SportsWrath

Should Plax be traded?

so-cal dub

should Plax be traded  

21 members have voted

1. 1. should Plax be traded

• Yes
    • No

Giants insider, Steve Sabo wrote the following....

Plax's antics fly in the face of what Tom Coughlin is trying to build here. His "me over team" attitude is wearing thin almost everywhere in the organization

The next step in the offseason will be for Plax to exit in much the same way Jeremy Shockey did. We believe they will shop Plax to the highest bidder.

Don't expect him to bring anything near to what Shockey did. NFL scouts are saying he has lost speed. We are sure you have notices he has had a hard time getting open from double-teams lately.

If Plax leaves they have Domenik Hixon waiting in the wings.

Plax is a great player and what he did for us last season with the injury speaks volumes. This year he is turning into Shockey though. Got all that money, and has a fuckit attitude. We could get a high draft pick for him, but what really would we gain?

I don't think we trade him yet. But I do think we need to start looking at ways to make him more effective.

For instance, and I know many of you will have a problem with this, make Toomer the number 4.

There's no sense in having Toomer and Steve Smith on the field at the same time.

Plax, Hixon, and Smith in 3 sets, Toomer comes in as the 4th man.

Hixon can stretch the field like no one else on the team, and that will open up opportunities for Plax and Smith.

I mentioned this before a few weeks ago and caught some flak for it.

Frankly, if we could trade Plaxico for a stud linebacker (or a draft pick that we could then use on a stud LB), I'd be all for it.

It's all a value = value proposition. Obviously, we keep him unless we can get a serious upgrade to address a team need in return.

I love the defensive system that Spags runs. But we need a guy at LB that can address the role that Kiwinuka had before Osi went down.

Stud LB + Osi returning > Plaxico.

If he cuts the shit out now, he stays. Any more shit, and this likely becomes a real discussion in the organization.

I love Plax and will always love him for his toughness last year, for catching the game-winning TD vs. Philly in overtime, and especially for the Championship game and Super Bowl TD. Shock NEVER delivered the way Plax has for us, and IMHO was WAY more of a distraction with his stupid locker room comments (out-coached, Parcells is a 'homo,' I'm a titty man; I love titties) and his on-field bullshit. But Plax has to cut out the third-grade me first shit and get with the program or he likely WILL be gone... honestly, we're so deep that we don't really need him.

Plus, Eli makes everyone around him better. The Ol Miss magic looks to be back.

I don't think we trade him yet. But I do think we need to start looking at ways to make him more effective.

For instance, and I know many of you will have a problem with this, make Toomer the number 4.

There's no sense in having Toomer and Steve Smith on the field at the same time.

Plax, Hixon, and Smith in 3 sets, Toomer comes in as the 4th man.

Hixon can stretch the field like no one else on the team, and that will open up opportunities for Plax and Smith.

Bro, I have been saying this since we saw Hix start that game that Plax was suspended. To me, this is a no brainer. Our passing game would improve big time. At the very least Toomer should be splitting time will Hix. These are the kinda things I think Gil should be seeing, and for what ever reason, just doesnt.

Bro, I have been saying this since we saw Hix start that game that Plax was suspended. To me, this is a no brainer. Our passing game would improve big time. At the very least Toomer should be splitting time will Hix. These are the kinda things I think Gil should be seeing, and for what ever reason, just doesnt.

Yeah it's funny how the obvious escapes him sometimes.

Like when you're getting 7+ yards per carry and decide to throw the ball 30 times for shits and giggles.

I'm probably Plax's biggest critic here.. basically for his antics and his "injury" ;) ;)... but I've supported him when he played like he's supposed to. After I saw his interview with Pam Oliver, I don't know.. Plax didn't come off as some hard ass me first peice of shit.. but rather someone who just fucks up once in a while. He's a grown man but has some "growing up" to do. I think he's one of those guys who need someone on the team he can really trust...

Having said that.. I'd put him up there to see what we can get for him... anything less than we got for Shockey.. no sir.

We wouldn't get anything close to equal value for Plax at this point. Just have to hope he gets past this rocky stretch and gets back with the program. Considering his history against the eagles, maybe it happens this week.

We wouldn't get anything close to equal value for Plax at this point. Just have to hope he gets past this rocky stretch and gets back with the program. Considering his history against the eagles, maybe it happens this week.

Besides, a lot of these incidents are over-hyped... so what he didn't call.. he gets disciplined just like any other employee... what's the big deal?