SportsWrath

I Am Very Disappointed Most Especially With The Giants STHers and Fanbase

nosebleedjints

All season I have been amazed at listening to wfan and being on the fringes of the tri state area at UCONN at how little buzz there has been on the Giants.

More often than not callers on wfan care more about baseball or the "supposed" number two team in town, the Jets and Brett Favre, than the Giants.

For a team on an exceptional run, I really didn't see much Giants paraphinalia this year as I know I would see if the Skins/Cowboys/or Eagles won it all.

In CT I see tons of Yankees/Red Sox/Celtics...that's right...more Celtics than Giants.

Further, the Giants didn't really have that Steeler/Eagle like invasion of other stadiums.

The worst offense though, and I am not too surprised, came today.

You could clearly tell there were tons of Eagles fans at Giants Stadium.

Completely unacceptable.

I heard all kinds of whinning about PSLs...well maybe it will get the old farts who sell their seats and don't make noise out of the house, because this was absurd.

I'm sure I'll hear the excuses of "well the Eagles are really on a roll and have pumped up their base" or "it's the economy" but since when has a number one seed, defending champion, been owned like this in their own house?

You could not avoid seeing patches of green EVERYWHERE...and I heard FLY Eagles FLY chants were all over post game.

I remember in 2006 when the Giants played the playoffs in Philly...you heard a pindrop when the Giants scored.

Ok fine...Philly is a dump where you risk your life rooting for the road team.

But how on Earth does the alleged number one team of New York, the one seed, in the nation's biggest market, at home after a bye with number seed allow at least 10,000 Eagle fans to flock in on short notice unless quite simply Giants ticket holders are weak/greedy/fickle sell outs who nobody is afraid of?

This just goes to prove to me that New York is a baseball town tried and true and football in New York=baseball in Philadelphia.

I don't want to hear about Boston and Patriot fans being front runners...New York had no excuse for an invasion of this sort in the regular season much less playoffs.

This just is not that good a football town or base.

You'd expect this from Atlanta, but not big market, old school New York.

I laughed at YOU Giant fans last year calling Boston a fickle, bandwagon football town.

Let me tell you I have lived by DC and in Boston.

If the Skins won the super bowl and were the number one seed...you would NOT have seen this crowd of road fans.

In Boston...the Pats are constantly talked about on Weei...on WFAN all I hear is baseball/jets/giants/cowboys.

If anything would have me ditch the Giants for the Pats...it's the fact I hate rooting for a team that plays in a big market that has been around for 80 years which has SUCH fickle fans.

10,000+ Eagle fans.

Really guys....are you serious?

Whatda football town we got.

I can pretty much guarantee there weren't 10,000 eagles fans at Giants Stadium.

Why don't YOU go to the games then? Jesus Christ.

Don't defend our STHolders.

There were EASILY 10,000 Eagle fans...and frankly that might be an underestimate.

I'm trying to remember the last time any self respecting fanbase had THAT many road fans for a playoff game much less the DEFENDING champs who are the one seed in the number one US market?

Don't we have a list of 20,000 for STHs....where's the loyalty amongst our ticket holders and our fanbase?

There were EASILY 10,000 Eagle fans...and frankly that might be an underestimate.

I'm trying to remember the last time any self respecting fanbase had THAT many road fans for a playoff game much less the DEFENDING champs who are the one seed in the number one US market?

Don't we have a list of 20,000 for STHs....where's the loyalty amongst our ticket holders and our fanbase?

Again, if their were 10,000 Eagle fans at the game, I'm positive the T.V. broadcast would have mentioned

it.

Again, why don't YOU go to any of the games? Answer the question?

I'm number 114872 on the waitlist for GIANTS season tickets. :)

I bought into season tickets, 2 years ago...from another STH. I was 4 rows from the top, about mid field. The owners, supposed "friends" of my friend, sold them to us for OVER face value and made us take a preseason game--for which we paid over face value. No doubt these people were old, and only went to certain games--fair weather, most likely. Everyone around us was OVER 65 and left in the 3rd quarter. That is what you have in your stands. OLD, GREEDY too worried about the traffic to stick out one of 8 games on the schedule.

