SportsWrath

My 2nd annual attempt at a Mock Draft

Virginia Giant

Allstarjim has me convinced. Sounds awesome and if he's not we can call him Guano!

Where do you think he'll be picked?

I think recently the first kickers taken in drafts were around the 5th round. I wouldn't get my hopes up about the Giants taking any kicker, though, because they've already said they are planning on going with Tynes next year and Feagles has already committed to 2009 as well, I do believe. It's just something the Giants don't do... that is drafting kickers!

My draft goes as follows:

1st: WR

2nd: K

3rd: P

4th: TE

5th: RB

6th: WR

7th: WR

then we'll be set

No LB's and no way is kicker and punter gonna be 2nd and 3rd round selections unless you are being sarcastic i would love two LB's in round two one for the strongside like Sintim one to eventually take the place of Pierce, Laurinaitis could fall reminisent of Dan Connor last year.

My draft goes as follows:

1st: WR

2nd: K

3rd: P

4th: TE

5th: RB

6th: WR

7th: WR

then we'll be set

Three WR's in 7 picks????

We've already got a glut of WR's and if we draft three, they'll just end up getting cut. If we keep even one new WR, someone who has been being honed for the job will have to be cut.

Here's the problem: If the top two or three WR's are already off the board and the no. 1 CB or no. 1 Safety or the top middle linebacker is still on the board, the Giants will not pass on picking up the "Best Available Player", and that could be anyone that didn't get sucked up in the early picks from defensive backs to tight ends.

The Giants always go with the "BAP" on the board rather than drafting to fill a hole.....at least in the early rounds......and of course, there was that one anomaly when they really wanted Eli no matter what it took to get him.

So, with that in mind it's:

1st: BAP

1st (2nd rounder): BAP

2nd (2nd rounder): likely a small school player expected to go later (ala, Umenyora, Jacobs, Phil Simms, etc.)

3rd: anybody's guess

It seems the Giants always go heavy on defense and light on offensive players in the draft. However, with so many new defensive players added to the roster before draft day, I suspect the Giants will be heavy on offensive players for a change.

Regardless.....the team is so fixed with starters and even backups that it would be really rare if any of the drafted players by the Giants becomes a starter this season. These guys are destined to be on the bench while learning the game.....barring injuries (knock on wood) of a starter or two of course.

I would still agree. Although we would never draft that mnay WR's esp. when we already have a bunch, but the first 5 aint too bad.

I think we could draft two Hakeem Nicks,Kenny Britt and Ramses Barden are the three i've heard mentioned maybe two out of those three, even though Nicks and Britt may not be there by the 29th Pick which means we could we get a Brian Robiskie with the 45th and Ramses Barden later

This mock is about how I see it going down.

http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

That mock had Matthew Stafford going # 17 with Detroit picking Aaron Curry and Brandon Pettigrew with their 2 first round picks.... er... not happening. Interesting read though, has the Giants getting Darius Heyward-Bey in the first and says that is a value pick.

If you like mock drafts, go to: 228 Mock Drafts (or more)

By the way, according to KFFL, Giants have scheduled a meeting with Ramses Barden (67 receptions, 1,257 yards and 18 touchdowns as a senior and has at least 131 yards and a touchdown in every game this season). It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the Giants took this 6'6" WR because they always like to take one guy from a small school (1AA) in the draft that tends to become a star in the NFL. Then we get to hear Kipper say how stupid it was for us to burn an early pick on a guy who could've been gotten two rounds later. Remember the ridicule we took from Kipper for drafting Osi too early? Or the abuse Kipper gave the Giants for taking Shianco? We can expect the same from Kipper this year. Thankfully, the Giants prove Kipper to be an idiot and wrong everytime.

No LB's and no way is kicker and punter gonna be 2nd and 3rd round selections unless you are being sarcastic i would love two LB's in round two one for the strongside like Sintim one to eventually take the place of Pierce, Laurinaitis could fall reminisent of Dan Connor last year.

I was kidding since everyone is high on receivers for this draft

Glad one of realized it. :TU:

All I can say is it will be an interesting draft since there are very few holes to fill.

its nice to finally root again for a Giants team that has so few holes...it makes the draft less suspensful, but then again after the draft you aren't saying, "why the fuck did they draft Ron Dayne again?"

If you like mock drafts, go to: 228 Mock Drafts (or more)

By the way, according to KFFL, Giants have scheduled a meeting with Ramses Barden (67 receptions, 1,257 yards and 18 touchdowns as a senior and has at least 131 yards and a touchdown in every game this season). It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the Giants took this 6'6" WR because they always like to take one guy from a small school (1AA) in the draft that tends to become a star in the NFL. Then we get to hear Kipper say how stupid it was for us to burn an early pick on a guy who could've been gotten two rounds later. Remember the ridicule we took from Kipper for drafting Osi too early? Or the abuse Kipper gave the Giants for taking Shianco? We can expect the same from Kipper this year. Thankfully, the Giants prove Kipper to be an idiot and wrong everytime.

I have my doubts about Barden, but as long as they don't burn a picker higher than a 4th on him, I guess it is fine. Another big target I like is Greg Carr out of FSU.

His numbers are really week but the 'Noles spread the ball around a lot. He is also 6'6" and could prove to be a late round gem with some coaching.

Edit -