SportsWrath

Tom Coughlin on WFAN with Francessa

Fatcessa: "So Tom why did you pass the ball 3 times on 1st and 5 when you just ran for 34 yards on 3 carries?"

Tom: "So Mike are you that fucking annoying that Dog left Sirius satellite radio and a radio program that no one will listen to?"

Fatcessa: "Don't talk to me like that....don't you know that I think I am more important then the athletes I cover in this town?"

Tom: "That is true"

Fatcessa: "Now...Tom...who do like in the 4th race at Yonkers?"

bottom line is this. If plax can play I want him here to, but if all 52 men on that roster and the coach and GM are all not in agreement, then its time to move on. We saw last year what being a team is all about and we are seeing it in Philly now, you either are all in agreement or you are not.

My guess is that Plax gets a suspended 4-6 month prison sentence, he can play in 09 and Goodell suspends him 4 games, possibly 8. So imo we have to look ahead to being without him.

Considering Eli threw 1 TD after Plax was gone, that is a very odd thing to say. :confused:

All preseason all I heard was how good and deep our wr group was... I never agreed with that and sure enough after Plax went out, we had a bunch of 2nd tier wrs running around. Steve Smith is awesome, but it comes with the territory of playing the slot position that you are not going to be a primary threat and put up huge numbers unless your named Wes. Hixon could be a solid number 2 but other than that we got nobody! Toomer looks done, Moss is a bust, Manningham who knows his story - Im shocked he didn't impress enough to atleast get a little more time. Tyree has never proven himself as a starting wr.... This is a problem. Eli can't do shit if he doesn't have anyone to throw to. This wr draft history that has seen the likes of Tim Carter, Sinorice Moss, Mario Manningham, Ron Dixon, etc etc... needs to change. Why are we missing out on the Greg Jennings, the Eddie Royals, the Deshaun Jacksons?

Considering Eli threw 1 TD after Plax was gone, that is a very odd thing to say. :confused:

Why?. If the Giants were able to explore the possibility of getting a free agent wide receiver in the offseason, why would you want to commit to bringing Plax back or even talk about entertaining the idea. I think Coughlin handled it right frankly and I wish Reese would do the same.

I thought Coughlin did a good job with the interview. He's known for long drawn out answers, but it's pretty harmless.

"Tom can you explain why the team threw 3 straight passes on first and 25 inside of 2 minutes to the half with the Eagles only having one timeout and not being able to get another possession if you ran the ball twice"

"Well Kevin Gilbride likes to catch teams off guard. He likes to abandon our strengths. We feel we can really do damage by throwing the ball on every first down and catching teams off guard - especially when there are hurricane like winds in games"

I think the issue is we need a guy with gamechanging speed. Getting a 6'5 guy would be nice but it's not the priority. We need a gamebreaker.

Hixon and Moss are pretty fast. I would argue we need a big target more than we need a fast guy. I would like both in one WR, but then you may need to draft one in the first round! More to the point, I think we need 2 guys... a gamebreaker AND a big target. Say, Louis Murphy AND Kenny Britt! The WR corps needs a makeover, that is for sure. I would welcome Plax back but remold the rest of my WR corps as if he was going to get suspended again for a significant period.

Hixon and Moss are pretty fast. I would argue we need a big target more than we need a fast guy. I would like both in one WR, but then you may need to draft one in the first round! More to the point, I think we need 2 guys... a gamebreaker AND a big target. Say, Louis Murphy AND Kenny Britt! The WR corps needs a makeover, that is for sure. I would welcome Plax back but remold the rest of my WR corps as if he was going to get suspended again for a significant period.

Kenny Britt is as fast as a snail... I'm not a fan.

I sort of agree...I don't believe our WR corps needs a makeover...but I do feel like we need a big target that can bail Eli Manning out...Smith and Hixon are going to be great. Moss never gets any playing time and neither does Manningham.