SportsWrath

Rookie numbers.

BlueInCanada

Eisen said them on the radio today, I believe it's on the Giants site as well.

5 - Rhett Bomar

13 - Ramses Barden

22 - Andre Brown

26 - DeAndre Wright

29 - Stoney Woodson

47 - Travis Beckum

65 - William Beatty

97 - Clint Sintim

Kiwi is changing to 94.

What about Nicks?

I do enjoy the off-standard #s though for Beckum and Sintim. But I don't like Ramses being a 1# number....no need to make him that similar to Plax.

He was 11 in college wasnt he? Dont know why he didnt take his college number :P Barden must of requested it.

He said nothing about Nicks at the moment.

He was 11 in college wasnt he? Dont know why he didnt take his college number, Barden must of requested it.

He said nothing about Nicks at the moment.

Woh woh woh woh woh....11 may not be retired per se but it is untouchable.

And if ANY of you do not know why...well you are not a Giants fan.

Oh thats easy...they dont want someone with the same # twice. :P

I swear, when I bring up Phil Simms, I get teary eyed. Not because he has been our best QB, but because when my ex wife and I split up, she threw my Simms jersey in the trash. :cwy:

Bitch. :furious:

Well it was borderline heresy without knowing you were joking :P

"Kill the heretic!"

No all joking aside though he must of requested 13 in the end, I just cant see the Giants FO given him 13 :P

Maybe he remembers that Hefty Lefty was 13 and wants to bring that number back to it's former greatness when J-load was wearing it.

"Kill the heretic!"

No all joking aside though he must of requested 13 in the end, I just cant see the Giants FO given him 13 :P

Maybe he remembers that Hefty Lefty was 13 and wants to bring that number back to it's former greatness when J-load was wearing it.

Im sure it was Kurt Warners Stellar Giant career that made him want 13.

I'm sure he put that much thought in the number he wears.

Athletes put a ton of time and thought into their numbers. Thats how they are known, or it's someone they are remembering. I wore number 76 in high school because of Jumbo Elliott (even though I was a DT). ((albiet, thats a very, very, very minimal example))....Kerry Wood wear 34 because of Nolan Ryan.....Eli gave Feagles a bbq set to keep his college number...

11 is retired.

Here's the list:

1 Ray Flaherty

4 Alphonse "Tuffy" Leemans

7 Mel Hein

11 Phil Simms

14 YA Tittle

16 Frank Gifford

32 Al Blozis

40 Joe Morrison

42 Charlie Conerly

50 Ken Strong

56 Lawrence Taylor

While on the subject, anyone think Toomer or Strahan will get theirs retired? I can see Stra getting his, but even though Toomer has all the records, I don't see it happening.

11 is retired.

Here's the list:

1 Ray Flaherty

4 Alphonse "Tuffy" Leemans

7 Mel Hein

11 Phil Simms

14 YA Tittle

16 Frank Gifford

32 Al Blozis

40 Joe Morrison

42 Charlie Conerly

50 Ken Strong

56 Lawrence Taylor

While on the subject, anyone think Toomer or Strahan will get theirs retired? I can see Stra getting his, but even though Toomer has all the records, I don't see it happening.

I think both need to be retired, Stra for obvious reasons, but toomer get lost in the folds because he was Mr. Money the last few years instead o9f Mr. Huge gain.

Toomer should definitely have his retired.

Toomer should definitely have his retired.

Can't see it happening. No pro bowls, talking shit about the team before he leaves. Nah.

Actually if there was a competition to see who gets their number retired between Tiki and Amani, Tiki would win. And you know They are not going to do that either.

Strahan should be a no brainer.

Can't see it happening. No pro bowls, talking shit about the team before he leaves. Nah.

Actually if there was a competition to see who gets their number retired between Tiki and Amani, Tiki would win. And you know They are not going to do that either.

I wouldnt say he was talking shit, I think he was surprised(like myself) that the team didnt even entertain offers of him coming back. He gave all he had to this team for many years and when we didnt even bother to atleast sign him on for a vet minimum to help at the time a really weak WR core. I mean I can understand the Giants point of few just move on and not make a big mess of it but I'm just saying Toomer probably felt abit betrayed that he was being cast to the side as such.

Though I do agree Toomer wont have his number retired, I think he should be honored though somehow.

The teams all time leading receiver and career Giant who was a part of a SB championship team?? If they dont retire his # I'll be pissed.

The teams all time leading receiver and career Giant who was a part of a SB championship team?? If they dont retire his # I'll be pissed.

Prepare to be pissed then. I also doubt his number will be retired. Beside his behavior at the end of his time with the Giants, you also have to consider that they have already retired a LOT of numbers. I'd think you'd have to be a HoFer to get your # retired these days, which is why I think Strahan is in particular a lock.

Leading receiver on the Giants is not a big deal Blue when you think about it. Name a big time receiver with the Giants in the last 25 years?. leading receiver on the Colts/49ers/Cowboys would be a much bigger deal. Big time, and that wasn't a tight end. He was also part of a losing SB team also.

And if you retire his number, you need to go back and retire quite a few numbers. Carson/Banks/hampton/Armstead/Tiki/ Ron Dayne(oops).

Athletes put a ton of time and thought into their numbers. Thats how they are known, or it's someone they are remembering. I wore number 76 in high school because of Jumbo Elliott (even though I was a DT). ((albiet, thats a very, very, very minimal example))....Kerry Wood wear 34 because of Nolan Ryan.....Eli gave Feagles a bbq set to keep his college number...

Didn't Plax have to buy Feagles a new kitchen for #17 too?

I wouldnt say he was talking shit, I think he was surprised(like myself) that the team didnt even entertain offers of him coming back. He gave all he had to this team for many years and when we didnt even bother to atleast sign him on for a vet minimum to help at the time a really weak WR core. I mean I can understand the Giants point of few just move on and not make a big mess of it but I'm just saying Toomer probably felt abit betrayed that he was being cast to the side as such.

Though I do agree Toomer wont have his number retired, I think he should be honored though somehow.

In a sense, he was talking shit. Basically implying there was a conspiracy against him to cut his playing time. I'm sorry but this is pro football. The best players see the field, because the best players give you the best chance to win. He may not believe it, but his best is behind him and he's now an average to sub-par wr.

yeah until carsons 53 is retired i dont wanna see any other number retired.

I agree with this. Harrys' # needs to be retired before anyone elses. I still think Toomer should have his retired.

But Lubeck brings up a good point, they cant retire EVERY #, there'd be nothin left!