SportsWrath

I Am Very Disappointed Most Especially With The Giants STHers and Fanbase

nosebleedjints

It's not my biggest problem...but it's certainly one of the more disappointing ones...and it has been an ongoing theme all year.

I thought the Giants ruled NFL in New York....it seems to me New York=baseball and Jets.

2 million people showed their support on a cold winter day last February, most missing work or school. How's that for a fanbase?

You can't control who other people sell their tickets to, and since NY is the biggest market, it's safe to say the percentage of people from other cities, states, countries living in the NYC area are greater than in most other markets. You can't label an entire fanbase because some people sold their tickets to the wrong color jersey. They own the tickets and it's their right to do whatever they want with them.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Ask JR, Bronx, Fishgut, Plow, Blue Jeans, xxi-xxv-xlii (whom I bought a Giants ticket off of), Gateb, Blunatic, VG and a whole host of others and they will tell you. By all means if you want the link, I will gladly PM it to you.

I'll vouch for you, too, even though I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about.

msg is not a big pace. it's pretty easy to sell that place out, and real hockey fans are extremely loyal. im talking about casual fans--i can't tell you how many rangers stanley cup t-shirts i saw on people who didnt even folow sports when i was 12. it was pretty sickening. this town will always have a ton of front runners.

the giants have a bigger base than the jets, but remember the jets have long island which has a ton of people and, more importantly, a ton of young people on it. younger people make up a bigger percentage of the jets fan base than younger people make up the giants fan base. just go to a giants home game and a jets home game (i've been to both) and look around you--it's like night and day.

i have no idea why there is a lack of buzz on wfan. i dont drive anymore so i haven't listened to that station since september. i will tell you though that francessa doesn't root for either team and evan and joe are jet fans, and they make up like 8 hours of the daily schedule.

i haven't noticed anything in nyc--i watch the games alone in my apt and i live in hipstertown, bk so my area is not big on sports at all

Where exactly is hipstertown? I grew up in Brooklyn, right next door to a place that has become very hipsterish in recent years. Just wondering if it's the same place. If you don't want to say, it's cool, but if you tell me you ride the L train, it's the area I'm talking about.

One other thing, this idea that the town is more of a Jet town because they talk about them on WFAN more is absurd. Know why they have talked about the Jets more? Because they are a train wreck, and people love train wrecks. From the Favre thing, to the collapse of their season to the firing there is more drama there than in a daytime soap opera. The 2008 Giants, they were a bore all they did was win and radio station hosts know they can get listeners and ratings by firing up the masses. Aside from Plax there was no story to the Giants other than the fact they won. Fear not now though, after dropping a playoff game and now all the drama I spoke of will arsise you will get plenty of Giant talk this week.

Where exactly is hipstertown? I grew up in Brooklyn, right next door to a place that has become very hipsterish in recent years. Just wondering if it's the same place. If you don't want to say, it's cool, but if you tell me you ride the L train, it's the area I'm talking about.

yes we're talking about the same area. i live in greenpoint near the bedford ave L train stop

One other thing, this idea that the town is more of a Jet town because they talk about them on WFAN more is absurd. Know why they have talked about the Jets more? Because they are a train wreck, and people love train wrecks. From the Favre thing, to the collapse of their season to the firing there is more drama there than in a daytime soap opera. The 2008 Giants, they were a bore all they did was win and radio station hosts know they can get listeners and ratings by firing up the masses. Aside from Plax there was no story to the Giants other than the fact they won. Fear not now though, after dropping a playoff game and now all the drama I spoke of will arsise you will get plenty of Giant talk this week.

Good points, and all you have to do is look at this message board. Last week, not much action. Today, plenty!

You don't see that In Pittsburgh/Philly/Boston.

Just us.

One of the reason I root for New York teams is the passion and pride that comes from being a charter franchise, the tradition from a northeast city.

Sad to see we are more like fickle Washington/sunbelt teams.

The Giants played IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pittsburgh this year and there were plenty of GIANTS fans IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pittsburgh who are supposed to be the best fans in the NFL geez wonder how Giants fan got those tickets, this stuff happens with so many online ticket agencies (which they didn't have in the 80's) any Joe Smoe can get a ticket.

Yes, anyone who thinks the Jets are the big team in New York is a fool or a Jets fan. Anyone who lives here in New York could see this!!!

As a 21-year-old fan who drove around 8 hours in two days and paid 150 dollars of money I don't really have to go watch my team lose to the Eagles, I am seriously offended by this thread.

It's quite simple, there are a lot of traditional STH's who are old. They don't get loud, hell, a lot fall asleep during the game. But I went to two Giants games this year, and both times were because a STH sold me their tickets. I got great seats for a decent value.

I went because I love my team. I had a good feeling they were going to lose, but I still went and cheered my ass off. I had a great time and a lot of those old guys who don't get loud or whatever are great people to talk to who know the game really well.

And honestly, there were 5000 Eagles fans there, which is NOT bad at all considering how close PA is to NJ.

YOU EVER BEEN TO A YANKEES - RED SOX GAME?! It's always 40% full with the road team.

I cant even believe I replied to this thread again, I can feel my IQ going down.

NO WAY it is 40% Sox fans.

20% tops.

I know that for years, you could go to the VET and quite easily walk up to the ticket booth and buy game day. Since Reid came on board things have changed, but during no Giants era could you say that. Only one time for the relocated Saints game did it happen.

Then why is it the Giants NEVER seem to have ANY presence at the VET or LINC?

I find it embarassing how the Eagles rain or shine make it to the Meadowlands and we get shut out of Philly.

It really makes us look like we are WAY below the Eagles base in terms of popularity, loyalty, and support, which is pathetic for a team in the New York market.

This is NOT an expansion town.

The Giants played IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pittsburgh this year and there were plenty of GIANTS fans IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pittsburgh who are supposed to be the best fans in the NFL geez wonder how Giants fan got those tickets, this stuff happens with so many online ticket agencies (which they didn't have in the 80's) any Joe Smoe can get a ticket.

Did you go?