SportsWrath

that 87 yard drive !

UK-Giantsfan

So we pin them back on their own 13 in the 3rd Quarter in a 1 score game .......and then the Browns commit 5 or 6 penalties ! .......and get out of several 1st and 15 and 2nd and 15 situations ......and convert on 3 critical 3rd downs ....and end up scoring a TD

What worries me for the rest of the season is that our D were absolutely dreadful during this (8 minute 87 yard) drive) .

There was no pressure , Cleveland picked up all our blitzes , we were not physical , Anderson tore us apart and there were missed tackles all over the place .......total lack of intensisty and ability to adjust from our D .....i am a bit worried ...are you ?

Yeah it was an awful showing by us, but we'd all by crying a bit harder if it were a divisional game or one of our enemies.

Never the less, we can build upon it and I see us being fine. There was no glaring error beyond intensity and some coverage skills that demand an explanation. I hate it when a player, like Ross, falls or seems to fall a bit and then is just back looking at the play as it happens. That seems to be a little contrived, get up off your ass and act like you're trying to get back involved dammit.

I couldn't live with things if we did this again, but then again we've played some wounded ducks as of late and finally we played someone that played with some intensity. All that bullshit about "any given Sunday" is only true when it's put in the context of certain trends, such as teams without a loss almost always underestimate the weakest teams they play.

Now we'll have to get tougher. How? I don't know, but I'm guessing we'll see more Sam Madison, more exotic blitzing, and more RB rotation earlier in the game. We're just waiting too long there.

That was definitely the back breaker of the game. The D had no excuse for playing so poorly and if Eli didn't make critical mistakes it would have been a close game.

To me the back breaker was Gilbride calling a pass play when we were running the ball down their throats... that play ended up with an INT returned for a TD.. a 14 point turn around

To me the back breaker was Gilbride calling a pass play when we were running the ball down their throats... that play ended up with an INT returned for a TD.. a 14 point turn around

How bout starting the half with a 40 yard pass that Eli throws to the outside instead of over the middle? Granted, had the throw been there, it would have been a huge gain for Plaxico, but it just seems with Burress in, Eli forces the ball far to often to him.

Completely agree. With the way the D was playing the Giants should have played ball control and run, run ,run. As Storm pointed out with Eli's bad throw Gilbride should have clued in that Eli was going to have another one of his off days and gave the running game, which was great as usual, much more focus. Hell with three great backs to rotate there is no good reason not to have 35 - 40 run plays when Eli is struggling.

Completely agree. With the way the D was playing the Giants should have played ball control and run, run ,run. As Storm pointed out with Eli's bad throw Gilbride should have clued in that Eli was going to have another one of his off days and gave the running game, which was great as usual, much more focus. Hell with three great backs to rotate there is no good reason not to have 35 - 40 run plays when Eli is struggling.

Hell....a couple of times we were even telegraphing where we were going with the ball and who was going to carry it....and we still busted tail for 5, 6 and 7 yard runs.

Hell....a couple of times we were even telegraphing where we were going with the ball and who was going to carry it....and we still busted tail for 5, 6 and 7 yard runs.

Exactly my point. The Brones (pun intended) knew what plays we were running.. at least they knew we were running the ball and they couldn't do a damn thing about it... it was like ok.. 2nd and 2.. or 2nd and 1.. hello...

thank you I was saying the same freaking thing!! They couldn't stop the run and short passes to Steve Smith yet Gilbride decides that Monday was the game to throw deep to Burress every other play