SportsWrath

Phil Simms for NFL Commisioner

I'm starting the campaign. The guy just seems to be the most unbiased, brilliant, and fair man in football right now. I'm watching Inside the NFL and he and Jim Nantz are debating over the overtime situation. Simms thinks it should stay the way it is. Nantz brought up a playoff game the Giants lost to the Rams in overtime and mentioned that Simms never got to play in that overtime period. Simms fired right back with, "I never complained. I knew the rule and I played by the rules."

He's also the only one on that show that picked the Giants to beat the Eagles...but that's neither here nor there. When announcing for Giants games he's very professional, unlike most of the guys in the booth, who might as well be wearing team colors instead of suits.

Unfortunately he doesnt have the big $$$ behind him like Goodell...which is pretty much what the NFL is all about now a days.

[/quote/]

Goodell has no football sense, the guy is all about bullying players, sending teams to London where owners,players, coaches, fans don't want to go and nobody in London understands or wants the NFL. I have been wanting Goodell out has NFL commish pretty much since he took over for Taglibue (who i think stepped down cause he didn't want to deal with the super bowl 40 mess)

Goodell is terrible so it can't get any worse. He fines for every hit or celebration but then NFL films goes ahead uses those same fined incidents for every commercial and highlight reel. Maybe someone should send a letter to Goodell explaining what hypocrisy is because he obviously doesn't know the meaning.

Goodell is terrible so it can't get any worse. He fines for every hit or celebration but then NFL films goes ahead uses those same fined incidents for every commercial and highlight reel. Maybe someone should send a letter to Goodell explaining what hypocrisy is because he obviously doesn't know the meaning.

He would probably give them a fine :P

I'm willing to make that sacrifice in order to get some order in the league. I'm sure he'd come down on the shitty refs too.

I remember this one game...I believe it was during the runup to the first Super Bowl win for us and there was the worst referee crew ever to take the field. The referee sounded like a Ted Baxter clone high on weed. Anyway the Giants had just run a play and everyone including the opposing team knew they had a first down....Ted Baxter ref turns on the mike and says "ITS FOURTH DOWWWNNNN". In the background you can hear Simms screaming his blond head off: "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT...ITS A FIRST DOWN ASSHOLE....MEASURE IT YOU FUCK...MEASURE IT". I am on the floor dying in laughter it was too funny. Then they measure it and the Giants had it by a yard and a half...players on both sides are laughing and when the ref turns on his mike to declare a first down you hear Simms scream "LOOK AT THAT SHIT...LOOK AT THAT SHIT..." then the ref cuts his mike. Everytime I see Simms I wish someone would remember that sequence and ask him how he really felt. :P