SportsWrath

January 2, 1994- Giants-Cowboys

fringe

Just watched it on NFL NETWORK. What a great game. Simms and LT in their final season (i think) and I guess final regular season game.

This is the game that Emmitt injured his shoulder and played with pain- single handedly brought the Cowboys back in OT.

Before that, Hampton single handedly brought the Giants back in regulation.

Great crowd- where are those fans?

Also, I forgot how lousy our receivers were. I wanted to strangle Aaron Pierce thru the TV, 15 years later.

Now I'm pumped for tomorrow's game. Let's kick their ass! :flex::TU::rock:

Just watched it on NFL NETWORK. What a great game. Simms and LT in their final season (i think) and I guess final regular season game.

This is the game that Emmitt injured his shoulder and played with pain- single handedly brought the Cowboys back in OT.

Also, I forgot how lousy our receivers were. I wanted to strangle Aaron Pierce thru the TV, 15 years later.

You notice how loud it got when the cowboys won it? :brooding:

You notice how loud it got when the cowboys won it? :brooding:

yes- there were some cowboys fans there- always are. still seemed a much louder crowd.

Fucking Reeves and his play for the tie bullshit...ugh!

i don't see anything else they could have done- the receiving crew was terrible.

And no way Emmitt was not receiving massive pain killer shots every time he hit the sidelines. He really is a classless guy in person. One of the most openly disdainful of fans (even Broke Back fans) this side of Barry Bonds.

I always questioned how hurt Emmitt was that day, and yesterday did nothing to change that. How do you lift your arms up over your head to catch a ball, then walk back to the huddle as if your arm is velcroed to your side and you can't move it? Maybe it was the commentary. "He's playing with 1 arm!" I saw him using both.

Still, a great game for Emmitt. His greatness shined that day.

I always questioned how hurt Emmitt was that day, and yesterday did nothing to change that. How do you lift your arms up over your head to catch a ball, then walk back to the huddle as if your arm is velcroed to your side and you can't move it? Maybe it was the commentary. "He's playing with 1 arm!" I saw him using both.

OVERRATED.

His OLINES greatness showed that day. <_<

You hit the nail right on the head...because you remember when LT ripped his pectoral muscle? They had him in a harness where he could barely use that arm and he still played lights out one armed. But every time he came to the sidelines he almost passed out from the pain. My only regret is that no one ever got a big flush on hit on Emmitt. Too bad Harry Carson had retired years before because I think he would have out submarined Emmitt ( who always ran low to the ground to prevent just that) and creamed him head on. That would have been a beautiful sight. :)

That wasn't the game the little gay Ewok bust off a long run then turned around and waved bye to the Giants defenders is it? Thats the day i started to despise Emmitt.

No I think that was the honor Phil Simms night on MNF. MY GOD....I almost willed myself through a parallel dimension just to appear and bash his head with a hammer on that play. Talk about classless with a capital C. My hatred of the Broke Backs went from a deep red hot hatred....to a blistering white nova nimbus of pure unadulterated loathing for those bastards.

That wasn't the game the little gay Ewok bust off a long run then turned around and waved bye to the Giants defenders is it? Thats the day i started to despise Emmitt.

I remember that game, because that is also when I started to not like Emmitt. I know it was a season opener, and I'm pretty sure it was 1995.

How f-ing great was Simms? He had ZERO mobilty, made ELI look like Randall Cunningham, but the way the ball came out of his hands as he stood in that pocket as long as he could was terrific.

That drop on the Pierce seam was pathetic, but he should have been a backup if only Derek Brown drafted 3 rounds before him did not suck so bad :brooding:

Crowd was great that day, I had just turned 20 years old and we were at the game, 20 year old kids at a Giant game with no one monitoring your beer intake in the parking lot made for some good fisticuffs with 20 year old Cowboy fans, you know the ones that when I see them now I ask how the wife and kids are and if the market is fucking them too?

Those Wr's sucked, and NO ONE that DID NOT SEE LT should judge that game as LT, because that simply was a shadow of the real LT.

I will never forget that day. I was skiing all day with my father and I went into the Ski Lodge just to watch that game. I remember also eating nacho's and I remember when seeing Emmit's arms to his side and that catch, my father just looked at me and sighed. I have a lot of memories as a kid but I don't have many specific memories like this. I remember being heartbroken.

I remember that game, because that is also when I started to not like Emmitt. I know it was a season opener, and I'm pretty sure it was 1995.

It was, it was the year my son was born, I remember it well. I watched it at my grandmother in law's house, and my wifes cousin was a cowboy fan. It was torture. I despise emmitt. :brooding:

Wow. Lot's of stuff here. This game made quite an impact. People remembering what they were doing on that faithful day sounds like something you would hear on a History channel show rather than a sports message board.

I was at that game, and I assure you that I was not an obnoxious Cowboys fan. I get along with the Giants fans when I go. I was also at the game, which I believe was the following year, when Emmit pointed to the crowd when he scored.

Question: Why hate Emmitt for this? I don't hate BJ for spiking the ball against the Cowboys' clock last year. The fact that NFL players actually show emotion makes the sport so much more interesting to watch then something like baseball, for example.

Wow. Lot's of stuff here. This game made quite an impact. People remembering what they were doing on that faithful day sounds like something you would hear on a History channel show rather than a sports message board.

I was at that game, and I assure you that I was not an obnoxious Cowboys fan. I get along with the Giants fans when I go. I was also at the game, which I believe was the following year, when Emmit pointed to the crowd when he scored.

Question: Why hate Emmitt for this? I don't hate BJ for spiking the ball against the Cowboys' clock last year. The fact that NFL players actually show emotion makes the sport so much more interesting to watch then something like baseball, for example.

Emmit was not the man on those teams to hate, it was Irvin and later on Deion, not Emmitt. He was a great player.

I must say, after hearing him talk on ESPN and how truly stupid he is, I think its safe to say he might not have even known how hurt he really was. :P