SportsWrath

So...

Sephiroth

So between Hixon, Smith, Manningham, Moss, Tyree, Barden, and Nicks, Here's how I see it panning out:

WR - Hixon ...cuz he can get open deep, and I feel he'll be really good if he can get rid of the dropsies.

Flanker - Smith... he's a smaller Amani Toomer, but again, drops a few now and then... like in the Super Bowl. But he just seems to have that feel for where the sticks are, and gets you the 11 you need on third-and-10.

Slot Receiver - I'm going with Nicks. I'm REALLY high on him and think eventually he'll settle into an Anquan Bolden/Michael Irvin type role. Yeah, I wanted Britt at first too, but upon further review, Nicks catches EVERYTHING thrown his way, seems to be a bit more physical, and I'll bet ends up as less of a head case than Britt will be.

4th receiver - Gonna go Dark Horse here and say... Moss. Yep, THAT Moss... not the one in New England. Why Sinorice? Well, he's in a contract year first of all, he's had trouble breaking the starting lineup behind Amani, Plax and co, and with a rookie year cut short by injuries, he's technically in that "magical third year" where receivers are supposed to hit their stride. Also, he's the only guy on the roster that has both breakaway speed and Barry Sanders/Dave Meggett style moves. I think he shocks the world this year and puts together a pretty good season.

I think Barden comes in for fade routes (his specialty, apparently) and Manningham continues to develop... also, we're prolly gonna pick up a vet to teach the younger guys (maybe Harrison?) and get rid of Tyree, unfortunately.

In any event, it'll be interesting to see who steps up this season. Go Blue!

So between Hixon, Smith, Manningham, Moss, Tyree, Barden, and Nicks, Here's how I see it panning out:

WR - Hixon ...cuz he can get open deep, and I feel he'll be really good if he can get rid of the dropsies.

Flanker - Smith... he's a smaller Amani Toomer, but again, drops a few now and then... like in the Super Bowl. But he just seems to have that feel for where the sticks are, and gets you the 11 you need on third-and-10.

Slot Receiver - I'm going with Nicks. I'm REALLY high on him and think eventually he'll settle into an Anquan Bolden/Michael Irvin type role. Yeah, I wanted Britt at first too, but upon further review, Nicks catches EVERYTHING thrown his way, seems to be a bit more physical, and I'll bet ends up as less of a head case than Britt will be.

4th receiver - Gonna go Dark Horse here and say... Moss. Yep, THAT Moss... not the one in New England. Why Sinorice? Well, he's in a contract year first of all, he's had trouble breaking the starting lineup behind Amani, Plax and co, and with a rookie year cut short by injuries, he's technically in that "magical third year" where receivers are supposed to hit their stride. Also, he's the only guy on the roster that has both breakaway speed and Barry Sanders/Dave Meggett style moves. I think he shocks the world this year and puts together a pretty good season.

I think Barden comes in for fade routes (his specialty, apparently) and Manningham continues to develop... also, we're prolly gonna pick up a vet to teach the younger guys (maybe Harrison?) and get rid of Tyree, unfortunately.

In any event, it'll be interesting to see who steps up this season. Go Blue!

If we bring in a vet that means we'll have 7 receivers, even with Tyree being cut. To me, it's highly unlikely they are carrying that many receivers. I don't think there is a place on the team for a Harrison, even though he would be a valued coach to these young guns. I think Smith and Tyree, if he's there, need to step up and be strong mentors.

One thing I know is that anytime we are in the "green" zone, as TC likes to call it, Barden will be on the field! As for who the starters will be? I think Nicks is going to start week one alongside Smith with Hixon in the slot. I really do. It's going to be an interesting camp and exhibition season.

I agree with you that there is a more than fair possibility that Tyree will get cut... even though he has been our best ST'er historically, and we could use him. They could still let Moss go, however, and I think it's 50-50 between them. A lot will ride on Tyree being completely healthy again. If he is and is back to the shape and ability he was pre-injury last year, I think they HAVE to cut Moss. Moss is too similar to Manningham, and he's smaller, is not valuable on specials, and frankly Manningham has shown more ability with his opportunities than Moss.

Another thing to watch is the RB competition. You know that it's going to be B-Jac and Bradshaw 1 and 2, but there is going to be a dogfight for the #3 between Ware and Andre Brown. Perhaps 4 RB's make the final 53 but that will also be tough. It might be easier to put Brown on the practice squad than Ware at this point.

Im eager to see what Manningham can do this yr.

I said it earlier, I think Manningham is going to surprise us. Giants staff have been talking this kid up in the offseason.

I don't care what Sinorice might have done last season, over his career he's been completely underwhelming.

I'm calling it now, Tree!

You're gonna eat your words! :pimp:

I'm so sure of it... I'll bet you a dollar.

I'll bet you one American dollar that Sinorice Moss is NOT at #4 on the Giants WR depth chart once the final 53 man roster is released.

I'll bet you one American dollar that Sinorice Moss is NOT at #4 on the Giants WR depth chart once the final 53 man roster is released.

Consider it a handshake.

Had to edit... you know... for when Sinorice Moss takes the world by storm, starts as our #1 and catches 100 passes for 1600 yards and 12 TDs.