Wang is rubbish

Wang's career ERA month by month

April - 4.60

May - 4.32

June - 3.69

July - 2.86

August - 3.81

September - 3.71

He's a sinkerballer pitching in cold weather, he'll be ok.

youre right, he is notoriously a slow starter...like many sinkerballers, the warm weather helps them by fatigue. Right now he is probably overthrowing the ball becuase his arm is so fresh from not pitching in a very long time(his 08 season ended in June). Sinker ball pitchers are better when their arms are a little worn...hence the case with Wang. He will be fine. Im not concerned. I actually expected him to get shellacked early this season becuase he hasnt pitched in so long and he would be overthrowing.

youre right, he is notoriously a slow starter...like many sinkerballers, the warm weather helps them by fatigue. Right now he is probably overthrowing the ball becuase his arm is so fresh from not pitching in a very long time(his 08 season ended in June). Sinker ball pitchers are better when their arms are a little worn...hence the case with Wang. He will be fine. Im not concerned. I actually expected him to get shellacked early this season becuase he hasnt pitched in so long and he would be overthrowing.

I'm pretty sure he was getting the ball up to 95mph before. He's only throwing about 92 now.

I'm pretty sure he was getting the ball up to 95mph before. He's only throwing about 92 now.

velocity has nothing to do with what I mean by over throwing. When a pitcher is over throwing, his velocity usually remains the same or gets even lower. The tend to hold on to the ball longer or squeeze the ball harder. And Ive never seen Wang hit 95 before mid/late June.

Wang will be fine. I've seen him get knocked around before when he's getting the ball up and the sinker aint'a sinkin. But he always gets back on track and becomes one of the toughest and most reliable pitchers the Yanks have had in years. Even Ron Guidry got knocked around on three occasions when he went 25/3 - I know, I witnessed one of the 3 losses when everyone was teeing off on him.

The best pitchers in the world get hammered on occasion - just like the whole game of baseball....where if you win a handful more games than you lose, voila!, you go to post season.