SportsWrath

I Am Very Disappointed Most Especially With The Giants STHers and Fanbase

nosebleedjints

Lately, that's been much better.

you take the good with the bad nose.

serious question, what matters to you more: your team winning a championship or your team being perceived as the best and most passionate fan base with a 0% opposing fan at home stadium rate?

you take the good with the bad nose.

serious question, what matters to you more: your team winning a championship or your team being perceived as the best and most passionate fan base with a 0% opposing fan at home stadium rate?

The former...but the latter is still very important.

Pride, passion, and tradition are all reasons along with winning that I like sports and choose to root for New York not sunbelt expansion teams.

Giants fans in particular seem more like Falcon fans.

I really don't get why there was so little buzz around New York this year for the Giants.

Did YOU notice that living in New York...because me being in CT and listening to WFAN sure noticed the lack of apathy/buzz for the Giants.

The Jets got more coverage on WFAN (our station) and in CT you didn't see people sporting Giants gear like Yankees apparel there or Skins in DC.

Is football/the Giants THAT unpopular...are the Jets...the expansion choking Jets...more popular?

Pride, passion, and tradition are all reasons along with winning that I like sports and choose to root for New York not sunbelt expansion teams.

I really don't get why there was so little buzz around New York this year for the Giants.

Did YOU notice that living in New York...because me being in CT and listening to WFAN sure noticed the lack of apathy/buzz for the Giants.

The Jets got more coverage on WFAN (our station) and in CT you didn't see people sporting Giants gear like Yankees apparel there or Skins in DC.

Is football/the Giants THAT unpopular...are the Jets...the expansion choking Jets...more popular?

the jets have a much younger fan base. therefore they have more energy. part of having such an old franchise that has never had a recent dynasty is that older people make up a huge part of our fanbase. the yankees fanbase was the exact same in the 80's--they never packed yankee stadium in the 80's. it wasn't until they started winning championships that the frontrunners jumped on and made that fanbase so loud and passionate.

but yeah, this is a baseball town--by far, and we have a ton of front runners too. look how many people jumped on the rangers bandwagon in '94--now no one cares about them

the jets have a much younger fan base. therefore they have more energy. part of having such an old franchise that has never had a recent dynasty is that older people make up a huge part of our fanbase. the yankees fanbase was the exact same in the 80's--they never packed yankee stadium in the 80's. it wasn't until they started winning championships that the frontrunners jumped on and made that fanbase so loud and passionate.

but yeah, this is a baseball town--by far, and we have a ton of front runners too. look how many people jumped on the rangers bandwagon in '94--now no one cares about them

That's not true about the Rangers.

They sell out every night, and going to a home game last year, that place is FULL of passion.

Second, my understanding was the Giants had a bigger base than the Jets.

In fact I was raised to believe the margin was bigger over the Jets than the Yankees over the Mets.

The Jets PROPORTIONALY have more younger fans...but overall MORE younger fans are Giants fans because the Giants are number one in the region.

Fair statement?

If so...why the lack of buzz on wfan and in apparel?

Have YOU noticed this being in NYC?

That's not true about the Rangers.

They sell out every night, and going to a home game last year, that place is FULL of passion.

Second, my understanding was the Giants had a bigger base than the Jets.

In fact I was raised to believe the margin was bigger over the Jets than the Yankees over the Mets.

The Jets PROPORTIONALY have more younger fans...but overall MORE younger fans are Giants fans because the Giants are number one in the region.

Fair statement?

If so...why the lack of buzz on wfan and in apparel?

