SportsWrath

Hey all you Tynes guys- how does it taste

JackStroud

I told you he could not hit a ball straight..........and a run of the mill 41 yd kick at that

Carney is/was lights out 35-45 yds

This was Coughlins biggest error ever..........dwarfs keeping the fat prision guard at MLBer

we had better not be in any squeekers this year.........without Carney we are DOOMED

mellow.gifJack, I gotta say it must take some work to be soo negative this year. I dont think Ive ever been more pumped for a up coming season. I mean, have you seen our defense????

i'm not content with being strong in one phase of the game........you need all cylinders

and commmonnnn what did this guy Tynes ever do except hit one out of 3 in GB in the ice bowl to deserve any preferential treatment whatsoever

Carney was mr automatic.........you could actually go to the toilet or get a beer when he kicked a FG

jack,

Not thinking Carney is the answer at kicker DOES NOT equate with loving Tynes.

also:

Not thinking Blackburn is the answer at MLB DOES NOT equate with loving pierce

and

Not thinking Palmer was the answer at qb DID NOT equate with loving Kerry

Tynes isn't the answer (at least not in my opinion)....not in the Meadowlands, where a strong leg could become a huge advantage.

We have an A+ punter in Feagles....I am astounded that we continue to rely on a kicker who is B- quality.

And Carney is not the answer either. He was automatic when we were burying teams, and became vulnerable when every point was needed...fuck him.

The answer is to get a young kicker that will fortify this position for years.

I'm not expecting us to find another Robbie Gould just hanging around waiting to be hired, but certainly, we can do better than what we've got right now.

Honestly, I dont think I recall Carney hitting any FG over 40 yards...actually, I dont recall him having to kick many over 38 yards. If I had to guess Id say he attempted about 5 from longer than 39 yards and hit 2 of them.

In 2008 he attempted 8 from 40 or longer, hit 6.

Interesting article on the Tynes topic:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/239574-if-lawrence-tynes-fails-as-kicker-do-the-giants-have-backup-options

Again, has the NCAA stopped producing NFL-caliber kickers? Because whenever I check this topic, it the same old list of retreads (Carney, Gramatica) that pop up for discussion.

I remember all these guys being talked about as excellent college kickers....I'm not sure who has been signed, and who is still waiting around for a call. But you'd think after watching Carney help to torpedo our season last year that someone would be making a phone call to bring these guys in for a look:

Louie Sakoda, Utah

Graham Gano, Florida State

David Buehler, USC

Sam Swank, Wake Forest

Patrick McAfee, West Virginia

Interesting article on the Tynes topic:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/239574-if-lawrence-tynes-fails-as-kicker-do-the-giants-have-backup-options

Again, has the NCAA stopped producing NFL-caliber kickers? Because whenever I check this topic, it the same old list of retreads (Carney, Gramatica) that pop up for discussion.

I remember all these guys being talked about as excellent college kickers....I'm not sure who has been signed, and who is still waiting around for a call. But you'd think after watching Carney help to torpedo our season last year that someone would be making a phone call to bring these guys in for a look:

Louie Sakoda, Utah

Graham Gano, Florida State

David Buehler, USC

Sam Swank, Wake Forest

Patrick McAfee, West Virginia

I don't know about the other guys but my boy Gano was signed by the Ravens.

Jack... nobody on this board, to my knowledge, has been happy with the Giants being content with Tynes at kicker. We keep going over this, and you keep ignoring common sense.

Honestly, I dont think I recall Carney hitting any FG over 40 yards...actually, I dont recall him having to kick many over 38 yards. If I had to guess Id say he attempted about 5 from longer than 39 yards and hit 2 of them.

Honestlyy I cannot remember Carney missing more than 2-3 all yr inside or outside the 40

I know he had a couple over 50

YOU guys OFTEN make me want to vomit with your "lets go along with anyhting the Giants decide to do" bias

if Giants managment always made the right decision we would be undefeated for the last 15 yrs LOL

More telling about Carney is the fact that he wasn't called upon to kick many 40 yard+ FG's last year. We've been over this before, I've posted stats before, and it was apparent to me that Coughlin had no confidence in him hitting for distance unless the conditions were perfect. He was near last in the NFL in 40 yard + FG's attempted last year, out of the regular kickers. So sure, the stats look good as far as percentage... 6 of 8 isn't bad. But a kicker with a stronger leg would've had a lot more chances to put points on the scoreboard than Carney.

More telling about Carney is the fact that he wasn't called upon to kick many 40 yard+ FG's last year. We've been over this before, I've posted stats before, and it was apparent to me that Coughlin had no confidence in him hitting for distance unless the conditions were perfect. He was near last in the NFL in 40 yard + FG's attempted last year, out of the regular kickers. So sure, the stats look good as far as percentage... 6 of 8 isn't bad. But a kicker with a stronger leg would've had a lot more chances to put points on the scoreboard than Carney.

Welll that makes it even as I have NO confidence in Coughlin without Spags around..........the guy who really won the trophy

Coughlin will play out his contract, make his big bucks and retire........he has no fire in his belly to win a Lombardi........he will not take risks and chances you need to win it all

Perhaps the talent on the Giants is so rich he can coach that way and win, but I seriously doubt that

what a fucking dildo. Is there anyone on other team's you'd like to post about Jackoff. I mean really, you are the worst and I mean the worst kind of fan. You focus on the wrong things and play your one note endlessly.

I'm sure every fan base has one of these and I sure enjoyed the other private board without this shit, it's just annoying. I mean really Tynes is the difference for us in the clutch when it last mattered in the game vs Green Bay in the playoffs and Jack would have you think that he can't do his job and he'll isolate an instance and overexaggerate it.

Dude, cut the shit and move on to something less Giant-loathing based.

I'm quite sure that you revel in the Jack persona you've created, but it's just kind of dumb.

It's always the next guy or the thing we don't have that Jack believes is the difference...ad nauseum.