Ebay and stub hub look good to an old person who is not into sitting in the cold to root on their team. <_<

I bought into season tickets, 2 years ago...from another STH. I was 4 rows from the top, about mid field. The owners, supposed "friends" of my friend, sold them to us for OVER face value and made us take a preseason game--for which we paid over face value. No doubt these people were old, and only went to certain games--fair weather, most likely. Everyone around us was OVER 65 and left in the 3rd quarter. That is what you have in your stands. OLD, GREEDY too worried about the traffic to stick out one of 8 games on the schedule.

Ebay and stub hub look good to an old person who is not into sitting in the cold to root on their team. <_>

I'm number 51,532 on the waiting list and I've bought numerous tickets using the Ticket Exchange

program. But then I could bitch about the fans of the opposing teams in Giants Stadium while I sit

on my couch and watch the game.

All I can say is that my Old Man would tell me stories of the old NY Dodgers and NY Baseball Giants and that if you made the mistake of cheering in the wrong ballpark you risked getting your ass kicked. If you were in the opposing stadium and the home team was losing you better sit on your hands or have your shoulders broken. But even if there were no Egals lovers present....what can a fan do when the coaching staff hand a game away and Eli forgets how to tighten up a spiral? We lost a game we should have won...that is the main issue.

Again, if their were 10,000 Eagle fans at the game, I'm positive the T.V. broadcast would have mentioned

it.

Again, why don't YOU go to any of the games? Answer the question?

Hmmm....maybe because I don't LIVE nearby...and frankly...this isn't a small market....a defending super bowl team who is the top seed playing the biggest market that has been around EIGHTY years should NOT have a problem filling seats with their own base.

Answer my question...why is it 2006 when the Giants played in Philly for the playoffs...there were NO Giants fans...yet at this game there were TONS?

Go read on BBI the posts from those who went http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index...p;thread=321661

Hmmm....maybe because I don't LIVE nearby...and frankly...this isn't a small market....a defending super bowl team who is the top seed playing the biggest market that has been around EIGHTY years should NOT have a problem filling seats with their own base.

Answer my question...why is it 2006 when the Giants played in Philly for the playoffs...there were NO Giants fans...yet at this game there were TONS?

Go read on BBI the posts from those who went http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index...p;thread=321661

Who gives a fuck

Ebay and stub hub look good to an old person who is not into sitting in the cold to root on their team. <_<

Yep...I've seriously considered before dumping the Giants for this reason alone.

It's pathetic that a New York team gets this lack of support.

I like the Yankees and Rangers...and they don't have this problem...just the Giants.

New York=baseball town and Jets town.

Sad.

Can't you just go away, seriously.

the term who gives a fuck can't be used enough in this dumbass thread. Everyone reading this thread is now

dumber for reading this, we award you no points...and may god have mercy on your soul.

Oh and plenty of people from Connecticut and Rhode Island go to Giants games, so your "I live too far away"

theory is complete bullshit.

My guess is that you were picked last in gym class, correct?

Yep...I've seriously considered before dumping the Giants for this reason alone.

I like the Yankees and Rangers...and they don't have this problem...just the Giants.

Sad.

Please dump the Giants, seriously, if you're so ashamed, just head back up to DC and get on the Skins wagon.

Sad.

Please go dump them and go root for another team. I am pleading with you to do so. You are an embarrassment and would be better off anyway. Trent go root for another team, please, we are begging you.

Feel free. If you're biggest problem has to do with percentages of fans in the stands and NOT the fact the team lost a playoff game to an arch-rival, then you're not much of a fan to begin with.

Can't you just go away, seriously.

the term who gives a fuck can't be used enough in this dumbass thread. Everyone reading this thread is now

dumber for reading this, we award you no points...and may god have mercy on your soul.

Oh and plenty of people from Connecticut and Rhode Island go to Giants games, so your "I live too far away"

theory is complete bullshit.

My guess is that you were picked last in gym class, correct?

I don't live in CT full time...I'm down in VA.

You sure talk tough online...maybe you were picked last in gym.