SportsWrath

Update on Hixon and McKenzie

Lubeck

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10062008/sport...hard_132357.htm

Tucked into the Giants New York Giants ' resounding 44-6 rout of the Seahawks are two injuries that bear watching. Receiver Domenik Hixon Domenik Hixon and right tackle Kareem McKenzie Kareem McKenzie were forced off the field after suffering concussions and their status for Monday night's game in Cleveland is uncertain.

The return from suspension of Plaxico Burress would lessen the loss of Hixon.

McKenzie's replacement in the second quarter was Kevin Boothe, seldom-used third-year lineman from Cornell.

Boothe on his first play was beaten badly by Patrick Kerney, who sacked Eli Manning and forced a fumble. At least Boothe was able to pounce on the loose ball for a recovery.

Boothe was called for a holding penalty in the third quarter.

"The toughest thing as a tackle is to come into the game and those first couple of pass plays to get into that game speed," center Shaun O'Hara said.

Hixon said he felt fine and was removed as a precaution. McKenzie was not available for comment.

"I talked to him but I don't think he remembered," O'Hara cracked. "He called me Rich [seubert].

"I called him 'Uncle Phil' because I always say he looks like Phil Banks from 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' and he gave me the finger so I knew he was OK."

Glad to hear they are alright.

Boothe scared me on that first play with the sack/fumble. But when he dove on the ball all I saw was a second 7 on the jersey....I thought it was Jacobs!

I figuted Hixon was going to be fine judging by the smiles and laughs of the team physician looking him over. He got his bell rung, but that just "happens" when you're a WR.

We have been incredibly lucky when it comes to injuries so far (as long as we forget that Osi is out for the year)

he's turning into the team spokesman- also seems to be very close to eli manning.

O'Hara is a great guy and better yet one of the better centers in the league. If I had to choose one of the most under rated lineman in the league..O'Hara would be it.

he's turning into the team spokesman- also seems to be very close to eli manning.

Agreed, it's been like that for a couple years now, he's one of the leaders and I think he'd take a bullet for Eli. He's always the first one to speak up to defend Eli after a bad game. Of course, you pretty much gotta be close to the guy that spends 3 hours touching your ass.

We can't be letting Hix's cage get rattled. They better give him a bigger helmet with more padding. A side benefit would be Eli could see his big head easier.

who was that guy on the bills who wore that bubble helmet? was it beebe?

It was mostly wore by Mark Kelso here's a pic of it

helmet0104.jpg

Yeah I vaguely remember Kelso Wolf. I wonder if they proved and/or disproved the concept of a pop top helmet reducing the incidence of concussion. I would guess not as I have not seen any recent wearers.

"I called him 'Uncle Phil' because I always say he looks like Phil Banks from 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' and he gave me the finger so I knew he was OK."

:lol:

Funny. My 9 year old nephew said McKenzie looks like Mr T without the Mohawk :LMAO: