SportsWrath

Who actually believed McNabb could tie it up....

BurnThePhilFans

I don't know...overall I think his receivers are worse than ours....that one kid Jackson(?) does more celebrating than holding onto the ball. And I think Mickey played balls out during the second half. He is very streaky and a fair to good quarterback. IMHO.

I know I'm a total homer for saying this, but honestly, I think the Giants would have beaten the Cards.

100% agreed... I was just thinking... if either Tampa didn't blow it vs Oakland we would have faced a Minnesota or Bucs team in the divisional round followed by Arizona... I would have liked our chances... Even the Eagles matchup though - we should have won.

only idiots blame mcnabb for this loss

100% correct. Getting Warner to cough up the ball just once could have made a huge difference this game. The Eagles defense did not do it. Some run blocking may have actually helped McNabb as well. They couldn't do that either.

100% correct. Getting Warner to cough up the ball just once could have made a huge difference this game. The Eagles defense did not do it. Some run blocking may have actually helped McNabb as well. They couldn't do that either.

another key factor......mcnabb was the 2nd leading rusher on the team having only 14 yards less than westbrook's 45 total rush yards.

only idiots blame mcnabb for this loss

Only an idiot running an incorrect route would have managed to catch his errant throws. He didn't have the benefit of the Meadowlands wind to blow his passes back on-target.

I give Joe Buck and Troy Aikman credit for pointing out his accuracy issues....well-called broadcast, really.

Only an idiot running an incorrect route would have managed to catch his errant throws. He didn't have the benefit of the Meadowlands wind to blow his passes back on-target.

I give Joe Buck and Troy Aikman credit for pointing out his accuracy issues....well-called broadcast, really.

the dog is going to make an assumption that this statement is actually an attempt at humor.

mcnabb missed some key throws, but as always, the issue with the eagles was not committing to the ground game...when they needed to settle things down in the first half, they didn't committ or have the ability to run and get some consistency on the ground. when you have to rely on your QB to make every play, you leave yourself open for too many 3 and outs. mcnabb missed some plays, but overall, it was the inability to run that cost this team...that and the fact that johnson was outcoached in the first half...

Bingo- I predicted that the dome would spell the eagles doom, but i thought it would be the Metrodome. Somehow, they got past that but they are definitely a bad weather team.

Bingo- I predicted that the dome would spell the eagles doom, but i thought it would be the Metrodome. Somehow, they got past that but they are definitely a bad weather team.

without doing the research, the dog is pretty sure they probably have had just as much success playing in good weather as they have in bad...they may manage poor weather better than others, but they really aren't a "bad weather team"...there system doesn't even favor bad weather...

without doing the research, the dog is pretty sure they probably have had just as much success playing in good weather as they have in bad...they may manage poor weather better than others, but they really aren't a "bad weather team"...there system doesn't even favor bad weather...

fetch the research, dog- then get back to me- they are not built for fast tracks for sure.

fetch the research, dog- then get back to me- they are not built for fast tracks for sure.

no research necessary to know that the eagles are not a grind it out power football team that typically thrives in bad weather...you know, being a pass 60% of the time type of team...

the dog never understood the "bad weather" team thing...or when fans say, well, we beat the broncos or the steelers or the patriots in the snow which is "their weather"...if you polled the broncos players and asked them which what type of weather they prefer, the dog is quite certain that the majority of bronco players, like any team, would rather play in overcast, dry, 65 degree weather over a snow storm...same is true of the eagles...

he got Hof numbers. the guy would be a amazing if had a good receiver

can't ignore that...look at his numbers the first year with a legit WR (owens)...it's always funny that the same people that want to blast mcnabb would turn around and laugh at the eagles receiving core for so long...doesn't add up to the dog - you can't have one of the worst receiving corps in the past and still have the success he has had...

he got Hof numbers. the guy would be a amazing if had a good receiver

He's a good qb no doubt.... Not HOF numbers in my opinion and doesn't get it done in the big games. Also, I question his training and commitment to conditioning somewhat. Everyone has seen him tire out at times. He had to let the clock run down to the 2 minute mark in the first Giants game because he was too tired to get another play off. He has put on weight throughout his career and I question his commitment to busting it in the weight room. Add that to the fact that he likes to talk a big game and dance around and I can see why alot of people (including Eagles fans) are ready to start from scratch.

no research necessary to know that the eagles are not a grind it out power football team that typically thrives in bad weather...you know, being a pass 60% of the time type of team...

the dog never understood the "bad weather" team thing...or when fans say, well, we beat the broncos or the steelers or the patriots in the snow which is "their weather"...if you polled the broncos players and asked them which what type of weather they prefer, the dog is quite certain that the majority of bronco players, like any team, would rather play in overcast, dry, 65 degree weather over a snow storm...same is true of the eagles...

not a grind it out power game, mr. csonka. a crisp short passing game is what they do have that makes them able to perform in wind. oh and a good defense.

He's a good qb no doubt.... Not HOF numbers in my opinion and doesn't get it done in the big games. Also, I question his training and commitment to conditioning somewhat. Everyone has seen him tire out at times. He had to let the clock run down to the 2 minute mark in the first Giants game because he was too tired to get another play off. He has put on weight throughout his career and I question his commitment to busting it in the weight room. Add that to the fact that he likes to talk a big game and dance around and I can see why alot of people (including Eagles fans) are ready to start from scratch.

unless he falls of the face of the earth he has better numbers then aikman and young. payton doesnt win big games either but hell be in the hof. mcnabb is putting up these numbers with out a true number one Wr. the one year he did he ended up in the Superball

He has only thrown for 20+ touchdowns in 5 years out of his 10 year career.... Eli is already 4 for 4. That caught my eye.

look a little closer and the dog is sure you would see that those were the only years he started all 16 games...and of the seasons he did not, he had multiple years of 18 or 19 tds...his td-int ratio far exceeds mannings...

not a grind it out power game, mr. csonka. a crisp short passing game is what they do have that makes them able to perform in wind. oh and a good defense.

so bad weather only relates to the wind? the dog would argue that in strong winds, it is better to run a power game than to throw at all...but, if you would rather throw first in high winds, well then, you go for it...