SportsWrath

Burress will show...

randoff

Maybe this was a front because he knew he was not healthy and just did not want to participate during mini-camp. Almost a Strahan type thing or maybe the organization promised him something.

I don't think it's either. He's not injured. Whatever "injury" he allegedly had during the season should be healed by now.. it's an ankle injury and no bones were broken.

And if he was still injured, he should have no problem telling the Giants so.. and they would gladly have him sit out mini camp.. they'd be foolish not to.

My feeling is that the organization stuck to their guns.. basically telling him he's in no position to ask for a new deal halfway thru the first one. The "window" to renegotiate is 2 years out or a year out.. but never 3 years. The organization needed to set the tone.. otherwise, you'd have everyone who has a good half season line up outside the GM's office.

Ok that was the GM in me talking. :)

I don't think it's either. He's not injured. Whatever "injury" he allegedly

Is there something that's wrong with you? Guy played with a torn ankle tendon, torn

tendon in his right pinky finger and then sprained his MCL in a freak accident a couple

days before the superbowl. He should have been on IR in Week 7, he chose to play

and he played at a very high level.

Of course, you will just tell us stories on how you kicked field goals with TWO sprained

ankles in Hunt's Point.

Save the bullshit Nas, we don't want to hear it.

I don't think it's either. He's not injured. Whatever "injury" he allegedly had during the season should be healed by now.. it's an ankle injury and no bones were broken.

And if he was still injured, he should have no problem telling the Giants so.. and they would gladly have him sit out mini camp.. they'd be foolish not to.

My feeling is that the organization stuck to their guns.. basically telling him he's in no position to ask for a new deal halfway thru the first one. The "window" to renegotiate is 2 years out or a year out.. but never 3 years. The organization needed to set the tone.. otherwise, you'd have everyone who has a good half season line up outside the GM's office.

Ok that was the GM in me talking. :)

Nas, dude, you got to show some heart. The guy in the biggest of our lives with a torn MCL. He pulled a Willis Reed on us...Pay the man, please. (Of course I'm talking to the GM in you) ;)

Acording to The Record (northjersey.com), Plax also plans on signing a new contract with the Giants. No details about what it might be, but he expects it to get done. I certainly hope so....he's worth every penny.

He also says some things that insinuates Shockey is going to have more problems ahead for the Giants

Plax plans on signing new contract this week

Is there something that's wrong with you? Guy played with a torn ankle tendon, torn

tendon in his right pinky finger and then sprained his MCL in a freak accident a couple

days before the superbowl. He should have been on IR in Week 7, he chose to play

Of course, you will just tell us stories on how you kicked field goals with TWO sprained

ankles in Hunt's Point.

Gotta agree. He played better on a torn ankle than most receivers do on two good ones, then had a sprained MCL AND a mildly seperated shoulder in the Super Bowl, and all he did was beat his man by 10 yards to catch the game winning TD pass.

He deserves to get paid.

ankles in Hunt's Point.

There's no "bullshit" in my stories, dude. I happened to be a tough little guy who LOVES the game. It's been my belief that professional athletes exaggerate their injuries... We play injured.. we go to work sick.... enough already. It's been over 6 months since our last game... I don't want to hear about his ankle again.

Gotta agree. He played better on a torn ankle than most receivers do on two good ones, then had a sprained MCL AND a mildly seperated shoulder in the Super Bowl, and all he did was beat his man by 10 yards to catch the game winning TD pass.

He deserves to get paid.

Wow!!! I didn't know he wasn't getting paid before. So that 3.25 MILLION Dollars he's scheduled to make this year is a hoax? What's wrong with you people?

There's no "bullshit" in my stories, dude. I happened to be a tough little guy who LOVES the game. It's been my belief that professional athletes exaggerate their injuries... We play injured.. we go to work sick.... enough already. It's been over 6 months since our last game... I don't want to hear about his ankle again.

Exaggerate? Yeah, okay Nas...get real. They play a very violent game and I have no problem

with Plax getting paid when he is in the prime of his career. Are you jealous of him?

We play injured? Oh thats right, I keep forgetting your the king of football on the sandlot. ;)

I don't equate going to work with a headache than going to work with 1. A torn ankle tendon, 2. A torn pinky

finger tendon and 3. a sprained MCL.

plax also said his ankle is 90% healed.

nas i dont get your bitterness towards plax. i didnt really like him that much either because of his attitude but this year he wowed me to the point where he's my favorite player.

Obviously you have no idea how serious a bad high ankle sprain can be, and linger.

