SportsWrath

I believe that this is a great need by the Giants

US Patriot

I worry about the ability of the Giants to win any games if, God forbid, Eli is hurt and can't play. The big fat dough-boy has no talent and the other guy (can't remember his name) is useless. I ask you other Giants fans what do you think Jerry Reese is going to do to solve this problem. Do you know of any qb that going to be a free agent or is going to be released by the team they are currently with? Does anybody else agree with me?

We signed David Carr this offseason, I think he is more than adequate for a back up. He was in a tough situation in Carolina where he was asked to come in and be the man after all the injuries. Hopefully he will only see action in mop up roles.

I agree, we have David Carr and the Hefty Lefty so I think we are set at QB. We need to address the lack of LB depth just in case Strahan retires maybe we can move Kiwi back to DE if we have decent depth at LB.

I worry about the ability of the Giants to win any games if, God forbid, Eli is hurt and can't play. The big fat dough-boy has no talent and the other guy (can't remember his name) is useless. I ask you other Giants fans what do you think Jerry Reese is going to do to solve this problem. Do you know of any qb that going to be a free agent or is going to be released by the team they are currently with? Does anybody else agree with me?

Actually I'm very happy with Carr and JLoad. QB position is the least of my worries.

I don't think he knew about Carr. Our depth at the QB position is certainly adequate.

How it is that Carr is not a vegetable from the beatings he took in Houston is amazing. And we still have Wright, right? So our QB depth is Manning, Carr, Lorenzen, and Wright, right?

How it is that Carr is not a vegetable from the beatings he took in Houston is amazing. And we still have Wright, right? So our QB depth is Manning, Carr, Lorenzen, and Wright, right?

Well, I would say that at this point that Woodson will be battling for the 3rd string QB role with J-Load and Wright. They will not carry 4 QB's. Unless they convert J-Load to FB, LOL.

My guess is that the 3rd string QB role is Andre Woodson's to lose. Wright and J-Load will most likely be cut. Woodson has potential to be a good starting QB in the NFL. Same can't be said for the other two, and the Giants will want to showcase him for possible trade, OR they only believe Carr will be a Giant for one year, so he is who they hope will be Eli's back up in 2009 and beyond.

Well, I would say that at this point that Woodson will be battling for the 3rd string QB role with J-Load and Wright. They will not carry 4 QB's. Unless they convert J-Load to FB, LOL.

My guess is that the 3rd string QB role is Andre Woodson's to lose. Wright and J-Load will most likely be cut. Woodson has potential to be a good starting QB in the NFL. Same can't be said for the other two, and the Giants will want to showcase him for possible trade, OR they only believe Carr will be a Giant for one year, so he is who they hope will be Eli's back up in 2009 and beyond.

Yeah but don't you carry 3?

Who was the Giants player again you faulted for breaking both Shockeys and Kiwis leg? Was it Toomer? Then it was pointed out that he is not on the field at the same time as both and it went ignored?

Just curious....

Woodson could be a real steal in this draft....we are talking about the kid that hung an "L" on the NCAA Champion LSU Tigers in triple-OT

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272860096

Woodson dropped because of a subpar Senior Bowl and Combine, but that to me pales when you weigh what he's done in games that actually count.

But the Giants have a splendid backup they can groom for their own enjoyment or a commodity they could use for prime trade value. They have a quarterback who when he gains opportunities in preseason games or as a sub in real games will turn heads.

I see a star quarterback here.

"You can use late picks to develop quarterbacks, and with Eli here, we have an unusual chance to do that," Giants general manager Jerry Reese said. "His value was too good to pass up in the sixth round. He played at the highest level against major competition in the Southeastern Conference. We love his production."

How about 40 TD passes and 11 interceptions last season? How about 71 TDs and 18 interceptions over the last two seasons? How about a stretch of 153 passes during his career without an interception? And then another such streak -- the NCAA record -- of 325 after that? How about leading Kentucky to consecutive bowl-game victories for the first time in 56 years?http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=...mp;confirm=true

When you think about our QB roster last preseason v this preseason, it's amazing. Going into 2007, we had a completely under-fire Manning, backed by Hasselbeck and Lorendzen. Now, we've got Super Bowl MVP, another former #1 pick, and then either the Hefty One or else this kid from Kentucky who was projected as one of the best QB's in the NCAA until the Senior Bowl.