Have YOU noticed this being in NYC?

msg is not a big pace. it's pretty easy to sell that place out, and real hockey fans are extremely loyal. im talking about casual fans--i can't tell you how many rangers stanley cup t-shirts i saw on people who didnt even folow sports when i was 12. it was pretty sickening. this town will always have a ton of front runners.

the giants have a bigger base than the jets, but remember the jets have long island which has a ton of people and, more importantly, a ton of young people on it. younger people make up a bigger percentage of the jets fan base than younger people make up the giants fan base. just go to a giants home game and a jets home game (i've been to both) and look around you--it's like night and day.

i have no idea why there is a lack of buzz on wfan. i dont drive anymore so i haven't listened to that station since september. i will tell you though that francessa doesn't root for either team and evan and joe are jet fans, and they make up like 8 hours of the daily schedule.

i haven't noticed anything in nyc--i watch the games alone in my apt and i live in hipstertown, bk so my area is not big on sports at all

You're not a fan, fans don't obsess in the manner you do. That's called being a freak.

Ask me if I give a shit what you think.

Far be it from me to care or place value on any of your opinions.

Still got a hard on for stalking me.

You're pathetic.

Fuck off asshole.

Fuck off.

That's not just in NYC...it's America dude. Americans only show support for things when it's popular and on top, that's how the majority identify themselves. "I'm better than you because the team I root for can score more points than yours." It's that way in everything. We mock people based on their political preference, fav band, fav tv show, etc.

In the last month, the Giants have won one football game. More people want to hear about Brett Favre and the firing of coaches than they do about game plans. It's that simple.

Midas is absolutely right about the Rangers and the Yanks. Rangers had problems selling out a few years ago. The Blueseaters are no more and the place is way more coporate. And he's absolutely right about the Yankees who were playing to half full stadiums in the 80's.

Ask me if I give a shit what you think.

Far be it from me to care or place value on any of your opinions.

Still got a hard on for stalking me.

You're pathetic.

Fuck off asshole.

Fuck off.

Fuck off asshole, blah, blah, you're stalking me, blah, blah, blah. How many assholes do you think were at the game today wearing Kevin Boss jersies and eating hot dogs?

Midas is absolutely right about the Rangers and the Yanks. Rangers had problems selling out a few years ago. The Blueseaters are no more and the place is way more coporate. And he's absolutely right about the Yankees who were playing to half full stadiums in the 80's.

The Rangers have NEVER had problems drawing.

They sold out for years even when they stank.

Go look up on ESPN.com their attendance from the early part of this decade when they were a joke.

I was in the blue seats...they are as passionate and everything New York sports is about.

MSG and the Rangers base is everything the Giants fickle base isn't.

I think the Yanks in the 80s was Steinny protest/fear of the Bronx.

The Rangers have NEVER had problems drawing.

They sold out for years even when they stank.

Go look up on ESPN.com their attendance from the early part of this decade when they were a joke.

I was in the blue seats...they are as passionate and everything New York sports is about.

MSG and the Rangers base is everything the Giants fickle base isn't.

I think the Yanks in the 80s was Steinny protest/fear of the Bronx.

Oh give me a fucking break. :doh:

As a 21-year-old fan who drove around 8 hours in two days and paid 150 dollars of money I don't really have to go watch my team lose to the Eagles, I am seriously offended by this thread.

It's quite simple, there are a lot of traditional STH's who are old. They don't get loud, hell, a lot fall asleep during the game. But I went to two Giants games this year, and both times were because a STH sold me their tickets. I got great seats for a decent value.

I went because I love my team. I had a good feeling they were going to lose, but I still went and cheered my ass off. I had a great time and a lot of those old guys who don't get loud or whatever are great people to talk to who know the game really well.

And honestly, there were 5000 Eagles fans there, which is NOT bad at all considering how close PA is to NJ.

YOU EVER BEEN TO A YANKEES - RED SOX GAME?! It's always 40% full with the road team.

I cant even believe I replied to this thread again, I can feel my IQ going down.

Make yourself feel better...

When the Eagles lose either to Atlanta or in the Superbowl, (which they will)...

come to PA and listen to all those diehard Eagles fans. Then you will see the true fanbase they have. :rolleyes:

Make yourself feel better...

