SportsWrath

My new favorite player

Lubeck

Brett Gardner finally got his first major league hit last night after starting 0-14 and the stadium gave him a standing ovation. He also had a couple of great plays in the beginning of the game. And once he gets on base man that guy is fast.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, everyone got on base last night. :P

Not to inject rangerism, but since we're on the subject of new favorite players, our new first baseman Chris Davis is making me fall in love. 19 at bats, 3 home runs. And he;'s on;y 22 or 23 years old. :rock:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, everyone got on base last night.

When they knocked in those two two-run homers I thought all hope was lost. Then that 9 run 7th came along...the stadium was roaring. One of the best ball games I've been to.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, everyone got on base last night. :P

Not to inject rangerism, but since we're on the subject of new favorite players, our new first baseman Chris Davis is making me fall in love. 19 at bats, 3 home runs. And he;'s on;y 22 or 23 years old. :rock:

His fielding is what impresses me. No wonder they could let Teixeira go.

His fielding is what impresses me. No wonder they could let Teixeira go.

Unfortunately, since Comcast sucks and can lick my balls, I havn't seen a Rangers game since April (I'm gonna call them soon). But this dude has just flown through the Rangers system and forced his way onto the big club. If Blalock ever gets healthy, it'll make an interesting situation in the infield with Davis solidifying himself at first and Vasquez playing well at 3rd.

I am officially excited for the future.

Congrats on the outburst last night BTW.

7 rbi in 7 games. dude's for real. it'll be a shame if they send him back down or put him on the bench when blalock returns

I can't see him being sent back down, German Duran would be the first sent down. It's clear though thats theres no real rush to get Blalock back, give him time to get fully healthy.

The thing I like about Washington is that everybody plays, nobody gathers dust on the bench, so even in a BCS and we have everyone healthy, Davis would still get at bats 4 games per week.

...and tonight he rides the bench, while "Melky No Hits" looks foolish at the plate again. :huh:

I'm really starting to hate Girardi. This team is awful and looks like they care less. I thought Girardi was supposed to be a "light a fire under player's asses" type manager. We might as well have kept Torre the way this season is going.

...and tonight he rides the bench, while "Melky No Hits" looks foolish at the plate again. :huh:

I'm really starting to hate Girardi. This team is awful and looks like they care less. I thought Girardi was supposed to be a "light a fire under player's asses" type manager. We might as well have kept Torre the way this season is going.

I don't see anyone throwing their bats down, throwing gloves, etc. They really don't seem to care about winning. I hope this team is vastly different next season going into the new stadium.

I do not want...

Abreu

Mussina

Pettitte

Giambi

Hawkins

Cabrera

Betemit

...back next season.

Maybe even try to trade Jeter. I'm sure there's some stupid GM out there that will do it. But the asshole is untouchable. Hideki Matsui's trade value is shit now if he had any. Let Damon go after next season.

I don't see anyone throwing their bats down, throwing gloves, etc. They really don't seem to care about winning. I hope this team is vastly different next season going into the new stadium.

I do not want...

Abreu

Mussina

Pettitte

Giambi

Hawkins

Cabrera

Betemit

...back next season.

Maybe even try to trade Jeter. I'm sure there's some stupid GM out there that will do it. But the asshole is untouchable. Hideki Matsui's trade value is shit now if he had any. Let Damon go after next season.

I'm hoping Melky goes midway through.

I agree 100% on all the rest, except I would've added Damon to.

Who are you guys? :ph34r:

Not to worry! We didn't get going till this time last year, and now we have a skipper who knows how to work a pitching staff... if we can manage to get one.

The staff has been doing pretty good. sure Farnsworth could implode at any time now, but he hasn't yet. Most of the other teams runs are coming off of the starters.

gardner is not very good...he strikes out at an alarming rate...adaum dunn like without any power whatsoever...and that was in the minors. he's a 4th outfielder at best...and thats giving him alot of credit. He will never hit a major league home run. but he can run like a deer.