SportsWrath

GIANTS to break another record this season

Mr. P

For the first time in league history, a team (The GIANTS) will play a team with a winning record at the time they played for 10 weeks in a row.

The last team we played with a losing record was San Fran.

Pretty Amazing actually.

We are 7-2 in those games with one left to go.

Regardless of how the season ends, I think everyone can agree that we did a very admirable job of defending our title this season.

For the first time in league history, a team (The GIANTS) will play a team with a winning record at the time they played for 10 weeks in a row.

Pretty Amazing actually.

Regardless of how the season ends, I think everyone can agree that we did a very admirable job of defending our title this season.

Oh easily, I remember seeing "prediction standings" for this year with us in fourth place in the NFC East and Dallas winning it all :LMAO:

We proved all those "experts" wrong who said the Giants only got hot at the right time during the Superbowl run and we would struggle to defend the title...well the Giants are real and we have defended the title of "Superbowl Champions" quite well this season.

Regardless of how the playoffs go, I consider this a successful season.

Pretty Amazing actually.

It's been actually quite amazing. No usual SB hang over and one of the hardest schedules in the legue and still number one in the NFC. It's a good time to be a Giants fan. :rock:

This is like the mid 80's and early 90's all over again.

This has been better than the mid 80's and early 90's. We have a very real opportunity to repeat this year, something we never had under Parcells.

Imagine if we pulled off a miracle and managed to beat the '85 Bears in the championship game. Then we had the season we had in '86.

We would have one SB before our peak, and another at our peak. This has the potential of being that scenario. We have quite a few games to play before we know for sure, but the potential is there, and we've never had it before.

If Reese keeps having good drafts (Phillips and Thomas look like they will be good/great picks), and discovers how to draft linebackers, we're going to be in good shape for quite a few years.

This is like the mid 80's and early 90's all over again.

I don't know, T... I almost feel BETTER about this team than those teams, if you can believe that.

I love all the hindsight 20/20 analysis about the Giants now. "Well, the Giants wrapped up the first seed in the NFC, as most people predicted at the beginning of the season." Really? Cuz I didn't see anyone but one guy pick them to finish better than third.

This has been better than the mid 80's and early 90's. We have a very real opportunity to repeat this year, something we never had under Parcells.

Imagine if we pulled off a miracle and managed to beat the '85 Bears in the championship game. Then we had the season we had in '86.

We would have one SB before our peak, and another at our peak. This has the potential of being that scenario. We have quite a few games to play before we know for sure, but the potential is there, and we've never had it before.

If Reese keeps having good drafts (Phillips and Thomas look like they will be good/great picks), and discovers how to draft linebackers, we're going to be in good shape for quite a few years.

LOL!!! I am sort of counting that non playoff year 1988 when the "69'ers laid down like dogs" - Phil Simms exact quote (I am sitting here watching the 49'ers lay down like dogs to the Rams). All because of asshole Walton and his bullshit wannabe's treating the last game of the season like it was some kind of SB. That was the main reason why they expanded the playoffs to six teams. Its a travesty when a 10-6 team (and they were better than their record) does not make the show. To this day Phil has undying hatred for Walsh, Montana and everything 69'er. And the 69'ers wanted no part of the Giants in the playoffs because they were the one NFC team that matched up well with them.

I don't know, T... I almost feel BETTER about this team than those teams, if you can believe that.

I love all the hindsight 20/20 analysis about the Giants now. "Well, the Giants wrapped up the first seed in the NFC, as most people predicted at the beginning of the season." Really? Cuz I didn't see anyone but one guy pick them to finish better than third.

Yeah I agree....but the 86 team was expected to steamroll the league and did precisely that. I think Parcells would have executed Landetta if he could have gotten a hold of a ref's starter gun. LOL!!! The Infamous Whiff.

The two strikes destroyed our continuity....and of course the whole Young I am Perfect/Parcells the Prostitute saga sank the Battleship Big Blue right in the fucking harbor.

LOL!!! I am sort of counting that non playoff year 1988 when the "69'ers laid down like dogs" - Phil Simms exact quote (I am sitting here watching the 49'ers lay down like dogs to the Rams). All because of asshole Walton and his bullshit wannabe's treating the last game of the season like it was some kind of SB. That was the main reason why they expanded the playoffs to six teams. Its a travesty when a 10-6 team (and they were better than their record) does not make the show. To this day Phil has undying hatred for Walsh, Montana and everything 69'er. And the 69'ers wanted no part of the Giants in the playoffs because they were the one NFC team that matched up well with them.

Yeah, but Phil needs to get over that--we left it San Fran's hands. Bottom line was we lost a game that we should have won. They didn't "owe" us anything.

I don't know why there is so much hatred for the Jests. Up until this past week, they were the only team that could make me laugh out loud with their ineptitude.

The two strikes destroyed our continuity....and of course the whole Young I am Perfect/Parcells the Prostitute saga sank the Battleship Big Blue right in the fucking harbor.

Wow, two replies for one post...lol.

You're right, we just missed the playoffs in '82, and the strike buried us in '87. Of course, we weren't exactly kicking ass with our regulars that year, either.

We don't talk about the '91 season. It's like Fight Club.

Yeah, but Phil needs to get over that--we left it San Fran's hands. Bottom line was we lost a game that we should have won. They didn't "owe" us anything.

I don't know why there is so much hatred for the Jests. Up until this past week, they were the only team that could make me laugh out loud with their ineptitude.

Wow, two replies for one post...lol.

You're right, we just missed the playoffs in '82, and the strike buried us in '87. Of course, we weren't exactly kicking ass with our regulars that year, either.

We don't talk about the '91 season. It's like Fight Club.

I give the Giants a pass in 88 because the Jets played that game with every trick with all of the stops out. Going on 4th down deep in their own end several times. Again it was as if they were playing to actually win something as opposed to spoiling for someone else. Its no coincidence that Joe Walton's name has not been heard in professional football since. CBS sure was not happy to see that backwards cap wearing miscreant running onto the field as if they had won the Super Bowl. Everyone else in the tri state area lost out except for a few bitter Jest fans and their organization.