB's and offensive line have not played well enough to give the receivers a fighting chance.

Neither has your starting QB and starting OLine.... :rolleyes:

Eli played well in both games, the starting O-line played well in the first game, but I didn't see them play in the second game.

Oh? I saw Eli miss passes that would extend drives. A perfect example is the botched throw to an open Manningham, who ran an excellent route. Just because he's been accurate doesn't mean he played well. All about TOUCHDOWNS.