SportsWrath

Huge props to Corey Webster...

Allstarjim

Wiffing on tackles, over or under-committing to coverage, yeah, I thought he was crap. Not quite as shitty as Bulter but shitty none-the-less.

He's young and got a lot to learn but he didn't "stink" out there in my opinion. Butler seems to lack basic techniques.

He's young and got a lot to learn but he didn't "stink" out there in my opinion. Butler seems to lack basic techniques.

I've always hated Butler...with a passion.

He has played...some what alright this year but he is showing his true colors again.

I wish we could start Phillips and Johnson(made a believer outta me this season) in the backfield.

Butler has improved this year, but his coverage skills are so lacking and he seems to be confused on how to tackle wide receivers in the open field. Johnson and Phillips have way more potential.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens Butler, because he signed a tender last year, so he's up next year. If we were to win the superbowl again, there's going to be money for him out there.

Someone mentioned in the game day thread that Butler takes the worst angles to a tackle that anyone has ever seen....does he have a depth perception issue? Or does he just suck?

I don't know what's going on but both he and Johnson seem very 'jumpy' to me. They overcommit a lot. I don't know if it has to do with the scheme but it didn't seem to be an issue once they changed to one safety deep in the second half.

Someone mentioned in the game day thread that Butler takes the worst angles to a tackle that anyone has ever seen....does he have a depth perception issue? Or does he just suck?

He is mediocre, what you see is what you get. I would not be surprised if the address his position in the draft next season.