SportsWrath

Another Poll - Rookies

BleedinBlue

Rookies  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which rookie will have the greatest impact this coming season?

• S Kenny Phillips
    • CB Terrell Thomas
    • WR Mario Manningham
    • LB Bryan Kehl
    • LB Jonathan Goff
    • QB Andre? Woodson
    • DE Robert Henderson
    • WR D.J. Hall
    • S Nehemiah Warrick
    • Some other UDFA

I think Phillips will be starting at the beginning of the season, so I think he will make an immediate impact.

I think Sammy Knight will start, and Phillips will end up the starter. I hope we have Michael Johnson and Phillips as our starters. Unless they are the same safety position. :P

I think Sammy Knight will start, and Phillips will end up the starter. I hope we have Michael Johnson and Phillips as our starters. Unless they are the same safety position. :P

In all honesty I don't care who are safetys are as long as one isnt named Butler, heck I'd even let that Johnson kid start ahead of him.

Though SS would be a harder adjustment due to the check the run and then drop back responsibilities, I do think he should start at SS. Though FS would be easier as he would have most plays develop before him, I don't think he would learn as much. Generally the best FS' are the older guys who can sniff out play action, screens, stop and go's soon after the snap. Once he stops thinking and becomes more instinctual I believe he can really shine at SS.

Thomas - I think at the very least he'll be the nickle back, and probly the second starter about half way through the season. Either Webster will revert back to his former self or madison will have a drop off in play, and Thomas will slide into the nickle spot and play well.

I think we're a year away from seeing Phillips starting.

Thomas - I think at the very least he'll be the nickle back, and probly the second starter about half way through the season. Either Webster will revert back to his former self or madison will have a drop off in play, and Thomas will slide into the nickle spot and play well.

I thought they wanted to move T Thomas to safety?

Really VG? I can't say I agree. A first round pick at a position of need? I think he starts at one of the safety spots to open the season. He was the highest rated safety coming out of the draft. I think he has the athleticism to start right away, it will just come down to his dedication to learning the defensive playbook and his commitment in training camp/exhibition season. I think he will earn it to start the year.

I thought they wanted to move T Thomas to safety?

That's not a given. I just read some articles about the Giants might try him out playing a little safety, but intend to use him right off in the nickel spot. He's big, strong, and a very hard hitter....yet he's fleet of foot enough to chase down those long legged recievers. As it is....we need CB help enough that he'll definitely see a lot of time at CB. Surpirsingly, they didn't bring in any UDFA cornerbacks, so I have to think Thomas will see most duty in the nickel and CB....at least for now.

That's not a given. I just read some articles about the Giants might try him out playing a little safety, but intend to use him right off in the nickel spot. He's big, strong, and a very hard hitter....yet he's fleet of foot enough to chase down those long legged recievers. As it is....we need CB help enough that he'll definitely see a lot of time at CB. Surpirsingly, they didn't bring in any UDFA cornerbacks, so I have to think Thomas will see most duty in the nickel and CB....at least for now.

So, Rdub is a goner?

I dont think so. He's versatile and he's our main PR guy. Unless Mario proves hes the guy for that.

McQuarters is very reliable on PR's, but Droughns aint too bad and Manningham may fill that role too. I would think Droughns would be the odd man out, but Coughlin likes Ruben. You dont think theyll get rid of RW?

Really VG? I can't say I agree. A first round pick at a position of need? I think he starts at one of the safety spots to open the season. He was the highest rated safety coming out of the draft. I think he has the athleticism to start right away, it will just come down to his dedication to learning the defensive playbook and his commitment in training camp/exhibition season. I think he will earn it to start the year.

Yeah, but he was the last pick in the first round in a weak safety draft. if we didn't need a safety, how far would he have dropped? Zona took the other safety and a lot of people had him ranked higher. Not trying to take away from Phillips, but we have Knight who i expect will be starting, and I expect Johnson to be starting. I just don't see throwing a rookie in there when actually we're not as bad as it appears at the position. Unless of course Johnson/Knight struggle or Phillps just flat out impresses.