When the Eagles lose either to Atlanta or in the Superbowl, (which they will)...

come to PA and listen to all those diehard Eagles fans. Then you will see the true fanbase they have. :rolleyes:

You mean AZ. :)

Or come down to AZ. If they lose, it'll be even more pathetic. It's already pathetic, with all the "die hard" references being used. I swear, one of the guys that says he's been suffering for 20 years, I saw him in a Cowboy jersey a couple of yrs ago. :rolleyes:

I know that for years, you could go to the VET and quite easily walk up to the ticket booth and buy game day. Since Reid came on board things have changed, but during no Giants era could you say that. Only one time for the relocated Saints game did it happen.

You mean AZ. :)

Or come down to AZ. If they lose, it'll be even more pathetic. It's already pathetic, with all the "die hard" references being used. I swear, one of the guys that says he's been suffering for 20 years, I saw him in a Cowboy jersey a couple of yrs ago. :rolleyes:

He's not lying, he has been suffering.

All season I have been amazed at listening to wfan and being on the fringes of the tri state area at UCONN at how little buzz there has been on the Giants.

More often than not callers on wfan care more about baseball or the "supposed" number two team in town, the Jets and Brett Favre, than the Giants.

For a team on an exceptional run, I really didn't see much Giants paraphinalia this year as I know I would see if the Skins/Cowboys/or Eagles won it all.

In CT I see tons of Yankees/Red Sox/Celtics...that's right...more Celtics than Giants.

Further, the Giants didn't really have that Steeler/Eagle like invasion of other stadiums.

The worst offense though, and I am not too surprised, came today.

You could clearly tell there were tons of Eagles fans at Giants Stadium.

Completely unacceptable.

I heard all kinds of whinning about PSLs...well maybe it will get the old farts who sell their seats and don't make noise out of the house, because this was absurd.

I'm sure I'll hear the excuses of "well the Eagles are really on a roll and have pumped up their base" or "it's the economy" but since when has a number one seed, defending champion, been owned like this in their own house?

You could not avoid seeing patches of green EVERYWHERE...and I heard FLY Eagles FLY chants were all over post game.

I remember in 2006 when the Giants played the playoffs in Philly...you heard a pindrop when the Giants scored.

Ok fine...Philly is a dump where you risk your life rooting for the road team.

But how on Earth does the alleged number one team of New York, the one seed, in the nation's biggest market, at home after a bye with number seed allow at least 10,000 Eagle fans to flock in on short notice unless quite simply Giants ticket holders are weak/greedy/fickle sell outs who nobody is afraid of?

This just goes to prove to me that New York is a baseball town tried and true and football in New York=baseball in Philadelphia.

I don't want to hear about Boston and Patriot fans being front runners...New York had no excuse for an invasion of this sort in the regular season much less playoffs.

This just is not that good a football town or base.

You'd expect this from Atlanta, but not big market, old school New York.

I laughed at YOU Giant fans last year calling Boston a fickle, bandwagon football town.

Let me tell you I have lived by DC and in Boston.

If the Skins won the super bowl and were the number one seed...you would NOT have seen this crowd of road fans.

In Boston...the Pats are constantly talked about on Weei...on WFAN all I hear is baseball/jets/giants/cowboys.

If anything would have me ditch the Giants for the Pats...it's the fact I hate rooting for a team that plays in a big market that has been around for 80 years which has SUCH fickle fans.

10,000+ Eagle fans.

Really guys....are you serious?

Whatda football town we got.

There was nowhere near 10,000 Eagles fans at the game and quite honestly there was less Eagles fans there for this game then any I have seen in years. I know, I have not missed an Eagles/Giants game at home since 1996.

Btw they are not getting those tickets from season ticket holders. They get them from brokers who have had blocks and blocks of seats at stadiums all around the country for years.

Again I reiterate there was not 10,000 or anywhere near that number of Eagles fans there yesterday.

It's not my biggest problem...but it's certainly one of the more disappointing ones...and it has been an ongoing theme all year.

I thought the Giants ruled NFL in New York....it seems to me New York=baseball and Jets.

Is this why the Giants have sold nearly all of their PSL's and the Jets are quietly having some serious trouble getting rid of them?

You need to get a clue.