He also says some things that insinuates Shockey is going to have more problems ahead for the Giants

Plax plans on signing new contract this week

Give me a break bleedin. He said, "He's in the dark like everyone else." He also said that:

"I can't speak for him," Burress added. "From a player's standpoint, I want him around. There's no question about it. He's one of the reasons I became a New York Giant, so I could play with a tight end that could get up and down the football field and stretch the field a little bit."

But while Burress wants Shockey, the player, on the field, he's also concerned about Shockey as a person.

"He's become one of my best friends," Burress added. "Selfishly, I want him around. [but] you want everybody happy. If a guy's not happy, then make him happy. You can't have people unhappy and expect them to go out and perform at a high level."

He also said in the post Shockey said that,

" He wants them(the Giants front office)to act like they like him and want him around."

Thats a quote from te papper. Further proving my theory the was pissed he was on the trading block becaue he wants to be a NY Giant. Take some fucking pride in the fact we have players who wanna be around for a long time and arent just jumping from team to team for the highest price. Mitchell and Wilson should've taken a page from his book.

Exaggerate? Yeah, okay Nas...get real. They play a very violent game and I have no problem

with Plax getting paid when he is in the prime of his career. Are you jealous of him?

No jealousy in my heart, my friend. The point I'm making is.. HE IS GETTING PAID.

We play injured? Oh thats right, I keep forgetting your the king of football on the sandlot. ;)

I don't equate going to work with a headache than going to work with 1. A torn ankle tendon, 2. A torn pinky

finger tendon and 3. a sprained MCL.

No one asked to equate that. I think the guy was faking it.. he played lights out, didn't he? Was in he pain? maybe... but he was well enough to play.

Obviously you have no idea how serious a bad high ankle sprain can be, and linger.

Actually, I don't know anyone who's gotten more ankle sprains than me.. I was too fast for my own good. I had to wear ankle braces to continue playing.. a pain in the ass at first but then you get used to them.

plax also said his ankle is 90% healed.

nas i dont get your bitterness towards plax. i didnt really like him that much either because of his attitude but this year he wowed me to the point where he's my favorite player.

I applauded him when he played like the superstar he's supposed to be... It made up for all the bad antics in previous seasons. Now, as a fan, all I ask is he honors what he signed to do.. he still has 3 more years on his contract.. asking to renegotiate it now is ridiculous. I'm afraid it can fuck out our cap big time.. suddenly everyone is looking for a big pay day.

I applauded him when he played like the superstar he's supposed to be... It made up for all the bad antics in previous seasons. Now, as a fan, all I ask is he honors what he signed to do.. he still has 3 more years on his contract.. asking to renegotiate it now is ridiculous. I'm afraid it can fuck out our cap big time.. suddenly everyone is looking for a big pay day.

if they cut him next year, he gets nothing. you can't look at NFL contracts as you would the real world. best practice would be to negotiate a new contract sometime this season, preferably before the season.

Actually, I don't know anyone who's gotten more ankle sprains than me.. I was too fast for my own good. I had to wear ankle braces to continue playing.. a pain in the ass at first but then you get used to them.

Yeah well, I broke my foot a while back. I just started therapy when Burress hurt his foot. My therapist told me that a high ankle sprain is one of the mot painfull things you can do to your ankle, and its a wonder he can play.

if they cut him next year, he gets nothing. you can't look at NFL contracts as you would the real world. best practice would be to negotiate a new contract sometime this season, preferably before the season.

Blu, the guy still has 3 years left.... not 1 or 2. Besides, he won't get cut now because he's earning his money. A player is cut when he's not living up to his contract.

Yeah well, I broke my foot a while back. I just started therapy when Burress hurt his foot. My therapist told me that a high ankle sprain is one of the mot painfull things you can do to your ankle, and its a wonder he can play.

Buress didn't break his foot though. Bro, I swear I played with fractured foot not knowing it was fractured till after the game in the ER. Maybe I have high pain tolerance... And i'm not even basing my criticism for Plax on that... if he was too hurt to play, he would've sat.. evidently he was able to play despite the pain... We all applaud him for that. The issue is he has 3 years left on his contract and if he continues to play at the level he played last season, the Giants or any other team will pay premium dollar for him.

Is he afraid his 2007 performance was an aberation? Why sign a six year contract if you're going to stall halfway thru it? Why not sign a 3 year contract?

Does anyone have the contract details broke down by earnings by year? I would be shocked if it was front loaded and now that he's at the lower end (because he already made the big bucks), he's crying wolf.

with the rapidly expanding league-wide cap and the normally good approach the giants take to handling the cap, i highly doubt the giants will put themselves in a fucked up state.

the giants take care of their players. i love the fact our FO is being defined for that.